For Immediate Release:
September 24, 2015

Tyler Bare contends all weekend and brings home a solid 6th place finish in the FASTRAK Work Championship. Winchester Small Car Nationals next…

This past weekend, Booper Bare Racing and their fans all converged on Bill Sawyer’s Virginia Motor Speedway for the 2015 edition of the FASTRAK World Championships. After what has been an exciting season, the 12th Annual World Championship is the marquee event for the FASTRAK Racing Series. This event brings in only the best PRO Late Model drivers from all over the east coast, all with one mission in mind and that is to bring home the $15,000 winner’s share and the coveted globe trophy that goes along with the victory in FASTRAK’s most prestigious race.

Friday afternoon the team unloaded a pair of meticulously prepared Southlex Cattle Co. /White’s Travel Center, MBH Race Cars to be piloted by both Tyler and Booper. The crew went to work readying them to battle 42 competitors in the $5,000 to win preliminary “World Challenge”. By the end of practice, both the #30 and the #00 showed great speed and were firmly entrenched on the leader board. As the night wore on, both Bares finished time trials, in the top half of their group(s) setting the stage for their corresponding 8 lap heat races. Tyler would be up first and he battled hard bring home a 3rd place finish in Heat No.2, transferring him directly into the night’s 40 lap feature. Not to be outdone, Booper would also finish 3rd in his competitive Heat No.4. Knowing they were both in the show, the team went got busy making changes and getting prepared for the feature event later that night. Tyler & Booper rolled off 10th & 12th respectively as the green flag waived. Both cars were good from the start as they patiently worked their way forward on a track that was a challenging to pass on. Unfortunately, the race ended for Booper on a lap 8 restart after another car jumped the start cause a major pile up entering turn No.1 which saw the 00 hit by numerous cars, ending its night with heavy damage. Knowing his dad was not hurt in the melee; Tyler got back up on the wheel and advanced a few more positions and when the checkered flag waived, Tyler would finish in the 7th position.

Saturday brought the humid, hot sunshine and anticipation as the biggest race of the year was mere hours away. It also brought 43 of the best teams in the country and knowing there was a strong challenge ahead of them, the whole team went to work servicing and repairing both cars for the marquee race of the PRO Late Model season. Once again after an hour of practice both cars were towards the top of the speed chart. A terrible pill draw of 91 & 100 (out of 100) would put both teams late in group No.4 and behind the curve a little. When heat No.4 rolled onto the speedway, Tyler once again battled to a 3rd place finish in a very competitive race filled with championship caliber drivers. Booper on the other hand had his hands full, as the car, fixed from the accident the night before was not quite performing as it should and the decision was made to park it for the rest of the night allowing everyone to concentrate on giving Tyler the best race car possible as he prepared to do battle for 60 laps in the World Championship of PRO Late Model racing.

After driver introductions and a salute to the fans 4-abreast parade lap, it was time to get to work. Tyler immediately knew he had a car to contend with as the DeSigns/Wood Heavy Equipment/Conner Produce No.30, powered by a Kenny Lamb power plant worked to perfection. The Virginia Motor Speedway Track Crew had done a great job as the track was multi-groove and very racy right from the start. Moving forward from his 12th starting spot, Tyler immediately found himself in the top 10. The car worked great both on the bottom as well as up along the guard rail and by lap 25, the younger Bare had advanced within striking distance of the lead group while running 7th and just biding his time. By the halfway point Tyler had taken over 6th and was closing in on the top 5. Taking 5th on the next restart, Tyler would immediately start to apply pressure on the 4th place car. A restart with 20 to go would see an incredible move from the 21 year old Rockbridge Baths, Virginia chauffer as he went to the top entering turn No.1, making it 3 wide, while bringing the hometown crowd to its feet cheering on their 2015 Track Champion. With a lot of traction up top, Bare shot out of turn No.2 in third challenging Dennis Franklin for the runner up spot. Unfortunately the yellow would come out for a spin prior to the lap being complete, relegating Tyler back to 5th on the ensuing restart. The yellow would wave one final time on Lap 54 giving Bare one more shot at the leaders. He immediately when to the high side again but this time Tim Dohm was ready for it and he let his car drift high, forcing Tyler to back out of the throttle and lose his momentum, allowing the sixth place car sneak by on the inside and dropped Bare back a spot. Although he caught back up, he ran out of time and Tyler brought home a hard fought and well deserved 6th place finish against the best of the best.

