Default WOO driver question

This may be a stupid question, but does it seem like the drivers in the woo avoid Lucas Oil events and the tracks associated with Lucas?? Being in the southeast, I would have expected Clanton to be at East Alabama a couple weeks ago. Then Lucas post the 2016 schedule and EAMS is on it. Then look at Clanton's schedule and don't see the nationals on it. Then you have the DTWC and not many WOO guys are racing for the 100K???? What gives? Is it loyalty from the drivers or are they being asked (told) not to race at Lucas tracks??? Anyone have any answers? Thanks in advance!!!

I find the answer to this question to be false.

I know what you mean. It does seem that way. Has for years.

I do believe you'll see most WoO guys at PRP. Some just don't have it on there schedule yet.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by pap View Post
    This may be a stupid question, but does it seem like the drivers in the woo avoid Lucas Oil events and the tracks associated with Lucas?? Being in the southeast, I would have expected Clanton to be at East Alabama a couple weeks ago. Then Lucas post the 2016 schedule and EAMS is on it. Then look at Clanton's schedule and don't see the nationals on it. Then you have the DTWC and not many WOO guys are racing for the 100K???? What gives? Is it loyalty from the drivers or are they being asked (told) not to race at Lucas tracks??? Anyone have any answers? Thanks in advance!!!
    It has more to do with how the schedule works out and whether they like the track. I know Lanigan has referenced before he doesn't like Portsmouth. And there's nothing wrong with that.

A lot of them caught flack for not going to the N/S after being away from the shop for 5-6 weeks. Josh Richards referenced that would probably never go to the N/S because that's the week he takes a vacation with his wife. Nothing wrong with that either.

Fans forget that these drivers have lives outside of racing and it's a full time job and then some. Until the fans wrap there minds around that, these posts will conitune to pop up.

Fwiw..... 6 WoO regulars were at Knoxville. And I didn't see one post pointing that out.

I think it has alot to do with the difference in scheduling between the two series also. For the majority of the season Lucas Oil schedules mainly on the weekends and the Lucas drivers have the rest of most weeks to regroup. WOO has alot of swings where the WOO drivers are on the road for several days in a row.

Story was he was banging Charlie's wife reason for divorce and losing b auto parts sponsor.it was no secret he was snorting about the time he was entertaining gansmans wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I know what you mean. It does seem that way. Has for years.

I do believe you'll see most WoO guys at PRP. Some just don't have it on there schedule yet.
    I would say the only WoO guys that will be at PRP will be Richards, McCreadie, Eckert, and maybe Clanton?

The 24 hours of EAMS keeps a lot more drivers away than just the WoO drivers.

As per the WoO drivers not running Lucas events... that goes both ways. You don't really see a lot of Lucas drivers running WoO stuff either. It comes down to the time off from the road when they get a chance. National touring late model stuff is a grind, and getting away from it is something most drivers are going to jump on when given a chance. Not everything in life is about racing.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Thanks for the answers guys.. I guess time off for the teams and spending time with family means more to them than taking a chance to make to make the field in "some" big dollar events. And Josh Bayko, that is a VERY valid point on the 24hrs @ EAMS!!!!!

More like 72 hrs....

It's too bad both series can't team up for the Crown Jewels and have them be a mini series or a series all by themselves. Probably would never happen but from a fans standpoint seeing all the big names at all the big shows would be pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by WRC11 View Post
    It's too bad both series can't team up for the Crown Jewels and have them be a mini series or a series all by themselves. Probably would never happen but from a fans standpoint seeing all the big names at all the big shows would be pretty awesome.
    The big money races aren't really scheduled on top of each other as some think. It just seems for whatever reason the drivers choose not to show, which I have no problem with. They foot the bill for themselves most of the time, and have lives outside of racing.

IF they could coexist and make and extra bonus for a driver who wins or has the most consistent finishes in the 8 or 10 big money races a year that are out there, that would be a good idea. You couldn't count the Eldora races, they aren't point paying for either series.

I went to the N/S this year and if I'm not mistaken, T-Mac was the only WoO guy there. But, I didn't miss any of the ones that were not there, had fun and hope to go back.

As much as the 2 major series schedules overlap hurts on a lot of races. Crown Jewel races may be a different story but some still overlap. I don't think Lucas or WoO tells the guys they can't run the other series races. If that was so then the few guys that do would be in trouble.
    There are many reasons why they don't "ALL" show at a Crown Jewel event from vacations to I just don't want to go. What some of you have to remember is these guys do this to make money. Racing costs money. If you have 25 of the Lucas and WoO guys at a Crown Jewel race, how many actually make money? You only have 1 winner. Think about it. Pit passes for 4 or 5 guys for a 3 day show, food and drinks, fuel for the rig, entry fees, tires, and race fuel. Add it up. You are well over $2700 just on this alone. Yes, granted, we all want to win but lets be realistic. Only a few of the guys will finish well enough to break even or make a little. I know the Crown Jewel races are about the prestige but just say you go to 6 of these races. You miss a show, get caught up in a wreck at 3 others and run in the back at the other 2. How much money did you make?
    In a perfect world we would "ALL" go the every Crown Jewel race just to race and have fun. Sorry to say it just aint happening. No, it's not all about money, but it does carry some weight. Throw in some time at the shop that these guys need to make repairs from being on the road for a month at a time, vacation time, a few days of testing, or maybe it's "(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) a race car, I need a break" weekend. And now you have teams that won't all come to a Crown Jewel event. It is what it is. I hate that it doesn't happen either. But we do what we can to put on a show and still have the money to put on a show the week after a Crown Jewel race too.

I would be surprised if Eckert shows?

The State race at Eams is 2 separate $4k to win shows. The National is $25k. I believe Clanton stayed up North a few weeks ago. The WoO guys do log some miles. Luckily each series' drivers do cross over. As another thread said, waiting on the Lucas Oil Outlaw Tour!

Quote Originally Posted by stewart fan View Post
    Story was he was banging Charlie's wife reason for divorce and losing b auto parts sponsor.it was no secret he was snorting about the time he was entertaining gansmans wife.
    I'm thinking you are jealouse that somebody got to smelling them panties before you...You a sick little (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)er ain't you! This is the second post you done posted this bull(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). Let the things that happened play out bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Tidrow View Post
    I'm thinking you are jealouse that somebody got to smelling them panties before you...You a sick little (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)er ain't you! This is the second post you done posted this bull(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). Let the things that happened play out bitch.
    DT sounds like what you got in your hand is getn you all fired up at 2am posting your irate feelings. Sounds like you got your mini mouse panties in a wad!