Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Just remember this. Gordon took Bowyer out of the chase when he actually had a real shot of winning.
    This action was for a reason that really was not apparent, and certainly was not as understandable as Matt's action. I am not taking sides as much as to say this. While so many are praising Gordon, it should be remembered what he did. He received a slap on the wrist, so we will see what Matt gets. BTW, like the 22 team or not, I hope they get a shot at the title. They deserve it IMO.

One other observation.................how the hell Biffle keeps his ride yr after yr? He sucks as bad as Crash Bowyer!

Or how Roush is staying afloat.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    I see a fuel milage win coming for the 24 at homestead to add the final insult.
    Now now TS, are you getting jealous, since you are without a winner anymore!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Just remember this. Gordon took Bowyer out of the chase when he actually had a real shot of winning.
    This action was for a reason that really was not apparent, and certainly was not as understandable as Matt's action. I am not taking sides as much as to say this. While so many are praising Gordon, it should be remembered what he did. He received a slap on the wrist, so we will see what Matt gets. BTW, like the 22 team or not, I hope they get a shot at the title. They deserve it IMO.
    Boyer actually more than had that coming. Let's be fair. Start posting your retractions!!

Quote Originally Posted by old17ford View Post
    Used to be a MATT fan but no more!
    I don't blame you one bit. He started this mess and to deny that was on purpose is totally coward. Anyway Lagano is no better either.

Can anyone actually tell me the entire "CHASE" format? It seems to be confusing beyond making any sense. WHy not just draw straws for the Championship??

NASCAR has already decided Gordon should win the championship this year. He gets a 23 gallon cell...hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Boyer actually more than had that coming. Let's be fair. Start posting your retractions!!
    UH huh huh huh.

If you see 3 jugs of fuel going over the wall at Homestead, you know whats up.

TS fan you must've missed Bowyer's divebomber move on a GWC at Martinsville in 2012 wrecking the top 3, after the 24 dominated that whole race. Then after that they always seemed to be finding each other on the track. Martinsville was along time before Phoenix, but that tells you how long things stick with you. I admit that they barely touched at Phoenix, but that was all it took to push his patience over the edge..............As a long time fan, I'll be the first to admit the 24 is the last one this year who deserves to be running for a title at Homestead, but if nothing else it's vindication for getting screwed outa the last 3 he deserved (2004, 2007, 2014).

How do you figure Harvick should not have won last year? Gordon took Bowyer out of the chase. I have no problem with payback, but that stunk. If it was right for him then it is right for Matt. But I do not think that is the way it is being looked at. On the other hand, the 22 should win next week.

why would anyone admit to doing something wrong? if you do that you hang yourself out for fines and penalties, now that would be stupid! OH AND GREAT JOB MATT !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by t.nie View Post
    Mat didn't exact his payback because Logano cost him a win in another race. Mat's payback was payback for Logano taking Mat out of the chase. Logan had two wins to his credit, was safely into this round of the Chase competition to race for the title, and STILL decided that since he couldn't figure out a way past Kenseth clean, he would just move hi right on up out of the way and take the win.

Which is fine and dandy, as long as the win in that one race is ALL you are racing for. But Logano didn't just wreck him out of a single race win, he wrecked him completely out of a shot at the Championship and quite frankly, when you are safely into the next round, wrecking some guy just because you can is bound to get you all the retribution you can stomach.

I saw Kenseth after Kansas, and his comments were basically, Ok, fine, Logano wants to race that way, that's fine, but the bottom line is he is running for a championship and if this is what he is going to do, then you know, you might find that you are going to have a hard time winning that championship in the next coming races.

Yesterday Mat made it clear what he meant. You wreck me out of the Championship, then if I get the chance, I am going to wreck your Championship too. And that is exactly what he did.

Had Logano run Mat clean at Kansas, Mat wins, both go into the next round and then all bets are off, it's every man for himself. But at some point Logano needs to understand that if you want to win the whole thing, you best not be doing stupid crap along the way to other folks who are fighting to stay in contention too. And Logano wrecking Kenseth at Kansas was the stupidest thing he could have possible done.

Cooperation is just as much a part of lifting that trophy at the end of the season as beating and banging is on the run to it. But just because you CAN wreck someone for a single race win, it's not always the smartest move to make. Especially under the Chase format where a win gets you into the next round.

