Default Bump stop of a metric

Has anyone tried a bump stop on the right front with about a 500 rf and a 550 lf? Is so how did it work? Did you go up on lr bite or keep it the same? If you haven't tried it, what's everyone's open on it? I believe some of the nesmith stockcars are on them.

Bump stops take a lot of testing to get to work properly. Definitely need to work with a good shock guy on the setup thats right for you, otherwise you are just going to waist a bunch of time. Check out this link from Rightfoot Performance it may help. http://www.rightfootperformance.net/..._538213516.pdf

Dave
    2012 UMP Stock Car National Champions.
    2013 UMP Modified Rookie of the Year
    2014 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Fairbury American Legion Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 UMP Modified, Northen IL Regional Champion
    2018 UMP Modified, #2 National Points Standings
    Like us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/McKinneyMotorsports

a lot of street stocks down here are using bump stops, but there is a huge difference in using them on dirt, than on asphalt. you don't use a sway bar. the spring rate you mentioned seems right as far as a starting point. also you need a shock that has a lot of slow speed rebound. if your just gone throw it on and try it a few times, don't waste your time. it takes a LOT of trial and error to dial this in.

Save yourself time and go to a bumpspring. Linear Loading so you don't get wheel loading spikes that you do with a bumpstop. Works well.

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    a lot of street stocks down here are using bump stops, but there is a huge difference in using them on dirt, than on asphalt. you don't use a sway bar. the spring rate you mentioned seems right as far as a starting point. also you need a shock that has a lot of slow speed rebound. if your just gone throw it on and try it a few times, don't waste your time. it takes a LOT of trial and error to dial this in.

What would be a starting point on a bumpspring? Im wanting to do some experimenting but would like a general area to start. Thanks

900/500 sportsman stack
    Quote Originally Posted by pcs View Post
    What would be a starting point on a bumpspring? Im wanting to do some experimenting but would like a general area to start. Thanks
    I'm 800/500 but different application im a lot lighter and travel a ton more call PAC

7up, I actually rarely use a bump any more on my late model, I like the 2 stage better, but there is several street stocks down here that is killing them every where they go on a cone style bump stop, ive got a bump spring but haven't tried it yet.

Personally I don't like the cone I've used it before on asphalt a little on dirt but most dirt guys don't run it in a cup and the dirt rates are far softer so the COT (cone) style degrades quickly IMO. Especially when it's not in a bump cup. So before they know it they are chasing a wheel rate loading inconsistency. I like two stage for coil over but it's much easier to shove a packer in a bump spring setup and virtually no clearance issues or coil bind issues if you don't have the right height springs. I run a lot of bumpstop and bump spring setups in asphalt this is just what I've found to be the easiest and simplest to take from car to car that is easy for people to understand....it's a lot easier on dirt then bump springs on 4 corners of asphalt I'll tell you that much for sure lol PAC has a lot of choices and range in rates. Linear has every advantage over progressive IMO. I have seen digressive two stage setups on DLM though
    Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    7up, I actually rarely use a bump any more on my late model, I like the 2 stage better, but there is several street stocks down here that is killing them every where they go on a cone style bump stop, ive got a bump spring but haven't tried it yet.

What is PAC?

Quote Originally Posted by pcs View Post
    What is PAC?
    PAC is a spring company is Michigan check them out for sure they do engine springs as well they put out top notch stuff!