Default Badlands Motor Speedway 2016

What's your thoughts on this with new ownership? I will say that I posted that it would be nice if they started a 1 or 2 day Late Model Show on there website and they liked it. I no they focus on Sprint Cars but they have much more.

Run it early in the season. With the weekly purses they're going to pay I can't see it lasting long.

Agree, I don't no how they can pay that much. But he is a billionaire and might need a tax right off.

Quote Originally Posted by TUTY View Post
    Agree, I don't no how they can pay that much. But he is a billionaire and might need a tax right off.
    That payout should sure give him some nice write offs. It'll be interesting to see how much Badlands will affect Knoxvile next year.

It's crazy to think they are going to run 410's on Saturday nights for $5000 to win and maybe more important $700 to start each week. I think it's $1000 for quick time and I think if you win your heat, qualifying, A-Main its $7500. $35,000 every Saturday night and Sunday's 360's paying $2500 to win and a $17,500 purse. They claim no one in the country pays 360's 1/2 that much. Behind the scenes it is interesting as the NSL has 4 Saturday night shows there against Knoxville 2 or 3 of them. Also heard Todd Quiring owner of the NSL is going to Friday nights in Jackson MN, i think they have worked things out together. Brent Kaeding drove a car out of Sioux Falls this year and rumor has it Badlands will have 1 or 2 cars of there own next year. Also Quirings 2 cars, Danny Lasoski and Sammy Swindel will be racing every Saturday night at Badlands in 2016. Terry McCarl I believe will be in a Badlands car and not racing Knoxville. Dusty Zomer ( Buffalo Wild Wings) will not be in Knoxville next year, he's from Sioux Falls. It's interesting and hopefully Chuck and Todd can really help make this some of the best racing in the country.

All I can say is WOW,wish I lived closer to that place and if they ever run SLM'S I WILL try my best to b there.

You can say it's a tax deal or what ever you want but there will be a lot of lucky,and happy people out that way.

It will be interesting, but TMAC said he was going to be in Eldora one of those Saturday Nights already (hard to be in two places at once).

Personally, I don't see this working long-term and while the purse sounds great, Knoxville did the same thing 3 seasons ago (paid $800 to start) and the car counts actually went DOWN instead of up.

As far the NSL goes, they have said ZERO regarding this situation, so I will take a "wait and see" approach. From what Chuck Brennan has said, the NSL will be there for 1 show in May, and participate in his big show the week after the Knoxville Nationals, that's hardly 4 Saturdays. And the FACT that the NSL didn't confirm those dates right away tells me Chuck may be blowing smoke currently and trying to paint others into a corner.

Per Sammy, CJB Motorsports (team owners) and Big Game TreeStands (Sponsor), Sammy will be racing the "Big Races", not committing to any series or track (he plans on 30-35 nights including the big events (Kings Royal, Williams Grove National Open, Knoxville Nationals. World Finals (those right there are 11 days).

In my Opinion, Sioux Falls will gain 4 cars from Knoxville's weekly show in 2015 (Terry McCarl (his sponsors are in Sioux Falls), Austin McCarl (ditto), Dusty Zomer (car owner lives in Sioux Falls, makes more sense for their team) and the Lunstra Team (hopefully Tim Kaeding again in 2016).

I don't see Lasoski committing to running in Sioux Falls as neither he, nor Guy Forbrook (Crew Chief and Team Manager) ever cared for the track (Danny has never been as good as McCarl there and it's the opposite at Knoxville, McCarl isn't as good as the Dude).

As far as the new owner of the track being a Billiionaire, that is laughable. His is a millionaire however, but like anything, he's in business to make $$. I think he'll figure out pretty quick that he is losing $$$ and purses will be cut in 2017 (or racing will go away and he'll make it strictly a concert venue (which is what he talks about all the time during his press conferences about the raceway, it's we're gonna have this type of concert or that type of concert). IMO, he's not committed to the racing, he's committed to making money.