Logically Kenseth was not a real threat to Logano for the Championship. Logano is fast, the team is on fire, he's winning like crazy, so its not like Mat is some threat that Logano is better off if he's not in contention. But Logano took Mat out, and now instead of being a guy that Logano can look at in the 8 and say "don't need to worry about beating him, I practically let him stay in the Chase at Kansas" now Logano has created an enemy, a guy with an axe to grind who wants payback and while it may cost him a fine or suspension, Logano may have lost the Championship over it. NOT smart at all.

Logano has no one but himself to blame for this. I've watched plenty of races where the guy in second is hammering away to try to get by the guy in front but decides, in the end, that second place is better than running the risk of wrecking yourself in the process, costing both of you points and money, and making an enemy that could come back to bite you.

When Logano wrecked Kenseth at Kansas, he didn't just wreck Kenseth's race win and shot at the next round of the Chase. He wrecked his own chances at winning the Championship, too.
    Greatest post...............ever.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by old17ford View Post
    Used to be a MATT fan but no more!
    There are plenty of brand new fans that will gladly buy all of your old tshirts......

Joey vagino................and his wwe dad, superfly vagino.

Give me a freakin break.

If the officials don't use the black flag when needed, you just got to black flag them yourself !

Quote Originally Posted by drano View Post
    Would have thought a lot more of Matt if he would man up and admit to wrecking him instead of saying the car wouldn't turn or what ever, if you wreck a guy just say so be a man about it.
    I sort of sensed a lil sarcasm in Matt's interview. Matt, Joey, and everyone who watched it knows what happened. I sort of got a chuckle out of Kenseth's response actually.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by t.nie View Post
    Mat didn't exact his payback because Logano cost him a win in another race. Mat's payback was payback for Logano taking Mat out of the chase. Logan had two wins to his credit, was safely into this round of the Chase competition to race for the title, and STILL decided that since he couldn't figure out a way past Kenseth clean, he would just move hi right on up out of the way and take the win.

Which is fine and dandy, as long as the win in that one race is ALL you are racing for. But Logano didn't just wreck him out of a single race win, he wrecked him completely out of a shot at the Championship and quite frankly, when you are safely into the next round, wrecking some guy just because you can is bound to get you all the retribution you can stomach.

I saw Kenseth after Kansas, and his comments were basically, Ok, fine, Logano wants to race that way, that's fine, but the bottom line is he is running for a championship and if this is what he is going to do, then you know, you might find that you are going to have a hard time winning that championship in the next coming races.

Yesterday Mat made it clear what he meant. You wreck me out of the Championship, then if I get the chance, I am going to wreck your Championship too. And that is exactly what he did.

Had Logano run Mat clean at Kansas, Mat wins, both go into the next round and then all bets are off, it's every man for himself. But at some point Logano needs to understand that if you want to win the whole thing, you best not be doing stupid crap along the way to other folks who are fighting to stay in contention too. And Logano wrecking Kenseth at Kansas was the stupidest thing he could have possible done.

Cooperation is just as much a part of lifting that trophy at the end of the season as beating and banging is on the run to it. But just because you CAN wreck someone for a single race win, it's not always the smartest move to make. Especially under the Chase format where a win gets you into the next round.

Logically Kenseth was not a real threat to Logano for the Championship. Logano is fast, the team is on fire, he's winning like crazy, so its not like Mat is some threat that Logano is better off if he's not in contention. But Logano took Mat out, and now instead of being a guy that Logano can look at in the 8 and say "don't need to worry about beating him, I practically let him stay in the Chase at Kansas" now Logano has created an enemy, a guy with an axe to grind who wants payback and while it may cost him a fine or suspension, Logano may have lost the Championship over it. NOT smart at all.

Logano has no one but himself to blame for this. I've watched plenty of races where the guy in second is hammering away to try to get by the guy in front but decides, in the end, that second place is better than running the risk of wrecking yourself in the process, costing both of you points and money, and making an enemy that could come back to bite you.

When Logano wrecked Kenseth at Kansas, he didn't just wreck Kenseth's race win and shot at the next round of the Chase. He wrecked his own chances at winning the Championship, too.
    Aside from the grammar errorsthis post is 100%spot on.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    NASCAR has already decided Gordon should win the championship this year. He gets a 23 gallon cell...hahahaha
    So....NASCAR scripted, Brad getting rearednd a bit by one car, went high and hit Matt and turned Matt on the second hit, across his front bumper into Kurt Busch who slams the wall..... your giving NASCAR far far to much credit.... now, did they know Matt would go after Joey, probably had an inkling but nothing concrete, well, until they hit it....