Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

I cant attest for other tracks as far as watering it down on a sealed track. Of course there was no rubber on the top no one was up there. Still with just water only the way the track was it would have made an effect for a a handful of laps at best. If you seen them watering pre race when they kept watering it would dust over very quickly without no cars.

Yes, the last half of the race was a HO HUMER. Bad track prep or just too many laps? I hear people wanting more car count and in the next breath, they want less laps on the track. They want more water on the track, but not so much it ruts and breaks cars. There are tracks that have figured this out and will prosper and the rest will get smart or wither on the vine. There is nothing like a train race, to turn off fans and there is nothing like a rutted car breaker to turn off racers.

The racers have stepped up their game. The fans step up to the ticket window with more cash. It's time the tracks do the stepping up.

Considering how much racing they did over the weekend they really only fell about 50 laps short of having done a good job. Granted, those were the 50 most important laps, but it wasn't like the racing was crap the entire weekend. I wasn't at the race, but if I had been I don't think I would have been ticked off.

Like zyoung25 said, Short knew the 100k purse wouldn't bring more cars. He made the purse top heavy to put more fannies in the seats. From everything I heard, he achieved his goal. Do I think it's ridiculous that the non-qualifier paid more then a 9th place finish in the big show? Yep. You gotta figure Bobby Pierce and Jackie Boggs couldn't be too happy about earning less than the guy they beat in the B-Main, but it is what it is.

Does anyone know if the heat races paid anything?

Racing was pretty good through out the weekend. Yea it locked down about half way through feature. It happens. Liked the passing points, great racing Friday in heats. Carl said he wanted more fans attending with increase in purse. He got what he wanted. PRP was packed. Camping was twice what it was in previous years. Tired hearing about purse. No one complains about Dream. Regional drivers and WOO drivers were in attendance. Both of which made the show. NO complaints from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    Yes, the last half of the race was a HO HUMER. Bad track prep or just too many laps? I hear people wanting more car count and in the next breath, they want less laps on the track. They want more water on the track, but not so much it ruts and breaks cars. There are tracks that have figured this out and will prosper and the rest will get smart or wither on the vine. There is nothing like a train race, to turn off fans and there is nothing like a rutted car breaker to turn off racers.The racers have stepped up their game. The fans step up to the ticket window with more cash. It's time the tracks do the stepping up.
    The racers I talked to after the race all said a rough track would have been better than that. I bet if you could ask all the racers in that A they would all agree that a little track prep would have been better. A little choppy or tacky bottom with a cushion would have been ideal.. As much equipment the Colemans have it looks like they could get a tiller and take 30-40 mins and till the top and bottom so they could have a race. When you are hosting an event of this size you should have the equipment it takes to insure the fans and the racers get their Monies worth. As far as the first 50 laps they were just a little better than ho hum. The heat races were the only show at portsmouth, the A and the 3 B's were not much racing.

Bloomer has made a lot of races seem ho hum. Disappointed the top wasn't there myself but it wasn't going to matter.
    I suggest the track was TOO GOOD. Put some slicky stuff on that thing.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?