Thread: 4 bar setup

Default 4 bar setup

I ended up getting a modified it is my first one and I'm wondering about the 4 Bar setup the car I have is a 4 bar with pull bar. Also a stock on the top of the 9 inch going Straight across to a chassis bracket. the manufacture only made about 10 and went out of business I have one of them so I don't have a lot of information the track I'm running on has long straightaways and tight turns 1/2 mile. I was looking at the Afco basic set up sheet I'm not sure if that's Where I should get started looking for second opinions on what everything should be thank you.

Stole these pics from my other post. http://postimg.org/gallery/35485nsu6/5825f907/

Suspension rules state 5 inch springs only non-adjustable steel shocks $125 claim rule per shock. Total weight 2400
    Last edited by dirt rufus; 09-30-2015 at 09:58 AM.

The only info given to me was lf-650,rf-550,lr-275,rr-225. Percentages 56% left, 53%rear

What front clip do you have, if its chevelle they would probably work? That lr spring might be to stiff, probably 175-225 range should work. RR spring behind? Do you have a mount to put it in front? If it was me, I would put jam nuts on that pull bar swedge tubes, they can get slack without a jam nut. Are those percents with driver? Best of luck

It's a metric chassis. Springs and shock are coil over setup and are both set behind the reared. They are mounted to the birdcages. I don't believe they can be moved. But check my pic link to confirm.

I would get rid of those pull bar swedge tubes and get one long one and one female heim on one end.

None of my set up stuff would help you as I don't run coil over lr and rr coil over behind.

Get rid of swedge tubes for one piece tubes. Manufacture you recommend or even part number.

I paid a lot of money last year to have a professional shop set up my street stock this year I'm determined to do it myself. Hopefully learn some things

you need to measure to see what length tube you need that would determine the part number. I run black tubes from all star, they seem to be fine ive never broken one.

The angle determines the length or should I just get close to what is on there now.

The guy I got the car from said to chain up the rearend cause he was maxing out the travel of the shocks.

Agree w/ jeff on the tubes what you have is trash almost looks like they threw it on to sell it. LR should should have around 4inches of drop measured at the birdcage, chain or underslung to stop it doesn't matter. Left-hander and a few other places have tap tubing thats what we use on pullbar a lot stronger than the swedge tubes. RR lower looks flat if its at ride height. and the rear% and LS% look flipped, and thats w/o driver numbers.