Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Mr.Rumbley is more of an engine builder than Ronnie Stuckey, Darrell Lanigan, Scott Bloomquist or Billy Moyer are a chassis builder. Mr. Rumbley has been building his own engines for years. I don't think Stuckey, Lanigan, Bloomquist or Moyer has ever build a chassis on their own. I am sure Barry Wright, Tader Masters and Mark Richards have built chassis the same as Clements, Cornett, Hill, Scheilper, Draime and Mr. Rumbley have built engines. Put a pile of tubing in front of Barry Wright, Tader Master or Mark Richards and they can build you a chassis. Put same pile of tubing in front of Stuckey, Lanigan, Bloomquist or Moyer and it will still be a pile a year from now. Put a pile of engine parts in front of Mr. Rumbley and it will be an engine that can win the World 100.
    Last edited by onlyfacts; 10-07-2015 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by t.nie View Post
    I think some people are confusing "parts design and manufacture" with "engine builder." If a guy has to fabricate his own piston, crank, block, etc to be a bona fide "engine builder", its been a long time since anyone could do that and make a better component than what a good manufacturer can sell you.

These days a builder is really more of an assembly engineer. He has to determine, based on your preferences, what he can build that will do what you want it to do at the price you can afford.

So you go to the guy and say "I want 850 hp, so many ft lbs of torque, it has to last 3000 laps between freshens..etc... for this much money" and the builder has to pick all the ingredients to bake that cake and make it work. Or tell you he can't do it for your budget but here is what I can do for you in that price range, or here is the compromise. I can get you 790 at that ft lbs of torque but it won't last more than 1500 laps, etc...

Good builders really know their stuff and can put together a package of components for you that will meet your goals, but you first have to tell them what it is you want or just ask them what packages they have. I would still say a local guy trying to make a living with local racers is probably going to offer you a lot more added value in terms of cooperation, information and weekly support than some big name builder already overflowing with work from the major league racers. The local dude may not have the same level of resources in his shop as the big names, but he does have the advantage of being available and in a price range you can probably afford.
    Good post. Most engines have similar parts. What sets one above others is experience of having built a lot of engines and having the feed back from those customers and the ability to run a lot of different configurations on the Dyno to compare.

MasterSbilt_Racer, is also correct. The engine is not the most important component of a LM. If you have enough for the track, you are running, you have enough. How long it lasts, is what you pay for. What's important is a chassis and driver that can use the engine. Just listen to some of the Go Pro vids. They aren't on the go pedal all the time and how much of it do they really use? A long travel go pedal is probably as important as the engine choice for most tracks.

I will bet you any of the guys you mentioned are capable of fabricating their own chassis .... But when a decent fabricator can be had for $25.00 an hour or less why would they ??? Their time is much better spent running the business

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    I will bet you any of the guys you mentioned are capable of fabricating their own chassis .... But when a decent fabricator can be had for $25.00 an hour or less why would they ??? Their time is much better spent running the business
    Well dam, just when I think your a complete hoax you go and say something relevent like this.

Your point is valid.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I guess its like a home builder, he don't produce the 2x4s or nails, but he is still considered a builder.

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    I guess its like a home builder, he don't produce the 2x4s or nails, but he is still considered a builder.
    I saw that written in another post.......great point.

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    Not in my area. They are called contractors. Most do very little of the work anymore and then sub out the rest! And we wonder why things costs so much.Every time you sub-out work, you have to add a mark-up plus a profit! Houses can be built for 20-30% less than they are being sold now-a-days.
    Lions don't worry when sheep try to copy their username.

andy durham engine in fastest car ever last year at world 100,,, not a bloomer fan but just saying

Very few home builders actually build anything, every detail except the contract negotiation is subbed out and even that is subbed out sometimes ... You can make decent money as a sub without the 50 million headaches of actually running a business ..

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    Very few home builders actually build anything, every detail except the contract negotiation is subbed out and even that is subbed out sometimes ... You can make decent money as a sub without the 50 million headaches of actually running a business ..
    Haha....I am one of those subs! The market is still tough down here but getting better. The builder I work for has seen a drastic increase the last 2 years. The wealthy are investing in funds that heavily invest in the construction trade. He built 100 houses in 2014, 200 this year, and expects to build 500 next year. We all had to sharpen our pencil the last 2 years but now the demand for subs is going to get us some good price increases.

btw.....if you didn't design and build a deck, would you be considered a deck builder?

Quote Originally Posted by dlm25jr View Post
    Haha....I am one of those subs! The market is still tough down here but getting better. The builder I work for has seen a drastic increase the last 2 years. The wealthy are investing in funds that heavily invest in the construction trade. He built 100 houses in 2014, 200 this year, and expects to build 500 next year. We all had to sharpen our pencil the last 2 years but now the demand for subs is going to get us some good price increases.

btw.....if you didn't design and build a deck, would you be considered a deck builder?

You prolly build decks outa old pallets and call yourself a builder right?

According to serge, hucky is a deck erector..........

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    LOL......My hands never see a hammer, skill saw, or screw gun but I am a sub in the construction industry!

.....Now get back in your highchair and finish those peas n carrots, wearing those infamous Superman underoos! LOL

I design and build everything in house , specializing in curved elements such as stairs, rails , beams , raised panel archways you name it. If you have money and you demand the best in your man. And yes every single day I personally build projects and components in the shop. Every single item on my sites is designed , planned and micro managed by me . Just like the example i gave of the guys not personally fabricating their own chassis is the same reason I don't build houses. There's no money in it and the risk vs reward isn't there.

LOL......My hands never see a hammer, skill saw, or screw gun but I am a sub in the construction industry!

.....Now get back in your highchair and finish those peas n carrots, wearing those infamous Superman underoos! LOL

Your hand touches yourself so therfore I see why it doesnt get used but for only one thing!

Quote Originally Posted by onlyfacts View Post
    Mr.Rumbley is more of an engine builder than Ronnie Stuckey, Darrell Lanigan, Scott Bloomquist or Billy Moyer are a chassis builder. Mr. Rumbley has been building his own engines for years. I don't think Stuckey, Lanigan, Bloomquist or Moyer has ever build a chassis on their own. I am sure Barry Wright, Tader Masters and Mark Richards have built chassis the same as Clements, Cornett, Hill, Scheilper, Draime and Mr. Rumbley have built engines. Put a pile of tubing in front of Barry Wright, Tader Master or Mark Richards and they can build you a chassis. Put same pile of tubing in front of Stuckey, Lanigan, Bloomquist or Moyer and it will still be a pile a year from now. Put a pile of engine parts in front of Mr. Rumbley and it will be an engine that can win the World 100.
    I can't take it anymore. You freaking morons act like you know so much about the Rumley's you can't even spell their name right. It's RUMLEY you jack a$$. Now get it right or don't say anything!

Quote Originally Posted by manwplan View Post
    I can't take it anymore. You freaking morons act like you know so much about the Rumley's you can't even spell their name right. It's RUMLEY you jack a$$. Now get it right or don't say anything!
    LOL but it's only facts
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Blow it outa your own horn!

Theres more than just one.
    Bragging about your brains cells again???