“My team gave me such a great car all weekend” said Tyler, via telephone, while taking a break from working on the family’s farm in beautiful Rockbridge County. “If only that yellow wouldn’t have come out after the restart about halfway, it might have been different. I am not sure if I had something for Walker (Arthur) and Rambo (Dennis Franklin) but I know I could have raced with them and made it interesting. I want to thank the Sawyer’s and FASTRAK for putting on a big race like this for us. I hope the fans enjoyed it because it was certainly fun to drive in it. I am very happy with 6th but also a little disappointed because I know we had a better car then that” added Bare.

Booper Bare Racing would like to thank everyone on their team for all their help and tireless effort, working for over 6 hours in the heat on Saturday repairing the damage to Booper’s #00 with the hope of putting it in the show. The team would also like to congratulate Walker, Cecil and the whole CBA team on their big FASTRAK World Championship win.

“I can’t thank everyone enough for all their hard work on Saturday” stated team owner Booper Bare. “It was extremely hot and the whole team was up early and decided they wanted to try and fix the car. They did a great job in the heat and within the time restraint we had to work with. I wish we could have put both cars in the race, but something was still not right with the car and I felt it was better to not take any more time away from getting Tyler ready for the feature, so I decided to withdraw from the B-main. Tyler did such a great job during the race, I was actually glad I got to watch it” added the elder Bare.

The team plans to enter Tyler and the No.30 at Winchester Speedway for their Small Car Nationals this weekend. Please keep up to date with results and information on Tyler’s twitter account at @TBareRacing30
Please note this is a new twitter account as the original accounts email was hacked. Please disregard and un-follow the old account and follow along with this one.

Sponsor Spotlight – Conner Produce Co. – Lynchburg, Virginia:
Originally opened in 1933 by Vernin Conner, current owner Donald Johns has worked all his life for the Lynchburg, Virginia produce company. In 1969, just as soon as he became old enough, Johns started working nights after school learning the insides and outs of what it takes to maintain the freshest fruits and vegetables. In 2005, after working part time for the Conners for well over three decades, Donald purchased Conner Produce. Today, under his guidance, Conner Produce is thriving in a market where fresh vegetables and fruits on dinner tables every night are replacing the need and desire for packaged products. 100 percent locally owned and operated, Conner Produce continues to offer the freshest produce to the consumer and restaurants all over Central Virginia. They can be reached by phone at (434)845-4583
Tyler Bare and BBR would like to thank all of their Marketing Partners:
Blue Grass Farms, Conner Produce Co., CSF Cattle Co., DeSigns, K.R.S. Graphics, LEE-HI Truck Parts, Octane Race Products by Poskes, Rhodenizer Heating & Air, LLC., Southlex Cattle Company, Sunoco Race Fuels, Wood Heavy Equipment Co. and World Wide Racing Fuels along with associate support from… Abshire’s Handyman Service, Bill Weeks Garage, Brinn Transmissions, Close Racing Supply, Davis Auto Electric, HTMA/Hoosier Tires, Keyser Manufacturing, Penske Racing Shocks, and Rocket Chassis.

2015 Stats:
Starts: 28
Wins: 6
Top 5: 20
Top 10: 24
11-15: 2
15-20: 2
DNF: 2

Current Points:
Virginia Motor Speedway – 2015 Point Champion
Fastrak Weekly Point Series – 2nd - (1st in the Southeast Region)

Upcoming Racing Schedule: (Subject to change)
September 25th & 26th – Winchester Speedway – Small Car Nationals

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media