Default For what it's worth....

I know this message board is mostly top series dominated with some regional series posts on here to fill in the gaps but as a member on here I wanted to put my 2 cents worth in too. I have been around racing for a very long time and have the pleasure of working with a regional driver that has struggled to break into the win column for over a year. We changed that last night by taking the Comp Cams Series biggest event last night at I-30 Speedway last night. It was a great win for us because we have run with these guys since the series started and it was the 1st win with them for Clay. It's been hard on us all year but we finally got 1.

For what its worth, I want to put my 2 cents in on here coming from just a little guy. I want everyone to know that we work just as hard if not harder on our cars as the guys on top of our sport. We work endless hours a day at our job for our families and then countless hours in the shop. We go through the same things to race as the top teams do, from the car, prepping tires, cleaning the rig, and still working a job every day. Wins are not easy to come by. We can attest to that. But that doesn't mean we don't prepare hard every week to win.

Every person on here has their favorite driver and they have those they hate. The same can be said about Chassis brands. We all have our favorites. I am no different. I have a few of those that I just loathe and I have my reasons. But the 1 thing I will always do is give them the respect they deserve when they win because I know how hard it is to get there. This is the sport I love. The passion I have for racing is tremendous and I will always have that. I hope everyone on here feels the same way.

I know racing is expensive and this piss poor economy isn't helping. Just going to the races to watch can be hard to do for a lot of people. I just hope everyone can go as often as they can afford to, enjoy the racing, and have a great time. Cheer for the drivers you like, boo the drivers you dislike, but respect them all because we are ALL doing what we love. Anyone that happens to be at the same race that we are at, please stop by and say hello. It would be an honor to meet you in person. We will be at the Gumbo Nationals, Cotton Picken 100, Deep Fries 75, and the Fall Classic. Wish us good luck and come see us. Have a great day and God Bless.

Thanks,

slmcrewchief99

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    I know this message board is mostly top series dominated with some regional series posts on here to fill in the gaps but as a member on here I wanted to put my 2 cents worth in too. I have been around racing for a very long time and have the pleasure of working with a regional driver that has struggled to break into the win column for over a year. We changed that last night by taking the Comp Cams Series biggest event last night at I-30 Speedway last night. It was a great win for us because we have run with these guys since the series started and it was the 1st win with them for Clay. It's been hard on us all year but we finally got 1.

For what its worth, I want to put my 2 cents in on here coming from just a little guy. I want everyone to know that we work just as hard if not harder on our cars as the guys on top of our sport. We work endless hours a day at our job for our families and then countless hours in the shop. We go through the same things to race as the top teams do, from the car, prepping tires, cleaning the rig, and still working a job every day. Wins are not easy to come by. We can attest to that. But that doesn't mean we don't prepare hard every week to win.

Every person on here has their favorite driver and they have those they hate. The same can be said about Chassis brands. We all have our favorites. I am no different. I have a few of those that I just loathe and I have my reasons. But the 1 thing I will always do is give them the respect they deserve when they win because I know how hard it is to get there. This is the sport I love. The passion I have for racing is tremendous and I will always have that. I hope everyone on here feels the same way.

I know racing is expensive and this piss poor economy isn't helping. Just going to the races to watch can be hard to do for a lot of people. I just hope everyone can go as often as they can afford to, enjoy the racing, and have a great time. Cheer for the drivers you like, boo the drivers you dislike, but respect them all because we are ALL doing what we love. Anyone that happens to be at the same race that we are at, please stop by and say hello. It would be an honor to meet you in person. We will be at the Gumbo Nationals, Cotton Picken 100, Deep Fries 75, and the Fall Classic. Wish us good luck and come see us. Have a great day and God Bless.

Thanks,

slmcrewchief99
    Congrats on the WIN at I-30 Speedway and hope you can get another by seasons end.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Congrats on the win!!! I hope you guys enjoy it.
    Last edited by huskerdirt; 09-27-2015 at 06:44 PM.

Congrats! I was going to send you a pm, but couldn't quite remember your username!

Good post also!
    Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep.

Thanks,

slmcrewchief99
    New fan here..... great post.........how can anyone not root for this team????

Congrats on the win.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Congrats guys! Tell that queer driver of yours it's about time he got up on the wheel!😉

Thanks a ton Husker, 25drtrkr, HoosierDF, and BBQ. That means a lot coming from the Senior members on here. And Talon, you can bet I will tell him exactly what you said. Hell, I have to keep reminding him to take Stuckey's advice and stop driving like a girl. lol

Thumbs up

Thanks a ton Husker, 25drtrkr, HoosierDF, and BBQ. That means a lot coming from the Senior members on here. And Talon, you can bet I will tell him exactly what you said. Hell, I have to keep reminding him to take Stuckey's advice and stop driving like a girl. lol

Hey there slmcrewchief congratulations on your teams win last night at I-30 speedway Hope you all get to enjoy a couple more before the end of the season my friend!!
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Congrats on the win. hope many more are coming soon..

Congrats to ya hope this is the begining of a winning streak

Thanks,

slmcrewchief99
    Congratulations to Clay and your whole team!! Also, thanks for a great post. I can vouch for everything you said, as I helped a very low budget team in the past.

Don't be a stranger, as this forum needs more posters like you and less of the negative nancies.