If Chuck owns cars that will be racing there, IMO, that will be a bad move as it will alienate the other teams that already feel that some drivers are given preferential treatment.

Time will tell what happens. I hope Huset's is successful, Jackson is Successful and Knoxville is successful. The only really bad part is this past season (and forever years past), drivers could run Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and going forward one day has been eliminated from their weekend of racing (with the move from Sunday to Saturday). To me, that is bad for the race teams.

I agree we will all have to see what happens. I think having this much time to put your program together they are hoping for the 410 guys to race 360's on Sunday's for $2500 to win. Just reading between the lines here but that makes sense and gives a driver a chance to win $7500 to $10,000 in 2 nights in 1 place. Badlands has 4 dates listed for the NSL next year on there website. My hope is a Late Model Show, I'm crossing my figures. They are having 5 total concerts, Monster Truck X with all 4 Bigfoots on hand for the first time, National Truck Pullers Assc. 10 classes, top 5 in the U.S. from each. ONE THING I ASKED AND NEVER GOT A ANSWER, IN THINK ITS $195 for the 3 night Gold Cup, if that's true GOOD LUCK!

Another interesting thing is the new NSL 360 Sprints. I bet this region will have 4 or 5 shows at Jackson and Badlands.

Just found info on the Rock n Roll 3 day Gold cup. $60 night 1, $60 night 2, $75 night 3, 3 day pass for $175. There is a concert on Wednesday to kick the event off TBA and the 4 day pass is $195, extra $20.

It's crazy to think they are going to run 410's on Saturday nights for $5000 to win and maybe more important $700 to start each week. I think it's $1000 for quick time and I think if you win your heat, qualifying, A-Main its $7500. $35,000 every Saturday night and Sunday's 360's paying $2500 to win and a $17,500 purse. They claim no one in the country pays 360's 1/2 that much. Behind the scenes it is interesting as the NSL has 4 Saturday night shows there against Knoxville 2 or 3 of them. Also heard Todd Quiring owner of the NSL is going to Friday nights in Jackson MN, i think they have worked things out together. Brent Kaeding drove a car out of Sioux Falls this year and rumor has it Badlands will have 1 or 2 cars of there own next year. Also Quirings 2 cars, Danny Lasoski and Sammy Swindel will be racing every Saturday night at Badlands in 2016. Terry McCarl I believe will be in a Badlands car and not racing Knoxville. Dusty Zomer ( Buffalo Wild Wings) will not be in Knoxville next year, he's from Sioux Falls. It's interesting and hopefully Chuck and Todd can really help make this some of the best racing in the country.
    You need to find someone that provides you more accurate information. Brent Kaeding has not been driving a car out of Sioux Fallls this year (Tim Kaeding did though). Also, it is highly unlikely that Danny Lasoski will be at Badlands for regular nights of racing. He probably will go for the NSL events, though.

Really sorry I mixed up the first name. Danny may not run every Saturday night but he will the 4 NSL shows and another 4-6 that are open, along with McCarl, son, Zomer, and a lot of the NSL guys. There will be nights with 10 to 12 cars in the B-Main. $5000 TO WIN AND $700 TO START, will hurt Knoxville .....

Really sorry I mixed up the first name. Danny may not run every Saturday night but he will the 4 NSL shows and another 4-6 that are open, along with McCarl, son, Zomer, and a lot of the NSL guys. There will be nights with 10 to 12 cars in the B-Main. $5000 TO WIN AND $700 TO START, will hurt Knoxville .....
    Is this a Late Model issue? As to "hurting Knoxville" "those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it".

One thing I will tell you is in 1980 Knoxville and Jackson Mn were the same. Knoxville stuck there neck out and had a vision and made something great. Jackson was run by the VFW and owed by the fair board with not a lot of money or interest in expanding. Turn forward 35 years and now 17,000 new seats are going in as we speak with the entire stands having sky boxes on top. Sounds like they might be running on Fridays so Jackson on Friday with 410's and 360's, Badlands Saturday 410's with Sunday as a rain date.