Default lasalle ??????????

any news as to whats gonna happen at lasalle... would hate to get a car ready for next year and the gates be locked,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, thanks

Yesterday Lucus Oil released their dates including LaSalle Speedway May 21. Dates for Thaw Brawl were also out a while ago.

They announced the last night of racing that they would only run 6 specials in 2016 no regular weekly racing. That really sucks because that is one awesome track, just needs someone to prep the track and run the place without all the drama. I know they have tried but they are racers not promoters. RIP LaSALLE SPEEDWAY

Think it makes sense for lasalle to run specials... Hard to compete against FC and FALS for weekly cars. I know I'd rather have them run specials then close down shop all together. Only thing I would say is if they are going to do that they should run some more sprint car races... WoO NSL IRA

There was talk early summer that the Oshkosh show was going to be a 2 day show. It had sounded like the Thaw Brawl was going to alternate between the 2 tracks every other year and be a 2 day show.

I think finding reliable help has been a large obstacle for them. I figure support the track as best as possible, be it for 6 specials or for weekly racing. I was concerned for the guys in Street Stocks and Hornets more so than Late Models and Modifieds...we can race just about anywhere, but the entry level cars can't. @66vingraph, what class do you run?

i think it would be pretty easy to put lasalle back on top but you would have to have the support of the drivers along with the owners,,,,,,, all the fighting and wrecking, you just cant afford to keep racing when it costs you hundreds to put your stuff back together, they have a thing called demo derbys for that,,, the fighting is just another turn off and on it goes,, the track and what they have done to it is great,,,, you wonder if a few somewhat big shows will pay the taxes etc until either a buyer comes along or they finally take the latest offer and run...

Quote Originally Posted by dirt4racn View Post
    There was talk early summer that the Oshkosh show was going to be a 2 day show. It had sounded like the Thaw Brawl was going to alternate between the 2 tracks every other year and be a 2 day show.
    This is the first I've heard about the Thaw Brawl alternating between the two tracks but I did hear he was supposed to bring the hell tour to Oshkosh next year.

Quote Originally Posted by rayburnracer18 View Post
    This is the first I've heard about the Thaw Brawl alternating between the two tracks but I did hear he was supposed to bring the hell tour to Oshkosh next year.
    Probably wilmot show going to Oshkosh. I think it makes sense and Wilmot just don't put the ahow on over there that oshkosh can

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    I think finding reliable help has been a large obstacle for them.
    That's there fault, I myself sent a message inquiring about helping them last season. It took 3-4 weeks for them to even respond then another couple weeks for them to answer the question I had