Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Eldora Prices Going UP

Just got my Invoice for next years seating and camping. Seating going up $2 per seat each night and camping spots have a $10 increase for the Dream. The World 100 seats just increased $2 for Thursday and Friday nights, Saturdays stayed at $44. And camping spots increased $10.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by 351twins View Post
    Just got my Invoice for next years seating and camping. Seating going up $2 per seat each night and camping spots have a $10 increase for the Dream. The World 100 seats just increased $2 for Thursday and Friday nights, Saturdays stayed at $44. And camping spots increased $10.
    I'm sure they need the extra $ just to break even.

They increased the Thursday / Friday prelims to 10k to win and the world have the best feature payout in the country ... Their prices are extremely fair

Quote Originally Posted by 20Owens View Post
    Yes sir! A half a million profit is cutting things close!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    They increased the Thursday / Friday prelims to 10k to win and the world have the best feature payout in the country ... Their prices are extremely fair
    Best bang for buck in country when it comes to DLM's

He needs the pay check to make up the money for not driving in NASCAR no more....

Really, that price increase is negligible. If that extremely modest price increase puts going out of reach for you, you really need to reevaluate your priorities.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Go to any major league sporting event. Eldora is a bargain. The Food is a bargain. Its all a bargain compared to major sports events. You pay more to just park a car for 3 hrs than Eldora charges you to camp all nite. Im no fan of Stewarts by any stretch, but you arent getting cheated at the prices they charge. First time we went to 100, we were stunned at food prices. Its 8.00 for ONE beer at our ballpark. For 8.00 at Eldora I can do some real damage at the snack bar. As famous and awesome as Eldora is, and now that its NOT being run by Earl, youre lucky they arent boinking your wallet silly. Give them time, and they probably will, but as of now, its a deal.

6 pack for $10 with ice... It's $6.25 a 16oz bud at my hometown ahl games

Quote Originally Posted by 20Owens View Post
    Earl used to say "if I could sell one more hotdog..."

Tony's more like "if I could pay one more lawyer.."

lol..sorry Tony but I had to.

if you had bought eldora 8-9 years ago ( ? ), and invested as mush money in the place as he has ( lights, fence, buildings,... ) when would you have raised the price? just curious.

Look at the prices East Alabama is charging this weekend then tell me Eldora is out of line.
    Bo

--------------------------
    It's better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you are not...

Eldora is the Super Bowl and always will be. It cost a 100 to enter which includes a free driver pit pass and paid 5500 for 10!! The pittsburgher was 110 Lucas entry fee plus 115 for a 3 day pit pass and you probably had to finish 3rd to make 5500. Eldora is the NFL and everything else is pee wee football

A wise man once told me. " If you have to worry about the cost, to attend something, Then maybe you should not be attending." Eldora World 100, is dirt late model Super bowl, as Knoxville Nationals is to Sprint car racing. As The Who sang. "I call that a bargain, the best I ever had" I can spend less and do spend less on A World 100 weekend, then I do simply going to a NFL game, MLB game, NHL game, College football game, and that is a regular season game.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtisforracin View Post
    A wise man once told me. " If you have to worry about the cost, to attend something, Then maybe you should not be attending." Eldora World 100, is dirt late model Super bowl, as Knoxville Nationals is to Sprint car racing. As The Who sang. "I call that a bargain, the best I ever had" I can spend less and do spend less on A World 100 weekend, then I do simply going to a NFL game, MLB game, NHL game, College football game, and that is a regular season game.
    don't confuse everyone with facts.......that $2 is enough to make some people stop attending (it did for the Knoxville Nationals, they raised prices $2 per night about 10 years ago and people through a hissy fit about it and stopped coming (even though tickets were still BY FAR the cheapest part of their vacation week).

vande07 hit it. The ticket prices are nothing compared to fuel to get to the track (though not as bad now as recent years), hotels, flights, etc.

Also, don't be leaning on the truck in the parking lot taking shots of Crown and complaining how the $2 ticket increase really put you out....

If you decide not to go I'll take the tickets

If people going complain over $2 increase and going hurt them, then they shouldnt go in the first place. I wouldnt even complain if they put $5 increase on tickets. So, ill be still going next year to the dream or to the world 100.

I'm just curious as to what would be the maximum some of ya'll would pay for tickets to the World Hundred.

I renewed my 2016 tickets just this morning and they are $102.50 apiece for all 3 nights. We have what are considered by many who know Eldora to be very good seats and $102.50 doesn't seem to be exorbitant in today's world.

Would $150.00 apiece for all 3 nights be too much? Would $200.00 be too much? $250.00.........

It'll be interesting to see just what would be the point where the product value no longer is worth the price. Maybe to many the limitation is only the their discretionary income.

Keep in mind I would say those of us that bicker on here are the 1%'ers if you will. I'd say most of us would be OK with a $200 ticket for 3 days of action. (my chili bowl ticket is almost $270 for 5 days), but any casual fans would balk at that price. It will be hard to get any new fans out to the track if the prices get too high.

For instance, a friend of mine wanted me to go to a hockey game a few years ago. I'd never been, didnt want to pay $45 for a ticket. He said he'd buy it, and if I didn't like it, no harm no foul. If I liked it, I'd pay him back. I paid him back, it was great. Point being, the die-hards will always be there, we gotta get some new fans into it. However, its obviously that the major crown jewels aren't hurting for attendance. It's the 10k shows on friday nights where the opportunity lies to hook a new fan.