Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

to say the bowyer team has no had success is just stupid, didnt they win a lucas oil championship last year????!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pickersparadise View Post
    to say the bowyer team has no had success is just stupid, didnt they win a lucas oil championship last year????!!!!
    Francis finished runner-up in points in the 2013 season.

Quote Originally Posted by pink floyd View Post
    he will still be driving recklessly at a track near you
    Hahahaha.......good one pink.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by dlm25jr View Post
    Basically, you got both house cars on the Lucas series, now.....Pearson/Lanigan

Wonder how that will affect sales on the Woo circuit?
    Who??????????
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

d@mn BBQ, that's a pretty harsh change in location , who down here pissed in your Wheaties?

I can't imagine how tough it must have been to fire Steve Francis. He seems like such a nice guy and his credentials speak for themselves. Of course, on the other hand, Bowyer did switch to Toyota when he accepted a job with Michael Waltrip. As much as I like Clint and cheer him on, the stink of his years with Mikey will never come off of him.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    Well I stand corrected. I thought landers had always run the 777 and Davenport was still 49 when he went to Bowyer.

If Bowyer doesn't let them keep their numbers it will be strange seeing Lanigan tooling around in something not numbered 29.
    Landers was 777 when he drove for TDR, then switched to 5 when he went to CBR.

Not sure why Bowyer insists his drivers run specific numbers when the drivers already have theirs. He should know it isn't NASCAR for as involved as he's been in it.

I think the numbers affect the fans more than the drivers when changes happen. Sure they may have a number that is special to them, but they aren't going to turn down a ride because of it. I would think that number changes would be good for t-shirt/merch sales as well.

After thinking about the whole deal the last few days. I think it is stupid that Bowyer picked up Lanigan and his cars. They had a good product with Barry Wright I thought, they won the Lucas Oil championship last year and some big races. This year was an off year but they were competitive. If he was smart he would have went with Chris Ferguson. That guy can wheel a race car with the amount funds he has.

Now this just means Barry Wright is going to start a new team I bet. I think because that is what they do and with club 29 on aboard those Wright's will be gone.

Lets face it, in these days and time Bloomquist and Davenport are the men to beat and will be for a awhile. Everyone else is basically racing for 3rd place. Those guys got their stuff figured out.

to say the bowyer team has no had success is just stupid, didn't they win a Lucas oil championship last year????!!!!
    Oh how some forget
    O'Neal got off to a slow start this year but found his rhythm toward the end of the year.
    I can see both of these guys running up front next year.
    Ya have one guy who is very aggresive and has never seen the opportunity to throw a slide job (some successfully, some not so) go to waste.
    Then ya have another guy that typically gets pretty bent when someone brushes his rear 1/4 sheet metal.
    It could get entertaining next year.

In O'Neals defense I will say He and Steve pretty much raced without incident while teammates as far as I saw.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    I would think that number changes would be good for t-shirt/merch sales as well.
    Yep. If I was a driver, I'd change my number or my paint scheme every year so people would buy new merchandise every year.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I think the 15 & 5 have to be used per sponsor deal.Ik when a previous dr wanted to use his own number clint said no that georgia boot wanted 15 on car.

I heard the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    I think the 15 & 5 have to be used per sponsor deal.Ik when a previous dr wanted to use his own number clint said no that georgia boot wanted 15 on car.

The 15 was Clints cup number. The cars were never 15 before he was 15 on the cup side. He changed the other number to 5 to provide a more uniform and professional look.

The "they have to be used because of sponsorship" is bogus. They didn't tell Clint to change the numbers. He did it on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Yep. If I was a driver, I'd change my number or my paint scheme every year so people would buy new merchandise every year.
    How about several times a year... Bloomer has that figured out as well. Green, blue, pink, purple. Still waiting for that throw back 18 to roll into a track unannounced.

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    The 15 was Clints cup number. The cars were never 15 before he was 15 on the cup side. He changed the other number to 5 to provide a more uniform and professional look. The "they have to be used because of sponsorship" is bogus. They didn't tell Clint to change the numbers. He did it on his own.
    I bet they come out as 71 and 29 next year. I would get away from all things associated with that 15 cup car.

29 and 71 add up to 100!

(Yes I know, this was useless.....)

I went back and read the whole thing from beginning to end. Who said the Bowyer team has had no success?

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    I bet they come out as 71 and 29 next year. I would get away from all things associated with that 15 cup car.
    Considering he probably won't be 15 in cup next year anyway.

The Georgia boot car will more than likely be whatever number Clint is associated with in Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    The 15 was Clints cup number. The cars were never 15 before he was 15 on the cup side. He changed the other number to 5 to provide a more uniform and professional look.

The "they have to be used because of sponsorship" is bogus. They didn't tell Clint to change the numbers. He did it on his own.

Ok thanks for clearifing that part up.