Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Will nascar fine the #4

Will nascar fine the 4 car for causing the last yellow. It sure looks like he did it to save his spot and safe him a spot in the chase. two other drivers spoke up on the issue and after the Waltrip team doing what they did a couple years ago nascar fined the he11 out of them. the tv guys are sure trying to cover for him.

It would be no particular surprise if NASCAR does nothing.

absolutely not. Will someone take Harvick out at Martinsville? Most definitely.
    8/13/16

Look at the incar camera, he never turned right and from the areal view it looks like the 6 car came down not clearing him. Not a big Harvick fan just a driver giving my opinion.

Nascar and the Chase are the only ones to blame. They created the problem and put him in that position. Now 4 teams' seasons were decided on what point the flagman threw the yellow. It's too easy to manipulate the outcome when it comes down to 1 or two positions. They've turned it all into a child's game of "Sorry" What I see coming is "well Junior got screwed so we are going to add a 9th driver to the next round" like they did with Gordon a couple of years ago. I'm a Gordon fan and that was the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. They just make up the rules as they go.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bbmft View Post
    Look at the incar camera, he never turned right and from the areal view it looks like the 6 car came down not clearing him. Not a big Harvick fan just a driver giving my opinion.
    Don't know which in car shot you viewed but this one shows definitively that Harvick veered to the right as Trevor Bane was going around him. Look at the lines on the racetrack and there is no doubt Harvick turned hard right. It doesn't get much more clear than that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNYRsAC4LZg

Harvick did veer, but what he did isn't illegal, it's the same thing as Joey last week and Joey was a hero... they both spun a car to preserve their respective goal..... this is what you get when you allow the "spin to win" mentality. It hurts all of NASCAR....

..... this is what you get when you allow the "spin to win" mentality. It hurts all of NASCAR....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I didn't say it was your fault - I just said I was blaming you.

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    Harvick did veer, but what he did isn't illegal, it's the same thing as Joey last week and Joey was a hero... they both spun a car to preserve their respective goal..... this is what you get when you allow the "spin to win" mentality. It hurts all of NASCAR....
    Here's a link to a video and accompanying commentary by those involved in the fiasco at Sonoma, CA in the summer of 1991.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ahfVcy_2Gw

I would ask, was what Ricky Rudd did at Sonoma illegal? Should he have been penalized in the form of taking the win away? According to your (and mine) definition no. But, a precedence had been set by NASCAR the second NASCAR made the decision to black flag Ricky Rudd and give the victory to Allison. 8 years after the Rudd/Allison incident in August of 1999 at Bristiol, TN a much more blatant incident took place and the win stood. In very recent history the Bowyer situation was met with severe punishment and now Harvick is let off the hook completely? All of this is just more legitimate reasons why NASCAR has lost all credibility with objective thinking race fans.

Since NASCAR made a mockery of the championship process with their silly gimmicks it's been more the gimmicks that put people in the position of having to do things like Bowyer did a year or so ago, and what harvick did yesterday. If there were no gimmicks, there would be no bull$hit like the Bowyer incident and what happened at Talladega yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by racin6mod View Post
    Will nascar fine the 4 car for causing the last yellow. It sure looks like he did it to save his spot and safe him a spot in the chase. two other drivers spoke up on the issue and after the Waltrip team doing what they did a couple years ago nascar fined the he11 out of them. the tv guys are sure trying to cover for him.
    Nascar can not fine or suspend a driver on the premise that they know what he was thinking. It starts and ends right there. If they discover something other than what they have, like a communication that says he was trying to wreck some one, then things are different. Just like what happened to MWK racing a few years back. But if nothing about this situation advances any further? It is on to Martinsville. The chase is a circus created for fan entertainment anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Nascar can not fine or suspend a driver on the premise that they know what he was thinking. It starts and ends right there. If they discover something other than what they have, like a communication that says he was trying to wreck some one, then things are different. Just like what happened to MWK racing a few years back. But if nothing about this situation advances any further? It is on to Martinsville. The chase is a circus created for fan entertainment anyway.
    Don't bull$hit yourself, NASCAR can, and does, do anything they want. If they wanted harvick to be eliminated from the stupid chase deal, they'd see to it he was eliminated. Simple as that.

Do you really believe NASCAR knew what Ricky Rudd was thinking at Sonoma? If you do I'd like to hear the explanation. Taking a win away from the points leader, as was the case with Rudd, is some serious stuff and NASCAR had no idea of Rudd's intent.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Don't bull$hit yourself, NASCAR can, and does, do anything they want. If they wanted harvick to be eliminated from the stupid chase deal, they'd see to it he was eliminated. Simple as that.

