Default ct525 reliability

How is the reliability of these? How many nights are they good for if properly maintained? All info appreciated.

I know of two right now with nearly 200 shows on them over three years.

Thanks for the reply Lizardracing. Anyone else have an opinion or horror story?

ive been running mine in supers all season, a lifter went bad after the 5th race and I blew a head gasket at another race. Other than that, we've been pretty pleased with it

Bought one several years ago. Blew it up on first lap i put on it. Chevrolet wouldnt make it up. Said my fault. Everything doubled check before firing it up. Bought one more than sold it a year later.

Quote Originally Posted by blue93trd View Post
    ive been running mine in supers all season, a lifter went bad after the 5th race and I blew a head gasket at another race. Other than that, we've been pretty pleased with it
    how much did those repairs cost?

Yeah gasket was $38 from city Chevrolet and the stock replacement lifters weren't that much. My rev limiter is set at 7200 in the program. Head gasket was from racing the Tuesday before at a shrine race and the radiator was clogged up bad but looked clean. You can pop those plastic seals off without breaking them. But the 525 is easy to check if protested, BC all they have to do is check the reunion in the rocker arm and pull a push rod and it will tell the tech man everything they need to know. The 525 doesn't have valve reliefs in the pistons so all that aftermarket crap doesn't work without changing a lot interally

The bad lifter was BC we tried playing with the rocker arms and ruined a lifter. That's how I found out about everything else