Default Went to Eldora to watch races and got to watch a demolition derby instead

Wow, that mod feature yesterday turned out to be a demo derby. How was the winner not black flagged for his body slam ?

Strickler was just one of many he slammed

Not even sent to the back!!!?? Is their rule, as long as you don't stop you keep your spot?
    I personally cannot stand the slide jobs used to force a car to put the brake on or get your car wrecked.

Funny part is when I read about the race today it said he bumped Strickler

Quote Originally Posted by $$UMPMOD$$ View Post
    Funny part is when I read about the race today it said he bumped Strickler
    one of them "racing deals"

After seeing all of the carnage after the race, I really question whether I would ever want to race there...just no respect at all...I pay the bills to fix my car, I guess if you have the pay check to race like that you will/can...most of us have a little more respect than that...
    Craig "Big Daddy" Ramich, 5+ Modified
    Fairfax, VA
    www.goteamgreenracing.com
    www.plusi.com

I was there Thursday, Friday, and came back Friday night. On the plus side I went to Atomic yesterday and saw some pretty good racing.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

I must have blinked or something cuz this aint what I thought I saw...
    Coming off turn four with 11 laps to go Hawkins car bumped Strickler’s machine which caused Strickler to spin out on the mainstretch and be done for the afternoon. Hawkins, from Fairmont, West Virginia, led the rest of the way to win, while Strickler, from Mooresville, North Carolina, voiced his displeasure with Hawkins on track and afterward.
    “We had our hands full,” said Hawkins. “The car was great. We ran Kyle (Stickler) down there from a long ways and everyone got stacked up there on the cushion. He went to turn down there and I was there. It’s one of those racing deals. It feels good to get the win here at Eldora.”

looked like the 8 slowed just a bit right before the hit and the 13 was back in the gas..w/ that said the 13 could see the traffic too, the 8 had nowhere to go and slowed just a bit like I said, the 13 didn't
    powerslave

Strickler spun Hawkins on Thursday night and went on to win. Strickler also run over Nicley for the lead on Sunday. After which Strickler was on the track in turn 1 tell 2 drivers to take Hawkins out. Ironically 1 of them drivers was the first to victory lane to congratulate Hawkins and the other when asked about the track incident said "no comment". Some may not know this but the general consensus among drivers is nobody can stand Strickler on or off the track for many reasons.

Hawkins flat ran Strickler over. Not sure about Strickler being a dirty driver but Hawkins proved he is a dirty driver with all the chicken$hit moves he made on Saturday. I used to be a fan of Jake Hawkins but after Saturday not anymore.

Just my opinion.....
    They both came up on lap cars pretty fast and that track looked slippery in the sunlight of the day and they just got together on the same piece of real estate. You cannot lose momentum on that type of track and win. Momentum was the name of the game. And $5000 at stake.

Good race to watch.