Default Blue Front Rocket Setups

Been using a black front end and now got a '15 blue front, what is everyone doing with their's? Not posting looking for a magic setup just interested in different setups to try/look into once next spring comes around to test. For on open motor late model, mostly 3/8ish, stop n go type tracks. Driver is usually on the bottom, smooth, not a hammer down, wide open type. Thanks in advance

I'm watching this thread. Will have blue front end (wide) rocket out next season for the first time.

Really so many variables, most anyone can give you a decent baseline, I've been helping a few cars with 604s, same setup in both and for one it is tight same setup for another is loose.

I understand that there are a lot of variables invovled just looking for what the major differences baseline wise between the black and blue front ends. Like our black car is widened in the front, many guys doing that to blue fronts?

Quote Originally Posted by muddychevy98 View Post
    I understand that there are a lot of variables invovled just looking for what the major differences baseline wise between the black and blue front ends. Like our black car is widened in the front, many guys doing that to blue fronts?
    I believe the widening trend started with the blue front. Black front has been out of the development cycle for years now.

In general, a blue front needs more spring in the front.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

The rocket base stuff is still a good starting point in my opinion. From there you can go multiple directions to tailor the car to your needs. The other piece of advice I can offer is to not get caught up in all of the crutched up gimmick stuff. Learn what your driver and the car likes and learn how to fine tune that before you introduce other compounded variables into the 'problem'.

^^^^^^ Exactly I mean my base is a little different from Rockets, but not much. A lot depends on what engine combo you have. Their baseline is for the big show Super Motor end of the night when the money is on the line, that's what they run. The Black Front end is the same from 1998 basically. They raised the RF rail in 04. That's basically it from a design standpoint. The blues drive straighter. No gimmicks just know you adjustments for the package you have. If you give that info maybe some of these guys can tailor suggestions to that but other then that kinda a shot in the dark

I switched back to narrow settings on my grey front, suited my driving style better.

Quote Originally Posted by phenom08 View Post
    I switched back to narrow settings on my grey front, suited my driving style better.
    More info please ? What style ?

I drive alot straiter than most guys. With the wide front the car seemed to lay over on the rr on entry and stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by phenom08 View Post
    I drive alot straiter than most guys. With the wide front the car seemed to lay over on the rr on entry and stay there.
    Thanks !

As for the raised rails on these new cars is there any truth to some manufacturers raising the entire rail and not just starting the kick up further behind the motor plate. Most I've come across rails are parallel to each other and then rf rail is kicked up behind the motor plate. Any comments? Thanks