Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

it all depends on how you look at it.

I paid $100 per ticket to go see ACDC a couple years ago (and the concert was 2.5 hours), beer was $10 and T-shirts were $35. It was a once a year / lifetime thing, I would have paid $150 no problem. Paid well over $100 for my teenage daughter to go see Taylor Swift (she still talks about it 2 years later, so obviously worth it).

My Knoxville Nationals tickets cost me $185 per ticket (4 days), no issue at all paying it.

WoO Sprint tickets are $35, depending on the track they are at, it's a bargain (Knoxville, Eldora, Williams Grove) as the car count always guarantees at least a B-main. At some other tracks it's a rip-off as there are only 20 cars there and they don't even pay a full purse as 21-24 don't exist and they don't give that money to those in 2nd-20th.

Chili Bowl - wish I had tickets, and $270 would be ok by me (although they should raise the purse considerably for charging that amount, but that's another discussion altogether).

Tickets to a college FB game this weekend are $65 to watch Texas @ Iowa State or Maryland @ Iowa. Not exactly marquee matchups, but both will be nearly sold out or sold out even at that price.

It's kinda hilarious that people bitch about $2 ticket increases to major race events but have no issue paying $8 for a beer and $100 for a ticket to an NFL game (that they can watch live on TV and have a better view, instant stats, and drink their own beer).

I think some that are complaining are not complaining about the tickets prices, but wondering why it is even necessary. Profits are through the roof, and the rich get richer.

Where do some of you draw the line? Comparing this event to pro sports events is not valid. Those people are getting paid millions to play. Dirt racing is basically a nonprofit event for most.

The players alone are getting paid $13.5 million dollars total, for every pro football game played.

106 players on two teams getting an average of $125,000 each, to play just one game.
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 11-01-2015 at 09:19 PM.

Zach51. 1%ers LOL I hardly think that many are 1%'ers spend to much time on 4m. Other then that you make great points. We spend our money on what we enjoy. Some go on big fishing and hunting trips, so spend it on cars, some even spend it on nascar. We spend a lot of expendable money on dirt track racing.
    10k shows are problematic. I don't mind 30 bucks for a 10k show, but a casual fan or someone new to dirt track racing may see that as a high price. Also Tracks need much better bathroom facilities. Especially for women, and children.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    I think some that are complaining are not complaining about the tickets prices, but wondering why it is even necessary. Profits are through the roof, and the rich get richer.

Where do some of you draw the line? Comparing this event to pro sports events is not valid. Those people are getting paid millions to play. Dirt racing is basically a nonprofit event for most.

How true that is

I don't think anybody at any level in the dirt racing sport is making life-altering profits. Not drivers, promoters, owners, etc. Some of the most wealthy people at Eldora on a big race weekend are most likely fans! Obviously, Tony Stewart doesn't need the money, but that example is an outlier. I can't fault a facility for trying to make a little extra scratch when they know it is there for the taking. Gouging is one thing, but I don't think you could in the least accuse Eldora of that.

And dirt, my reference to 1%er's was not meaning bikers lol, just referring to the 1% of dirt late model fans that actually read this site.

The players alone are getting paid $13.5 million dollars alone each, for every pro football game played.

106 players on two teams getting an average of $125,000 each, to play just one game.
    And those players salaries are subsidized by TV $$ (what is the contact now, $1 Billion per year or more), Dirt Track racing gets $0 per year in TV $$.

The NFL needs ZERO people in the stands and it still turns a profit, yet they charge $100 per ticket or more to attend in person. Dirt track racing needs butts in the seats or the sport ceases to exist.

I'm sure someone out there has actual numbers, I do not. But are the online pay-per-view races hurting the races ya'll think? I personally would think it is just generating income from people that wouldn't make it to the race anyway. I seriously doubt there are many people (though I am one this weekend) that elect not to go to the race and stay home and watch it online. I would think if anything the PPV are helping the tracks put a little extra money in their pocket, if in fact the agreement with the series/broadcast team is decent. I honestly don't know how all that works.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    I'm sure someone out there has actual numbers, I do not. But are the online pay-per-view races hurting the races ya'll think? I personally would think it is just generating income from people that wouldn't make it to the race anyway. I seriously doubt there are many people (though I am one this weekend) that elect not to go to the race and stay home and watch it online. I would think if anything the PPV are helping the tracks put a little extra money in their pocket, if in fact the agreement with the series/broadcast team is decent. I honestly don't know how all that works.

