Thread: re; DTWC

Lightbulb re; DTWC

Is it just me or are the drivers losing interest with this crown jewel ?

make it 50 to win, 5000 to start...not as sexy as 100 to win but that's what needs to happen in this day and time.
    powerslave

Quote Originally Posted by dirtracr33 View Post
    make it 50 to win, 5000 to start...not as sexy as 100 to win but that's what needs to happen in this day and time.
    I agree. That extra 50k should have been throughout the field.

Agree. Seems promoters can't figure out that money thru the field would help car count

I have to agree, the extra money should have been spread out, but I don't think it would increase the quality of racing from car count. Face it, at any Crown Jewel, we only see 24 to 30 cars in the A main. Most of these Crown Jewels are darn hard to make the show. It's a good thing there is a non qualifiers race at the DTWC, so they get some fuel money. Car count doesn't mean a good race, it just means there are a lot of cars going home with very little money and in a lot of cases, it insures a worn out track due to lap count.

i think it kinda lost its crown jewel luster after being moved from pennsboro...that created the atmosphere...the payout through the field would be good...kinda like the old sho-me payout...$4000 to start...but also if the race was held at the same track it would eventually build back to a crown jewel...just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by rezfan View Post

No doubt about it. Only 95 late models in 2013 and 89 late models last year. The 2nd most of any dirt late model race in the country. And that even includes TERRIBLE WEATHER both years. That and an absolute packed house both years and did I mention TERRIBLE WEATHER both years.

Oh and by the way, there were 94 or 95 mods there both years.

But I guess you can understand because there is no way the Portsmouth's racing can compare with the great racing at Pennsboro. The facilities at Portsmouth don't just don't stack up very well compared to Pennsboro either but then, what would?

I have talked to Carl and I can tell you he has a great love for Pennsboro. I can also tell you as long as some of the people that are involved out there have anything to do with it Carl will never bring anything back to Pennsboro. I feel sure they won't be buying his property they have been trying to buy that they need either.

Quote Originally Posted by pierceFAN View Post
    i think it kinda lost its crown jewel luster after being moved from pennsboro...that created the atmosphere...the payout through the field would be good...kinda like the old sho-me payout...$4000 to start...but also if the race was held at the same track it would eventually build back to a crown jewel...just my opinion.

Yeah, let's talk about the Show Me. I was there several years and I can tell you the Gibson's lost money every year. That is why they got out when they did. They were tired of losing money. And why do you think the guy that bought it didn't continue paying the same purse the Gibson's were paying even though if anybody could afford to it would be him. He knew it would be a money loser and he is a businessman that doesn't like losing money.

I told all of you 4M experts last year that you need to get you a race track and just structure the purse however you want. I'm sure with all the knowledge you have you'll be making millions in no time. LMAO

Car counts above 80+ Late Models and 90+ modifieds last two years ,doesn't sound like drivers are losing interest to me ???
    If your getting passed,YOUR AS SLOW AS ME !!!!

It's not a show unless there's 200 lates

It's just you.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    It's just you.
    Im going no matter what the car count is but if they get more then 60 cars this year ill be pleasantly surprised !!!!! But in years past there was 100 cars confirmed by now !

Im going no matter what the car count is but if they get more then 60 cars this year ill be pleasantly surprised !!!!! But in years past there was 100 cars confirmed by now !
    Nobody is "confirmed" until they show up the track. These drivers lists are nonsense. More cars doesn't make the racing any better.

Doesn't matter how many show up the same 25 will make the show.

Quote Originally Posted by 71PRPFan View Post
    Doesn't matter how many show up the same 25 will make the show.
    71PRPfan has got this right.. no matter how many the same cars will make the show on any big race. There will be more than 60 lates this year guarantee that. I would say the racing will be good as well. Hopefully no horrible weather like the previous years. I think they should make the pay out higher through out the field but still the same cars will make the show it wont change anything. The non qualifier race is always good. They need to pay more money for the mod race... Mods are super expensive now a days to only be racing for a big race of 3 or 4 thousand.. They always put on a good show. I know as far as camping reservations this year they are booked already this will be a big crowd this year.

This a lot about very little IMO. Only show in town in mid October. However during season big shows, it is important that there is money to be made by cars through the field and non qualifier races. That is certainly important for car counts. Once you get 60 plus cars, you have accomplished what is your standard six heats and three b mains. no big deal whether it is over 60,70,80,90+

Most overrated thing in late model racing: car counts

Portsmouth is the best place the DTWC has ever been at!!!

But but its not Pennsboro! And they don't sell beer! Blasphemer!

I raced at Pennsboro in the 80's and that is the most miserable race track I ever ran at. I out qualified half the cars there and got to start about 16th in the heat. With no second line on the race track I ran half throttle for 5 laps and passed two cars. Then knowing that wasn't going to get it, moved to the outside and ran my azz off. to loose 3 spots in one lap, Great Racing, Bah. Also in the drivers meeting that year they asked about dropping first place money to put more of it to the rest of the field and everyone said "NO". Just sayin"