Thumbs up National Dirt Late Model Hall Of Fame Class of 2016 - 5 drivers & 3 contributors

National Dirt Late Model Hall Of Fame Class of 2016
    5 drivers & 3 contributors

Per Dirt On Dirt
    -
    DRIVERS
    Tom Hearst - Muscatine, Iowa
    Tony Izzo Sr. - Chicago, Illinois
    Fulmer Lance - Washington, Georgia
    Tiny Lund - Harlan, Iowa
    Leon Plank - Mondovi, Wisconsin

CONTRIBUTORS
    Steve Norris - Batesville, Arkansas
    Ed Petroff - Caseyville, Illinois
    Lee Roy Rumley - Greensboro, North Carolina
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

As far as the drivers go,I have no issue,but as far as the "CONTRIBUTORS," (EXCEPT FOR ONE)you people must be joking.
    you just got greased
    http://www.goddardwarrior.net

Which 2 do you not agree with?

Petroff,is the only one that's derserving for this award.
    you just got greased

Hmmm. Really now?

Please explain. Would like to hear why you have that opinion.

Also Forrest Lucas will receive a Lifetime Achievement Award from the NDLMHoF

Didn't see Tiny Lund or Fulmer Lance race dirt, but i can attest that Hearst, Plank, Izzo Sr are deserving additions to the Hall.
    Nice to see the hall acknowledge the accomplishments of so many great Illinois and Iowa drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    Hmmm. Really now?

Please explain. Would like to hear why you have that opinion.
    No explanation needed,there are many,many more contributors to the sport that are more deserving,then the two that I disagree with.
    you just got greased

Quote Originally Posted by lazermod3 View Post
    No explanation needed,there are many,many more contributors to the sport that are more deserving,then the two that I disagree with.
    Actually please do explain. You say there are many more. Certainly you can give us just a couple.

Everybody gets recognition in due time.

So a crew chief who has been with the same driver for 33 years and in that time won 6 World 100s, 6 UMP Summer Nationals Titles, 2 World of Outlaw Championships, A HAT Championship, 2 Dreams, 2 DTWCs and every other major event isn't deserved of being in the Hall of Fame?

Or a guy who has been a car owner and engine builder for OVER 50 years with some of the best drivers on the East coast and who has wins in STARS, HAT, WoO, Lucas, UMP, SAS, MLRA, ULTIMATE, Carolina Clash, MACs, Southern Nationals and AMS among others. He also now has a World 100 and a Dream trophy along with a Lucas Championship?

Brian I know you like being all anti-establishment and "the rebel badass" but you cannot back up what you are saying here with facts. The above are facts and I don't know many other contributors on the ballot with more of a resume than either of those 2. And if so PLEASE give us that name and resume.
    Last edited by flagone; 10-21-2015 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lazermod3 View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong.

well said and I agree with this statement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    So a crew chief who has been with the same driver for 33 years and in that time won 6 World 100s, 6 UMP Summer Nationals Titles, 2 World of Outlaw Championships, A HAT Championship, 2 Dreams, 2 DTWCs and every other major event isn't deserved of being in the Hall of Fame?

Or a guy who has been a car owner and engine builder for OVER 50 years with some of the best drivers on the East coast and who has wins in STARS, HAT, WoO, Lucas, UMP, SAS, MLRA, ULTIMATE, Carolina Clash, MACs, Southern Nationals and AMS among others. He also now has a World 100 and a Dream trophy along with a Lucas Championship?

Brian I know you like being all anti-establishment and "the rebel badass" but you cannot back up what you are saying here with facts. The above are facts and I don't know many other contributors on the ballot with more of a resume than either of those 2. And if so PLEASE give us that name and resume.

This is very nice to see Leon Plank get in. He was a very good racer from my area. Now they need to get in Rick Egersdorf from my area next.

By my 4m name of course I am partial. Just let me say even with the success Lee Roy Rumley accomplished in 2015, he deserved to be inducted into the hall of fame before this year. I requested his induction for many years which fell on deaf ears. I applaud the committee for their selections for 2016.

All are well deserved...

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBandit12 View Post
    This is very nice to see Leon Plank get in. He was a very good racer from my area. Now they need to get in Rick Egersdorf from my area next.
    10-4, good buddy.

If your in the Charleston SC area, Old Santee Canal Park in Moncks Corner has a ton of Tiny Lund memorabilia in the museum. Lund's shop was in Cross, SC just outside of Moncks Corner. Summerville Speedway used to hold the Tiny Lund Memorial, a mid week race in August. Lund beat Buck Baker in a 250 lapper at Summerville. The Tiny Lund Memorial always had the top drivers, Fulmer Lance raced at Summerville.

Is bloomer already inducted in this hof?

6 or 7 times/smile