Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Observations of a new SLM fan

After 30 years of following sprint cars I am now officially a new fan of Dirt Late Models. Here are a few of my observations after reading 4M for the past 6 weeks:CHASSIS: LM fans love to talk about chassis. In the sprint car world fans could care less if a driver is driving a Maxim, J&J or Eagle chassis. Although what does get them fired up is the xXx chassis, because it is made in CHINA. In the LM world, fans care as much about a Longhorn, Capital, Black Diamond or Club 29 almost as much as the driver. I guess the old chassis manufacturers such as Shaw, Rayburn, GRT, Swartz, Mastersbilt, Warrior and maybe Barry Wright are no longer relevant on the National stage for whatever reasons which I am not familiar.ROCKET:A whole other topic. I guess when you have been the KING for so long it is easy to take pop shots. BOOMER vs SUPERMAN: LM fans seem to pick a side, there is NO middle ground.PIERCE and RICHARDS: There seems to be a disdain for both of these fine young drivers or is it because of their fathers' success?BERKY: Seems everyone loved him and feels he retired too soon.MARLAR,FERGUSON,McCOOL: Very good regional racers who fans would love to see in well funded rides on the national stage.LOLMS vs WoO: Although it seems the better series right now is Lucas, there is a definite place for the Outlaws. It lets 13 other drivers race full time for a living, something that is not easy with today's economy. If there was only one country wide series, there would not be enough purse money $$$ available to support 25 full time racers.PASSIONATE FANS: No matter what part of the country Dirt Late Model fans are from, they just love their sport. We might not all agree and have our own opinions on topics, but the passion for the sport is there.GOD I JUST LOVE READING 4M

Just for the record it's "Birky"

Welcome aboard bro. Pull yer pants up and tuck in yer shirt. It gets perty rough here sometimes.
    8/13/16

There can be no way you could come up with that much information about DLM in just 6 weeks. I would have to say you have been laying back in the weeds for several months or you have been on here before!!! For most people it takes 6 weeks to comprehend what 1 person is trying to post. LOL If your New WELCOME. But I have a hunch. Being you just joined in Sept.
    Last edited by plunks7; 10-05-2015 at 08:43 PM.

Believe it or not it took only one WoO DLM race at Delaware International back in August with a buddy and I was hooked. Stumbled onto 4M,then subscribed to Dirt Late Model magazine and Dirt on Dirt. It also helped that my wife grew up near Shinston, WV and I passed Rocket Chassis for years on the way to visiting my in laws without knowing what it was. Now don't get me wrong, I have not totally abandoned sprint car racing as I attended the William Grove Nationals last night. My goal for next season is to attend a crown jewel or two. Can't get enough. My wife thinks I am nuts!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Believe it or not it took only one WoO DLM race at Delaware International back in August with a buddy and I was hooked. Stumbled onto 4M,then subscribed to Dirt Late Model magazine and Dirt on Dirt. It also helped that my wife grew up near Shinston, WV and I passed Rocket Chassis for years on the way to visiting my in laws without knowing what it was. Now don't get me wrong, I have not totally abandoned sprint car racing as I attended the William Grove Nationals last night. My goal for next season is to attend a crown jewel or two. Can't get enough. My wife thinks I am nuts!!!!!
    It sure the H E L L beats sitting at home reading!!!! LOL You might not want to say to much about what you pass bye for years on here. Just a little heads-up on that deal. LOL

If you want to learn about DLM racing you are at the right place there are a few on here that think they know it all,just saying

Don't ask questions or voice your opinion or ........... They no everything.

welcome aboard, sometimes it can get hairy in here. Enjoy it for what it is worth

It was only a little more then a year ago that officially joined 4m. I spent the first month getting barely intelligible PMs from someone cussing me out after every post because he was certain I was someone that got banned from here that I had never heard of. Point being...these guys that are warning you about how rough it gets here ain't kiddin'.

That said, it sounds like you've already learned how to sift through/ignore the BS and if you can do that there is a lot of valuable info and good insight from people that really know the sport...especially to someone new to the sport as I am.

I will offer up one pointer though...if one of your favorite drivers decks a guy in the pits after a race...let it go. He already took care of business. LOL

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by racingfool32 View Post
    no its BEERKY LIGHT...

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeX3 View Post
    I will offer up one pointer though...if one of your favorite drivers decks a guy in the pits after a race...let it go. He already took care of business. LOL

Welcome!
    LOL Good one Snake
    8/13/16

Jackie Boggs. Team 4B Motorsports/Central Star Drilling. Grayson Strong. Represent.

Quote Originally Posted by racingfool32 View Post
    No it's Burky!!!

Welcome to the 4m family, bro! You are allowed to post any opinion you want, as long it isn't negative, aimed at a particular chassis company in West bygod Virginia. You'll probly get your feelins hurt a few times but most of the time its just guys throwin jabs at your driver or chassis builder.

Just remember one of Smokeys wisest sayings: "if you're in racing or on 4M. you got to have skin thicker than a alligator"!
    Lions don't worry when sheep try to copy their username.

Thanks for the advice........ I think I am prepared. I do have one advantage as a NEWBEE....... I have not been to enough races yet to pick a favorite driver ha ha

Thanks for the advice........ I think I am prepared. I do have one advantage as a NEWBEE....... I have not been to enough races yet to pick a favorite driver ha ha
    Choose wisely, could make all the difference in the world on here.

Quote Originally Posted by drano View Post
    Choose wisely, could make all the difference in the world on here.

That's the truth right there lol... Pick the wrong driver and dang the crowd gets rough......
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Welcome aboard sir. Glad you made the transition to the Dirt Late Model world. Some of your observations about drivers and chassis is spot on. Do yourself right and hit some of the biggies that Dirt Late Models. DLM's are the most addicting race cars on dirt I have ever been around. If you ever venture down to the South, send me a PM and I will take care of you with passes and a tower seat here at Talladega Short Track in Alabama.

Late Model Mark
    Talladega Short Track Announcer

Mark..... Thank you for the offer, much appreciated.