Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I haven't been to Hagerstown in quite a few yrs. Is the reason for track surface not being racey because of not knowing how to prep and prepare the surface or just not investing in what it takes to get it prepared properly? Such as equipment and trying to add new clay in the off season? Or maybe both? I was just curious?

I'm pretty sure it is a combination of worn out clay and the lack of competent management of the facility !!!!

Like you Mud Duck it has been quite a few years since I attended a race at Hagerstown. I hope to break that string for the Lucas Oil race next April. Back in the day, the track was one of the best around, always racey. If I remember correctly the track prep man at the time, Randy, was highly sought after for his track prep knowledge at places like Charlotte and other special shows. I guess times have changed?
    Last edited by BTExpress; 10-27-2015 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Like you Mud Duck it has been quite a few years since I attended a race at Hagerstown. I hope to break that string for the Lucas Oil race next April. Back in the day, the track was one of the best around, always racey. If I remember correctly the track prep man at the time, Randy, was highly sought after for his track prep knowledge at places like Charlotte and other special shows. I guess times have changed?
    I'll show my age here, but like in a previous post Hagerstown was the place in 80's and early 90's. Absolutely loved going there for racing. Weather permitting always started early in the Spring on Sundays. I believe they still do that. The regulars at the time were guys like Stuhler, Hare, Bonebrake, Franklin (I'm sure, I'm forgetting a few of the regulars) R. Combs and D. Chamberlain would occasionally run the early races in the spring on Sunday afternoons. Always, thought Bobby Allens number 55 was the best looking car!! Those were good days! I do remember one of the guys that basically run the show in the pits, lineups etc?? Big guy that no one wanted to mess with, I believe he was a prison guard or corrections officer at the time???. Could that have been Randy??

yeah that was the same randy, randy grove.

Plessinger is still in charge of track prep and won't put new clay down. Ernie isn't going to pony up $$$ for clay when he doesn't own the place. If Plessinger would just sell the place to Ernie you would see things change.

todays racer prefers a hard slick non racy surface to save equipment and the lead. everyone likes a winner, no one likes a worker.

Quote Originally Posted by manwplan View Post
    Plessinger is still in charge of track prep and won't put new clay down. Ernie isn't going to pony up $$$ for clay when he doesn't own the place. If Plessinger would just sell the place to Ernie you would see things change.
    then ernie needs to get out !!!!! itmakes nhim look even worse every race !!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtfan19 View Post
    i don't care what race track you go to anymore you cant start at the back and win. Not with the amount of good race cars. As for 99v jumped the restart " according to the a$$ on the 4wheeler " and after it was over hardy went to confront him and got dq. As for the ernie cars anderson had a good car but spun out on the first start and then got caught up in a mess
    and i am sure that the "track side video" of that jumped start will some how not show up on the weekly video just like it was edited out when the 72 was put back for jumping several weeks ago !!!!!! More promoter politics !!!!!!

Wonder if anyone will step up and make the needed changes to make hagerstown great again ? Maybe trump lol!lol!

Nothing but crickets here !!!!!!!!!

Hagerstown has been for sale for a few years now. they want to much money for it. a land development company tried to buy it a few years ago and said it was to much money. as for the gentleman that said he was showing his age, I can remember when they put calcium on the track before their 1oo lap or 150 lap races they had there. how many people remember the hub city races. 150 laps around Hagerstown and there was plenty of passing.

There was a lot of passing just 4 or 5 years ago and look at it now !!!!!!! It is probably a "greed" issue i'm sure !!

The track cannot be worth too much. As a race track, its value is low because the attendance is so poor these days. It doesn't appear that one would be buying a profitable business at the time of purchase.

As a piece of land for development, its worthless. It's in a flood zone.

My experience with Hagerstown has been mostly to see Sprint Car races. The last time I attended a race there was for a WoO race, probably 15 years ago, the place was packed. Standing room only! The track was racey and the grounds immaculate. Campers were squeezed in everywhere. I guess times have changed. Looking at photos from some races held this season, the grandstands looked nearly empty. Do they still get good crowds for the LOLMS race each April? I have it on my calendar for 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    My experience with Hagerstown has been mostly to see Sprint Car races. The last time I attended a race there was for a WoO race, probably 15 years ago, the place was packed. Standing room only! The track was racey and the grounds immaculate. Campers were squeezed in everywhere. I guess times have changed. Looking at photos from some races held this season, the grandstands looked nearly empty. Do they still get good crowds for the LOLMS race each April? I have it on my calendar for 2016.
    WOO sprints always have drawn the biggest crowds there. LOLMS will have a decent crowd, but no need to get there mega early to save a decent seating spot. The Lucas spring race has been rained out 2 of the last 3 years and not been rescheduled. That hasn't went over too well with some fans.

What a shame for a track owner and promoter to let the once "dirt capital" down so horribly ! All this combined with the bias decisions of the track promoter and staff will definitely affect this tracks future existance adversely that is a fact !!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by prodirtcar32 View Post
    dirtman or dirtman007 (if you trying to be like 007 you might want to skip the bright yellow rocket sweatshirt) you should be grateful for for the ernie d's cars being involved in that wreck. If it was not for that wreck the cars you root for whether it is the 72, 72c or 1k would not have been able to snif the top 10. Oh wait the 1k was at the beginning of the big wreck when it all started to happen. I am sure dirt capitol llc appreciated that you spent your hard earned money to come to a track you despise so much. Thank you for your support to the sport.
    heard a rumor down here in charlotte that your "speed week " may go to "speed x2 weekends" any truth ? And maybe if you bid on making rockets shirts they may give you a chance !!!!!!! I could probably pull a few strings for while i am here !!!!!!

Chirp chirp !!!!!!!!!!!! You got no news on your series as of now ?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtMAN007 View Post
    Chirp chirp !!!!!!!!!!!! You got no news on your series as of now ?
    It was two weekend his year. Are you really such a miserable pos you have to run everything down in the mid Atlantic area? Or let me guess the speed week series somehow disrespected your racing God Jason Covert? Is there any track or series you don't have all he answers for? Maybe you should step up and be a promoter!