Default SLM Doubleheader - Strange Bedfellows

On Friday, October 9, Fayetteville Motor Speedway in Fayetteville, NC will host a $4,000 to win Carolina Clash Super Late Model Series race (with all support classes)...... and then.......just 28 miles down a divided 4 lane highway........on Saturday, October 10, Dublin Motor Speedway in Dublin, NC will host a $4,000 to win Ultimate Super Late Model Series race (with all support divisions). This will be the perfect opportunity to take in two sanctioned super late model races
    within 24 hours or so at two entirely different 4/10 mile tracks.

As lousy as the weather is right now in the southeast, forecasts are for bright and sunny, dry weather for Friday and Saturday with temperatures close to 80 degrees! Expect two good nights of racing.

Saturday, October 10
    ULTIMATE Super Late Models
    40 laps - $4000 to win
    Return to the Rattlesnake
    Pit Gates open at 3 PM EST
    Drivers meeting at 7 PM with hot laps to follow
    Dublin Motor Speedway is located at:
    1364 Rice Pond Road in Dublin, North Carolina
    $200 M&W Transport HAULIN' IT FAST TIME Award
    Plus awards from PPM Racing Products, Schaeffer's Racing Oil by Keith Brady, AR Bodies and more!

I plan on doing Fayetteville for certain and Dublin if my back holds out.

It would be a shame to drive a distance to see racing and Fayetteville was the one you got to see rather than Dublin.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    It would be a shame to drive a distance to see racing and Fayetteville was the one you got to see rather than Dublin.
    Was thinking the exact same thing JOG..............
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Well...I was actually rethinking that. I'd probably have to push it to make it to Fayetteville on Friday and I've never been to Dublin. Also, I'd like to see the Ultimate series race, especially since Casey and Rambo are going for the title.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeX3 View Post
    Well...I was actually rethinking that. I'd probably have to push it to make it to Fayetteville on Friday and I've never been to Dublin. Also, I'd like to see the Ultimate series race, especially since Casey and Rambo are going for the title.
    You won't be disappointed..........

It'll be Fergy Time at both tracks. He just posted he's gonna be there. Now I'm stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeX3 View Post
    It'll be Fergy Time at both tracks. He just posted he's gonna be there. Now I'm stoked.
    The 22 team run very well at both joints..........that race on Saturday with he , Casey, Rambo,barrow and the rest of the ultimate hitters at the rattlesnake could be pretty special.

I hope they all got some shirts with 'em. At the least I want a 101 shirt to wear to Charlotte in a few weeks when the WoO boys hold their big show.

Late Announcement: For those late model drivers who may have more than one race car, Dublin Motor Speedway has upped its purse on Saturday night for the Open Wheeled Modified class to a $2,000 to win race in conjunction with its $4,000 to win Ultimate Super Late Model Series race.

Fergy holds the track record at Eldora, and Dublin, and won the last ULTIMATE/Dublin race.

Yep. And I wouldn't be surprised if he can add Fayetteville to that list tomorrow.

Weather looking a little sketchy during the day on Saturday, less sketchy at night.......one thing is for sure, the team at Dublin will be ready for whatever pitch they get thrown.

They race when others cancel, the prep team and the promotion team are pretty dam good at what they do..............whatever you do, don't just write it off based on the forecast, unless it just pours buckets all day and night ,they will get it in and most likely the show will be great as always.

A friend called Richard yesterday and he said there will be a race so I'm thinking Kelley Carlton and the Ultimate Series are in agreement. It might start late but a race will occur. The forecast I see is rain tapering around noon or early afternoon so that won't hurt DMS.