Your key part of your statement is that it helps the track put a little extra money in their pocket..... what about the Racers who are out there spending their blood sweat and tears doing this deal? dont they deserve a little extra in their pocket as well? Sure i think that Ppv is hurting the sport some but it is also helping it some as well because for those who havent ever been to a track before they can have the chance to watch a PPV thats the helpful part..... Now the hurtful part what if a track locks down or turns into a dust bowl and a person never being there before has ordered a PPV and the racing turns out not to be so great then thats the hurtful part..... just my opinion....
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

wanted to see the Chicago Bears play the Seattle Seahawks this year. problem was it was Seattle's home opener and even the nose bleed seats were 300.00 - 400.00 dollars

Agreed Nasty, but the racers were going to race whether there was anybody watching online or not? Who knows, its a slippery slope.

IZZO, I have seat options/season tix for the cowboys. I just sell them all on the ticketexchange (thankfully I sold them before romo got hurt), but the Cowboys-Pats tix I got $330 each for and the Cowboys-Seahawks tix I got $280 each for, and my seats are 50 yrd line but 6 rows from the top, definite nosebleeds. I'm not sure the NFL comparison to dirt racing is very valid though, just two complete different worlds.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    Your key part of your statement is that it helps the track put a little extra money in their pocket..... what about the Racers who are out there spending their blood sweat and tears doing this deal? dont they deserve a little extra in their pocket as well? Sure i think that Ppv is hurting the sport some but it is also helping it some as well because for those who havent ever been to a track before they can have the chance to watch a PPV thats the helpful part..... Now the hurtful part what if a track locks down or turns into a dust bowl and a person never being there before has ordered a PPV and the racing turns out not to be so great then thats the hurtful part..... just my opinion....
    The problem with your statement is you think the PPVs generate a lot of money.... They don't. There aren't 10,000 people watching these. In most cases the number watching is in the 100s and in some cases less then that. If you really wanted to divide it out. It would look like a guy making minimum wage with 30 kids paying child support to 30 different mothers. So it would be very little... If anything.

Do the PPVs break even or make money??? For the most part they do. Otherwise they would disappear. Look at what races are PPV every year. I know DoD didn't do Paducah this year because of the terrible internet connection. Otherwise it's the same ones.

If a track has a dust bowl for PPV. That's on them. They are cutting there own throat. There are some PPVs I won't bother with because terrible track conditions or how they run the program.
    Last edited by huskerdirt; 10-30-2015 at 04:49 PM.

Eldora is still the biggest bargain in racing,I went to the NHRA drags last year and camping and tickets were out of sight. Compare Eldora with 99% of any dirt track on concessions or tickets and you can take anything in except alcohol.
    And almost all the top cars are there, forgot to mention cheapest pit passes anywhere also.
    The increase will pay the higher purse. I wish they would have another million dollar race,I would be there and pay the admission it wouldnt be as much as an NFL game.
    Eldora 8
    Knoxville IA 3
    Lancaster county NC 1
    Cherokee NC 1
    Richmond KY 1
    Midway 1
    Lotsa streaming

It seems some promoters are able to hold the line on ticket prices. We made the trip down to Wayne County Speedway in Wayne City, IL last weekend for the Jason Leffler Memorial USAC/POWRi midget race. There were 54 midgets in the pits (50 of them were good quality and probably 20 were capable of winning the A-main) and no support classes (yessss!). This show paid $20,000.00 to win and the payout throughout the field of 26 cars was good. One of the best races we attended all year and by far the best value for the buck.

The admission price was $10.00 per person and you could carry in a cooler. There was no beer sales but again, coolers with beer were allowed. The track was a 4 hour trip one way and there were 4 of us that rode down together. We split the gas and besides what I ate (gotta' eat at home) and drank (prolly woulda' had a beer or two at home) I spent a whopping $25.00 on gas and a ticket.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Fairbury charges $12.00 admission for a regular weekly show and no coolers are allowed, ever.

