Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Its not like I care one way or the other, but you cannot punish a driver when you have no evidence. What you think happened doesn't cut it. There is nothing that can be done or should be. No one knows what Harvick was thinking and certainly nothing can be proved. You guys that hate Nascar, why are you watching it???

NASCAR can do what they want, and have, and will again.

Case in point: Sears Point Raceway in Sonoma, California, June of 1991. Ricky Rudd supposedly spins the late Davey Allison intentionally on the last lap and takes the lead. Ricky Rudd expressed no intent either on the radio or otherwise. Ricky crosses the finish line first but the win was taken away from Rudd and given to Allison for NASCAR's PERCEPTION that Ricky Rudd had spun Allison deliberately. NASCAR had no actual proof in the Sears Point instance but doled out punishment regardless.

There are other incidents that have taken place during NASCAR races over the years that I won't take the time to sight since the Sears Point incident is sufficient to blow the "NASCAR can't punish without proof" theory totally out of the water.

And, just for the record, tony, I didn't watch it. I read about it here and the video was already posted on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    NASCAR can do what they want, and have, and will again.

Case in point: Sears Point Raceway in Sonoma, California, June of 1991. Ricky Rudd supposedly spins the late Davey Allison intentionally on the last lap and takes the lead. Ricky Rudd expressed no intent either on the radio or otherwise. Ricky crosses the finish line first but the win was taken away from Rudd and given to Allison for NASCAR's PERCEPTION that Ricky Rudd had spun Allison deliberately. NASCAR had no actual proof in the Sears Point instance but doled out punishment regardless.

There are other incidents that have taken place during NASCAR races over the years that I won't take the time to sight since the Sears Point incident is sufficient to blow the "NASCAR can't punish without proof" theory totally out of the water.

And, just for the record, tony, I didn't watch it. I read about it here and the video was already posted on YouTube.

My thoughts are if all you did was read about it here and just watch a YouTube video of a sport you despise then why even comment on it CIRF?
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    My thoughts are if all you did was read about it here and just watch a YouTube video of a sport you despise then why even comment on it CIRF?
    My thoughts are why would you comment on why I commented.

Seriously, this is a dirt late model section and we're interested in dirt late model racing so it's no coincidence that we would look at what's posted here. After reading about the circus we felt compelled to look at video to see what comprised the subject matter. Our interest was tweaked by the first few postings and we weighed in. Is that explanation sufficient for you or should I rationalize and and attempt to justify further?
    Last edited by CIRF; 10-26-2015 at 08:57 AM.

Nascar and the Chase are the only ones to blame. They created the problem and put him in that position. Now 4 teams' seasons were decided on what point the flagman threw the yellow. It's too easy to manipulate the outcome when it comes down to 1 or two positions. They've turned it all into a child's game of "Sorry" What I see coming is "well Junior got screwed so we are going to add a 9th driver to the next round" like they did with Gordon a couple of years ago. I'm a Gordon fan and that was the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. They just make up the rules as they go.

Rodney Childers said it best yesterday: "We didn't invent this $h!t"

All of you expecting NASCAR to do something with some consequences in it are in wonderland! There have been many, many races won since 1949 where folks have been caught cheating, won the particular race in question because of the cheating, but were allowed to "keep" the win. NASCAR is a pit bull with NO teeth....and big Mike Helton is their ideal poster boy.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    All of you expecting NASCAR to do something with some consequences in it are in wonderland! There have been many, many races won since 1949 where folks have been caught cheating, won the particular race in question because of the cheating, but were allowed to "keep" the win. NASCAR is a pit bull with NO teeth....and big Mike Helton is their ideal poster boy.
    Cheating to win a race and what Harvick did are somewhat different situations.

I also would elude back to the Ricky Rudd-Davey Allison incident at Sonoma for undeniable proof that NASCAR will act in certain situations.

Now, there have been guys (one in particular) who have gotten away with a lot more than most others back through the years but NASCAR's punishment record over the seasons isn't completely benign, just very, very selective.

Survivor NASCAR 42 men and one woman. Put on a small land mass and told kill if you want too Win.. Will they have made it in too a Soap O........Thats why true race fans are so mad its not just racing no more...
    Now I will make a little bet here ... I bet that there is 2 cars that get trashed in the next 2 races.. PAY back is on its way....Joey O joey you have at least 3 people that want to put you in the wall and I BET that they Do....And I cant wate too see it happen......

How many of you Nascar haters are going to tune in to Martinsville to see what happens? Nascar loves this, it brings more viewers.
    If it wasnt for the Bengals game, I might even watch it.
    Eldora 8
    Knoxville IA 3
    Lancaster county NC 1
    Cherokee NC 1
    Richmond KY 1
    Midway 1
    Lotsa streaming

It's official, NASCAR says Harvick did absolutely nothing wrong or intentional.

So there you have it. Just one more inconsistency in a long, long line of inconsistencies. However, it's not surprising at all.

Welderron, I neither hate NASCAR nor do I watch it. It's just fun to point out their inconsistencies and stupidity.

Didn't watch a single race this year or last year and won't waste any time watching wherever they race next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by welderron105 View Post
    How many of you Nascar haters are going to tune in to Martinsville to see what happens? Nascar loves this, it brings more viewers.
    If it wasnt for the Bengals game, I might even watch it.

I can't speak for the haters but as a casual fan, I would have been more inclined to tune in this weekend had NASCAR decided to return the 'Talladega 12' at Martinsville and admit they created a sequence of events that was unfortunate and certainly unfair to the masses of fans, the sponsors and the tireless crews.

Okay, when we watched NASCAR wait out Biffle, we knew this was a slimy thing to do but then NASCAR goes totally bonkers and twice creates "actions detrimental to stock car racing".

I have no debate within me concerning splitting hairs over when an attempt is an attempt or whether Harvick wrecked Bayne intentionally but when you violate common sense Rule #1 in any form of racing by throwing the yellow in front of the field as they're barreling towards the flagstand and then twice leave an ill-performing car out on the track, in position and have knowledge of this, you're guilty on both charges of manufacturing "actions detrimental to stock car racing.".

NASCAR got really lucky neither caused grave harm on or off the track.

As it stands now, NASCAR has given us the most boring option to tune in this weekend. I don't need to use watching football as an excuse to realize NASCAR gave its fans the lowest common denominator.
    RACE HARD RACE OFTEN

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    Wow someone had to create a user name 4m spy today just to send me a stupid pm. People still playing games
    Maybe you are under investigation?

i did not see any of it,and could care less about nascar but i was at a dirt track.but why would a driver put himself in harms way get injured and your done.

Quote Originally Posted by buster83 View Post
    i did not see any of it,and could care less about nascar but i was at a dirt track.but why would a driver put himself in harms way get injured and your done.
    They were dropping the green and going ab 50mph, couldn't get hurt in a cup car if you wanted to at that speed. Be interesting to see if any payback to happy or pelican happens this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Just wait till Martinsville. Logano will get his, compliments of Kenseth. And Harvick will get his as well. This chase format will turn into...don't pi$$ the other guy off format before it's over.
    Step 1 complete
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Step 1 complete
    WOW!!!!! I think I like Kenseth now.

LoLoLoLoL man it hurts Laffing that hard

Quote Originally Posted by pap View Post
    WOW!!!!! I think I like Kenseth now.
    X2.......................
    8/13/16