Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Duck River here we come

Cant wait to see how the locals will fair with some of the other big names coming....I think Josh Putnam will put on a clinic in this race....Duck River is standing room only alot at even a $3000 to win race and i can imagine what this race will bring...

Yes the duck's deep fried race Is always a great race. What stinks is it and the dirt track is the same weekend this year!! Both tracks will have good racing but, Portsmouth is only a hr. away.

If I lived anywhere near Portsmouth that's where I would be also, but I am closer to The Duck- I'll get to watch some not so big names, but some of the best rail riders in the country.

Yeah I really enjoyed coming there and hanging out with Mccool. Hopefully next year they don't race on the same days..

Quote Originally Posted by castone View Post
    If I lived anywhere near Portsmouth that's where I would be also, but I am closer to The Duck- I'll get to watch some not so big names, but some of the best rail riders in the country.
    FWIW the racing surface, track layout, and racing action are consistently better at the Duck than at PRP. Although I'll likely get flamed for it, the surface at Duck River is, for its size, the closest thing to Macon or FALS in the mid South. Racing from top to bottom, consistently. The Duck is always worth the trip.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

You hit it right about Duck Rivers surface...its fast..smooth and racey...and now Bob has put all new dirt down in the last 2 weeks it would be no problem to march to the front from midpack...its not only the track..its a fantastic facility...

Now let's just hope the feature starts before midnight.

I think from some of the feedback from the last one Bob and David may get the time a little better this time...

Forget it! Yes, there's usually great racing. But these guys never get in any hurry. They always start late, spend too much time hot lapping, qualifying, and circling the track before dropping the green. If they would start on time and speed things up it would be terrific.

Any practice info

Very good practice good race track probably 27 Supers there, and 85 car overall some supers timing in mid to low 12's

The Pitts is full of drivers at Duck River

Any car counts ?

34 Supers....Mcdowel,David Seibers,Skylar Marlar,David Gentry,Ogle j....all was fast in hotlaps

Group A top 4.....Hill,Boles,Taner English,Heckenise jr

Group B Top 4........S.Marlar,Putnam,McDowell,Brad Skinner.........V.Hill fastest qualifier.12.9

Heat 1 finish top 4....V.Hill,tan english,#4,Chilton.....Moyer jr ran 6th
    Last edited by #56Gentryfan; 10-16-2015 at 11:20 PM.

Heat 2 finish..Heckenist jr,Boles,Hickman,Terry English after controversal
    Last edited by #56Gentryfan; 10-16-2015 at 11:30 PM.

Heat 3 finish....S Marlar,B Ogle,McDowell,Ames......Ogle jr had closed in on Marlar

Heat 4 finish...Putnam,Hollingsworth,W Wallace,B Skinner