Not saying that this deal was comparable to the World Hundred in any way but going to a relatively big show doesn't have to break the bank, at least in this case it didn't.
    Last edited by CIRF; 10-31-2015 at 09:22 AM.

The one thing is dirt racing the driver has to pay too race so the track can put on a show.. I have never been able too under stand WHY you have too pay too put on a show... Been told that Eldora is one of the tracks that pay better all the way down the field ... If they give the driver more for last with does not include the drivers that did not make the show... I pay more......More pay for ALL the drivers makes for better cars and better racing most of the time..... my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    The one thing is dirt racing the driver has to pay too race so the track can put on a show.. I have never been able too under stand WHY you have too pay too put on a show... Been told that Eldora is one of the tracks that pay better all the way down the field ... If they give the driver more for last with does not include the drivers that did not make the show... I pay more......More pay for ALL the drivers makes for better cars and better racing most of the time..... my 2 cents

That's the exact point I was trying to make in my last post but obviously it didn't go over to well with everyone Gary...
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    So you want tracks to let the drivers in for free and pay everybody more? It doesn't and cannot work that way all the time. I've seen a number of tracks do things to get drivers to show up. I would say half the time it would be called a success. Drivers get paid for putting on a show after the night is over. And the pay is based on how they do. Honestly how is that any different than the real world. If you are successful, you are compensated for that. Some jobs have a cap on what you can make. Others like racing don't. If we paid every single person in the same industry the exact same pay. You think that would go over well. Just look up the guy the that gave all his employees a significant raise a few years back. Some felt they didn't earn it and the ones that were there the longest felt betrayed and quit for lesser paying jobs.

http://www.businessinsider.com/dan-p...s-leave-2015-7

Up until a few years ago. Eldora was well behind a few races in regards to the overall payout. Now they are paying out the most money ever in dirt late model racing since the million. They raise the front gate by $4 dollars and people wanna b!tch. That $100 will get you FOUR 10k to win features. SIX B features. TWENTY FOUR heat races. A 48k to win 100 lapper. And the best mother fuking Late Model field in the World.

What the hell more do people want?
    Last edited by huskerdirt; 10-30-2015 at 09:57 PM.

they the boss we the hoss they put on the entertainment,we pay they show.

Default good for the working entreprenuer

I dont mind the rich getting richer if they are providing a service to the public or to customers who are willing to pay for that service. What burns me if half their profits go to taxes that pay for lazy people who wont work and spend money on beer, cigarettes and drugs. they are the real thieves.

The players alone are getting paid $13.5 million dollars alone each, for every pro football game played.

I want to know if $50 is the going rate at other tracks? I thinj raising camping $10 is alot just to park in a field.

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    So you want tracks to let the drivers in for free and pay everybody more? It doesn't and cannot work that way all the time. I've seen a number of tracks do things to get drivers to show up. I would say half the time it would be called a success. Drivers get paid for putting on a show after the night is over. And the pay is based on how they do. Honestly how is that any different than the real world. If you are successful, you are compensated for that. Some jobs have a cap on what you can make. Others like racing don't. If we paid every single person in the same industry the exact same pay. You think that would go over well. Just look up the guy the that gave all his employees a significant raise a few years back. Some felt they didn't earn it and the ones that were there the longest felt betrayed and quit for lesser paying jobs.

http://www.businessinsider.com/dan-p...s-leave-2015-7

Up until a few years ago. Eldora was well behind a few races in regards to the overall payout. Now they are paying out the most money ever in dirt late model racing since the million. They raise the front gate by $4 dollars and people wanna b!tch. That $100 will get you FOUR 10k to win features. SIX B features. TWENTY FOUR heat races. A 48k to win 100 lapper. And the best mother fuking Late Model field in the World.

What the hell more do people want?
    Weekly shows I see why you have to charge for pit pass... But big shows Most of the time makes big money.. Weekly shows drivers are coming cause they just want too race (and win some money )....But if all the Cars in a big show that had a .01^% change of winning stayed home you have say 8 to 12 cars there to race. You need fill cars to race so they need too win some money so that they show up next week...