Unhappy Tony Stewart retires after 2016

Since he owns Eldora and has a DLM thought I'd post it here:
    http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup...-2016-season//

This is a fake story he's not retiring

It was from a Tweet I received. Just checked NASCAR and nothing is posted there. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by waaac77 View Post
    its legit and Clint Bowyer gets his car when he steps out of it..

Poor TSfan!!!! hahahhahahhahaaha and some morrisssss!!!

Thumbs down

Just reported on espn.
    STAND WITH SMOKE!
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 09-27-2015 at 10:23 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

It only says he's retiring from NASCRAP. You'll be seeing him at a short track near you in the next few years, but it'll be in a modified or late model instead of the sprint car.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    It only says he's retiring from NASCRAP. You'll be seeing him at a short track near you in the next few years, but it'll be in a modified or late model instead of the sprint car.
    IMO that's a good thing. If I had his money and abilities, I'd do the same thing. Retire from the drama fest, and live while he's still relatively young. Schrader has a blast driving dirt now that he got away from nasbore.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    IMO that's a good thing. If I had his money and abilities, I'd do the same thing. Retire from the drama fest, and live while he's still relatively young. Schrader has a blast driving dirt now that he got away from nasbore.
    Yep. Kenny Wallace and David Stremme too.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Yep. Kenny Wallace and David Stremme too.
    Stremme has a very nice thing going .......lethal driving and chassis development.

See him all over the place, guy is pretty cool too.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Stremme has a very nice thing going .......lethal driving and chassis development.

See him all over the place, guy is pretty cool too.
    Stremme had ties to longhorn on the mods. Cant remember the deal but longhorn built some of the chassis and stremme put the frt clip on. I dont know if he does all in house yet or not. Someone correct me if im wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Stremme had ties to longhorn on the mods. Cant remember the deal but longhorn built some of the chassis and stremme put the frt clip on. I dont know if he does all in house yet or not. Someone correct me if im wrong.
    Ya don't say?????lol
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by waaac77 View Post

Fake story and not retiring huh? Your info sucks..... I think if I were you I'd find a new source..... Just sayin......
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Does anyone on here actually watch the Sunday snoozer's

I watch NASCAR or PGA Golf if I need to take a nap. Works every time.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    So is he retiring or what?
    From www.jayski.com

Stewart to retire after 2016 season UPDATE2: Tony Stewart, a three-time Sprint Cup Series champion, plans to retire after the 2016 season, team and industry sources told ESPN's Marty Smith. Mired in one of the worst seasons of his career at 25th in the standings, Stewart will run one final season before handing over the driving duties of the Stewart-Haas Racing #14 Chevy to Clint Bowyer, sources said. #15-Bowyer is driving for Michael Waltrip Racing in 2015, but that team is closing operations after the season. He does not currently have a ride for 2016. Stewart won the Sprint Cup in 2002, 2005 and 2011. He missed out on the Chase for the Sprint Cup this year after posting zero wins and two top-10s leading up to the Chase. The 45-year-old Stewart is tied for 13th in career victories with 48. Stewart, who has 582 career Cup starts, missed the final 15 races of the 2013 season with a broken leg suffered in a sprint car accident. He missed three races last season after the sprint car he was racing struck and killed 20-year-old Kevin Ward Jr., who had approached Stewart's car on foot at Canandaigua Motorsports Park.(ESPN.com / Motorsport.com)(9-27-2015)
    UPDATE: Stewart-Haas Racing has scheduled a news conference for 1:00pm/et on Wednesday at the team's Kannapolis, N.C., headquarters, at which time driver and team co-owner Tony Stewart is expected to announce that 2016 will his last season behind the wheel. Gene Haas, Stewart's partner, will attend the news conference, the team confirmed.(FOXSports.com)(9-28-2015) UPDATE2: Tony Stewart will step away from Sprint Cup competition following the 2016 season, NASCAR.com has confirmed from multiple sources. A press conference at Stewart-Haas Racing's North Carolina shop is scheduled for Wednesday afternoon to announce the plans, which will include naming Clint Bowyer to drive Stewart's #14 Chevy beginning in 2017. NASCAR.com will live stream the 1 p.m. ET announcement at NASCAR.com/presspass.(NASCAR.com)(9-28-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by 70satomic View Post
    Does anyone on here actually watch the Sunday snoozer's
    I try to watch the short tracks and road courses.....notice I said try. I can watch the road courses, those are somewhat interesting sometimes. I tried watching the race this past Sunday, woke up about 3 hours later and had rewind the dvr to see who won haha.

Yes I still watch NASCAR. And yes I still like it but, it's not as good as back in the day. When the engineers came on board full scale the racing got worse. That's when the money really mattered not that it didn't before but, nothing like today.
    Last edited by kidrock; 09-28-2015 at 10:11 PM.