FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 29th, 2015

Jared Landers Charges to Knoxville Late Model Nationals Title

Batesville, Arkansas (09/29/15) - Jared Landers added another crown jewel to his trophy case on Saturday evening by piloting his Crop Production Services #777 Mark Martin Automotive/Sweet Bloomquist/Durham Racing Engine Super Late Model to the $40,000 win in the finale for the 12th Annual Lucas Oil Knoxville Late Model Nationals.

“This is so big for our team,” commented Landers in a post-race, press conference. “We’ve been trying so hard this year, and we’ve been so good, but we just haven’t been able to get the job done.” He concluded by saying, “This is the biggest win of my career. This one is for my dad (Lance Landers), my crew, my fans, and all my sponsors.”

On Thursday night Jared Landers was one of sixty-three Super Late Models signed in at Knoxville Raceway (Knoxville, Iowa) for the opening night of the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) sanctioned, 12th Annual Lucas Oil Knoxville Late Model Nationals presented by Casey’s General Stores. Recording the fastest time overall in qualifying, Landers scored a 5th place finish in his heat transferring him into the B-Main. Transferring the top six, Jared bagged a 3rd place outing giving him a spot for the 25-lap A-Main. Battling for a $7,000 payday, Jared Landers gained eleven spots in the feature retiring a 10th place finish.

With fifty-eight Super Late Models returning for competition on Friday night for the second round of preliminary action, Landers recorded a runner-up finish in his heat to Earl Pearson Jr., transferring him into the main event. Competing for another $7,000-to-win A-Main, Landers maintained his 6th place starting spot for all 25-laps.

Based off the two rounds of preliminary results, Jared Landers was slated to start 7th for the $40,000 to win A-Main on Saturday night. He raced his way into the top five early in the event and slowly began working his way toward the lead. With just twelve laps remaining Landers overtook Josh Richards for the top spot. He survived a scare in lap traffic and a last-lap charge from Richards to claim the triumph in the crown jewel. Claiming his second victory of the season, Landers was followed across the finish line with Richards, Jimmy Owens, Mike Marlar, and Darrell Lanigan rounding out the top five.

“I feel like we truly turned a corner with this win,” commented Landers. “Now that we’ve proven that we are where we need to be, the pressure is on me to continue to perform. I’m really excited about what the future could hold for our team.”

Jared is tenth in the latest series' standings. Full results from these events are available at www.LucasDirt.com .

Jared Landers will resume action this weekend with a pair of $10,000-to-win, Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) events in Georgia. Action opens on Saturday evening at Dixie Speedway (Woodstock, Georgia) with the annual Dixie Shootout before heading to Rome Speedway (Rome, Georgia). For more information on the events, please visit www.LucasDirt.com .

Jared would like to thank all of his sponsors including Crop Production Services, Bad Boy Mowers, Big Dog Motorsports, ASC Warranty, Burger Fusion Company, Mark Martin Automotive, Double L Motorsports, Durham Racing Engines, Hoosier Tire, FK Rod Ends, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Peterson Fluid Systems, Sweet Manufacturing, Stealth Racing Carburetors, Hooker Harness, Mark 4 ATV Superstore, Performance Rod & Custom, Penske Shocks, Hawkeye Truck Sales, Lucas Oil Products, Schoenfeld Headers, Butlerbuilt Professional Seat Systems, Weld Racing, Bell Helmets, Fast Shafts, Sunoco Race Fuels, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest news, updates, and other information regarding Jared Landers, please point your browsers to www.JaredLanders.com .