Do you really believe NASCAR knew what Ricky Rudd was thinking at Sonoma? If you do I'd like to hear the explanation. Taking a win away from the points leader, as was the case with Rudd, is some serious stuff and NASCAR had no idea of Rudd's intent.
    Why are you referencing something that happened 25 years ago? Good lord.

Since then numerous things have happened similar to Rudds deal (if not worse) and NASCAR did absolutely nothing.

Here's a link to a video and accompanying commentary by those involved in the fiasco at Sonoma, CA in the summer of 1991.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ahfVcy_2Gw

I would ask, was what Ricky Rudd did at Sonoma illegal? Should he have been penalized in the form of taking the win away? According to your (and mine) definition no. But, a precedence had been set by NASCAR the second NASCAR made the decision to black flag Ricky Rudd and give the victory to Allison. 8 years after the Rudd/Allison incident in August of 1999 at Bristiol, TN a much more blatant incident took place and the win stood. In very recent history the Bowyer situation was met with severe punishment and now Harvick is let off the hook completely? All of this is just more legitimate reasons why NASCAR has lost all credibility with objective thinking race fans.

Since NASCAR made a mockery of the championship process with their silly gimmicks it's been more the gimmicks that put people in the position of having to do things like Bowyer did a year or so ago, and what harvick did yesterday. If there were no gimmicks, there would be no bull$hit like the Bowyer incident and what happened at Talladega yesterday.
    What the he** does that have to do with yesterday? Stick to the subject!!! That's 25 years ago for cryin' out loud!!

I remember that incident very well at Sonoma, I was a big Ricky Rudd and Davey Allison fan but, taking that victory away from Rudd I remember being livid over it.

Why don't you guys get off CIRF nuts so, what he referenced something that happene 25 years ago what makes the friggin difference. Next time maybe we will find something you say and berate you over it Geeessshhhh

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Why don't you guys get off CIRF nuts so, what he referenced something that happene 25 years ago what makes the friggin difference. Next time maybe we will find something you say and berate you over it Geeessshhhh
    Oh, I don't know, maybe cause it was 25 freakin' years ago, Harvick wasn't going for the win and there is absolutely no correlation!!!! And Harvick didn't do anything against any present rules, my problem is with the fact Harvick doesn't have balls enough to admit it, heck Joey even did that last week when he spun Matt... other then that, no sweat....

I remember when Tim Flock's co-driver Jocko Flocko flipped a booger into the grandstands @ Raleigh in '53... (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ed if NASCAR didn't do nuttun' to him, either!

http://timflock.com/jocko.htm
    Last edited by Krooser; 10-27-2015 at 09:09 AM.

Just pointin' out what actually happened and if it was 5 minutes ago, 25 years ago or 125 years ago it's relevant since the sanction is being run by the same family and like minded people as it was in the days of the Sonoma fiasco.

NASCAR has a history of bull$hit and pointing out said bull$hit is proper and appropriate.

Who was it that said only fools ignore the past? It would appear that person had ya'll in mind.

By all means, carry on fools! Hehehehe!

Fu_k the chase. It's the dumbest thing NASCAR has came up with and here is why. After 26 races car X is leading the points and he blows an engine in race 27 and finishes 41st, wrecks in race 28 and finishes 37th and finishes 3rd in race 29. He's out of the championship run even though he comes back to finishes top 5 with 4 wins in the last 7 races. The best he can finish is 13th in points. WOW The GWC the way they do it is a joke why not keep trying till you have 1 car left, the way it is it's all about "WHEN" NASCAR "WANTS" to turn the caution lights on. Last week they could have let then run longer to see if all the wrecked cars clear the track on there own and if not throw the caution down the back straight It's a 2 mile track (no need for a quick caution unless only to let NASCAR decide the winner). I was surprised that they didn't wait till the "golden one" (and yes I'm a Jr fan) pass the 22 then throw the caution. NASCAR has become a joke, more of a show instead of a sport. I really wonder what Dale Sr, Rusty, Bobby, Cale, David, Richard and others really think of the "CHASE", none of them will talk bad about NASCAR but I would love to hear an honest answer. I'd love to hear an honest answer from todays drivers but that will never happen because NASCAR won't let them talk. I only watch about 6-7 races all year because to me the "good old days" are gone it"s all business and corporate yuppies running things.

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TRACKS WHY YOU CAN, IT CAN ALL CHANGE IN A HEART BEAT.

I completely agree 1bbmft. You cant blame the 4. In my opinion you couldn't blame MWR a couple of years ago. They did what they could within the rules. The Chase is what made all this outcome manipulation possible. You can't manipulate 100 points but you can certainly manipulate 5 or 10. The Homestead Race last year was manipulated at least to an extent. Rick Hendrick let that Cat outa the bag on that race here: http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...peedway-102015