Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default gumbo nationals tonight

With all the rain outs I wonder who all put there rigs in high gear today and headed to Mississippi for the 10 grand tonight? I know they have over 160 cars there tonight.. who all is there I don't know. I'm sure information will be out somewhere before long.

I'd say none. I think they're all scared of Bub. Maybe Culp can give Bub a run for his $$.
    8/13/16

hope to see bub in victory lane!!!
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Quote Originally Posted by pink floyd View Post
    hope to see bub in victory lane!!!
    Bub or clay would do for me

Rickman!......

Yeah Rickman gets around there pretty good. There R several who get around Greenville pretty good..Moyer jr. Is doing better than he ever has so it may turn out to be a barn burner there tonight.one thing you can count on is that it will not be a train race.

Ray Moore has always run good at Greenville I wouldn't count him out but that 57j probably be car to beat. Dark horse pick to get to front would be Putnam

Talked to someone down there a few minutes ago.. Timothy Culp won it Josh putnman Bub McCool Ray Moore.. Said it was a pretty good race. I am sure there will be some video out there

I just read the Ben Shelton report on it, it sure sounded like it was good one..

Just watched the video on DOD..... WOW!!! The middle third of the video was some of the best/wildest racing I have seen this year. If you have DOD, it's a must see!!!!

Good race. Glad to see Culp get the win. I do think Bub got screwed tho.
    8/13/16

Congrats to Culp on the win. HH I totally agree how could they put Bub to the rear that just wasn't right.

Quote Originally Posted by paver View Post
    Congrats to Culp on the win. HH I totally agree how could they put Bub to the rear that just wasn't right.
    Bub has had his differences with Greenville before. Not a surprise call by the track. Had he not gone to the tail, I'm a thinkin he might have won it.

Here is some footage of a prior engagement...

https://video.search.yahoo.com/video...t=mozilla&tt=b
    8/13/16

The track had nothing to do with it.. It was a series race.. But for Bub to go to the rear and come back to 3rd as great. Bub started on the rear and won it before, so it can be done there.. That track has the same dirt as Columbus ms. But, it will get even slicker.. Which makes for some dang good racing, Culp had to fend off people all night,

Thanks KWD1253. Naturally I wanted Clay to win also. We had a great car but not the finish. Started 18th and by mid race was up to 7th. We kinda race with all these guys enough to know it can be a battle of attrition. Last night was 1 of those nights. He said he was going to ride and not do anything stupid, Just keep the nose on it and then go race after half way. That's exactly what he did but even the front runners get crazy and that's what happened. It was a restart with 35 to go I believe. That's when Sullivan got turned in the wall and Clay had nowhere to go and knocked the nose off. It's just a part of racing that you hate to be in the middle of but it happens. We will fix it up and hopefully done in time to get to the Cotton Pickin 100 this next weekend. To those that didn't make it to the race really missed a good time. We had a blast for sure.

Man it was a very good wall riding race. Reminded me of the PDCish.

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    Thanks KWD1253. Naturally I wanted Clay to win also. We had a great car but not the finish. Started 18th and by mid race was up to 7th. We kinda race with all these guys enough to know it can be a battle of attrition. Last night was 1 of those nights. He said he was going to ride and not do anything stupid, Just keep the nose on it and then go race after half way. That's exactly what he did but even the front runners get crazy and that's what happened. It was a restart with 35 to go I believe. That's when Sullivan got turned in the wall and Clay had nowhere to go and knocked the nose off. It's just a part of racing that you hate to be in the middle of but it happens. We will fix it up and hopefully done in time to get to the Cotton Pickin 100 this next weekend. To those that didn't make it to the race really missed a good time. We had a blast for sure.
    Yeah seen that sucks, look like yall made the right car setup for sat. Night just ran into some bad luck . Hope yall get the car back to 100% and have so really good luck for cotton pickin 100 to pick that win up.

How much good food did y'all eat up Saturday afternoon? I know Wesley and them treat everybody to alot of it!! The only bad part of it is you want to go take a nap.

Shhhh I hear banjos !!

If that race had been at Fairbury, it'd not only win race of the year for 2015 but retroactively for the next three years as well.