Default throttle linkage help for 1984 mustang

i have the stock throttle cable now opperating a motorcrsft 2150 carb and was wondering what to do or buy to run a weber carb, how to operate the throttle,is there a kit to buy that will work or does it all need to be fabricated,any help would be appreciated

I ran the motorcraft 2100 carb and made my own throttle linkage from a piece of 5/16" threaded rod with a heim joint on the carb end, ran the other end thru the top hole of the pedal. Cheap & easy, and never had any problems.

We stopped using cables years ago and went to a solid shaft similar to what Dirtman29 is talking about. We just treaded the end of the rod and attached the heim joints. When running the Esslinger intake we used 2 rods and a bell crank.

sounds good thanks, but what do i do to switch the cable pedal,and got to a rod pedal setup,thanks

Weld a tab with a hole in to the top end of the peddle and the heim joint to with a Nyloc (nylon inserted locking nut). Drill a hole through the firewall and attached the other end to the carb linkage.