Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Matt Kenseth

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    please list drivers that have had their wins away from.
    Ricky Rudd was black flagged while leading the last lap of the 1991 Banquet 300 after having turned Davey Allison in turn 11 just before taking the white flag. Rudd went on to lead the last lap, but when he crossed the finish line he was shown the black flag instead of the checkered flag. NASCAR deemed Rudd's contact as rough driving and awarded the trophy to Allison.

A more blatant incident took place at Bristol in August of 1999 and the win stood. The rough driving in this instance was perpetrated by a guy that had Billy France Jr. and NASCAR DEEPLY in his pocket.

Therein lies the difference.
    Last edited by CIRF; 11-03-2015 at 02:42 PM.

Somebody's hair just caught fire because you mention the Bristol incident again.......but your right, and good post as always.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

One incident that no one (including media) has made a comparison to is a few years ago when tony spun Vickers at Sonoma... Vickers was off track for multiple laps, came back out drove half speed around the track until the 14 caught him going into the hair pin and he stuffed him up on the tires. I believe tony was winning the race at the time. No suspension for that... I believe kenseth is gonna take some of the fall for harvick's race altering move as well. When Gordon ruined clint's chase no suspension was granted... plus Joey's chances at winning one of the next two races are very good. Nascar consistently inconsistent.

#freematt
    RACE HARD RACE OFTEN

so why no suspension for logano for Kansas..he more or less said that he dumped kenseth on purpose for blocking...so its ok to take a guy out as long as your the first one to do it, but if you retaliate then your suspended?
    powerslave

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    Saddest part is you have 2 pussies sitting in cars with tens of thousands of dollars of damage and both were afraid to get out of their cars. Neither got out for quite sometime. Any short track one if not both drivers would be scrambling to get out of there cars and going to confront the other driver.
    Its against the rules to leave your car now since the Kevin Ward deal.
    Left 4M and Dirt Late Model racing, 04/12/2016 @12:06AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    No kidding............especially after just hitting the bong.......people can get hurt or worse.

Kenseth or Lagano? Or both???

"If you take something from me, I'm going to take it back" The Code

The Racers Code in the words of Ricky Craven http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14047292

Yeah, Craven is an easy target to trash back at but I agree with him. And I'm also appreciative of Hamlin's instantaneous tweets of outrage upon the two race suspension.
    RACE HARD RACE OFTEN

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    LOL, while everyone is choosing up sides, I will remind everyone of how Gordon took out Bowyer and cost him a real shot of winning the championship. He did that because he said he didn't like the way he was racing him. Hum. Gordon got a slap on the wrist. I thought that was even worse than what happened yesterday. Although, what happened yesterday was very unfortunate.
    Now now TS. We know you are getting all apprehensive now that Mr. Gordon has a decent shot at winning the title for the fifth time, thus destroying your old four and no more chant of old on here. Let's not forget that Gordon would have two more NASCAR titles under the old system before the CHASE was invented he actually had the most points two more times if the old system had still been in use.

Bowyer started that conflict first, and as stated by Gordon, He was racing Bowyer clean, but Bowyer did not return the favor.

Anyway the season is not over yet, so don't get to hyper or lose too much sleep over the possibility that Gordon might win.

Besides, WE could have a big 4M celebration after Homestead right???

Quote Originally Posted by SuperEight View Post
    Its against the rules to leave your car now since the Kevin Ward deal.
    I think his point was they are both pu$$ies... Just like 85% of the other drivers in nascar. I've seen nascar sanctioned short track drivers get out of their cars since the ward incident with no issues. There are no real men left in the sport

Sat Down for 2 races that is so unfair.. I can see a fine but not a sit down...What they are saying you can crash someone on the same lap but if you down some laps you cant...

Set him out for 2 races is nothing what is he going to lose.

People keep saying how Matt ran him into the wall at Kansas. He was behind Kenseth, not beside him.He may have run into the wall, but he did that himself.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    I think his point was they are both pu$$ies... Just like 85% of the other drivers in nascar. I've seen nascar sanctioned short track drivers get out of their cars since the ward incident with no issues. There are no real men left in the sport
    I'm curious as to what constitutes a "real man"?

Quote Originally Posted by PennDirt View Post
    "If you take something from me, I'm going to take it back" The Code

The Racers Code in the words of Ricky Craven http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14047292

Yeah, Craven is an easy target to trash back at but I agree with him. And I'm also appreciative of Hamlin's instantaneous tweets of outrage upon the two race suspension.
    Yes, Denny Hamlin gave a great interview on the subject of "The Code". Wonder in Nascar will summon Denny to the Nascar hauler a.k. Principals Office?
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I'm curious as to what constitutes a "real man"?
    Someone that speaks there mind, isn't a cooperate puppet 24/7, has thrown a punch once in their life, not had everything handed to them on a silver platter, and it doesn't hurt to be either over 180lbs or taller than 5 foot 6. Just seems nascar is so worried about sponsorship dollars they have to have these rich kids that can bring a bag of $ with them... So basically u end up with a bunch of spoiled punks in the series. Just saw on race hub they asked Kyle Larson why he chose the ride with chip when all the teams must of wanted him and his response was chip was the only guy who didn't want a bunch of money from him. Larson has to be one of the most accomplished resumes to come around since Gordon or Stewart. If that kid can barely get a ride with a team without money we will continue to see rich spoiled kids that have never earned there way to nascar other than there checkbook. Guess I'm just sick of the rich geeks who have had their parents buy there way into nascar. If you look at DLM or sprint car drivers I guess I can just relate more to them. At least bloomer, JD, Oneal, schatz, lasoski, terry McCarl look like they could physically defend themselves if need be... Nascar stars not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Someone that speaks there mind, isn't a cooperate puppet 24/7, has thrown a punch once in their life, not had everything handed to them on a silver platter, and it doesn't hurt to be either over 180lbs or taller than 5 foot 6. Just seems nascar is so worried about sponsorship dollars they have to have these rich kids that can bring a bag of $ with them... So basically u end up with a bunch of spoiled punks in the series. Just saw on race hub they asked Kyle Larson why he chose the ride with chip when all the teams must of wanted him and his response was chip was the only guy who didn't want a bunch of money from him. Larson has to be one of the most accomplished resumes to come around since Gordon or Stewart. If that kid can barely get a ride with a team without money we will continue to see rich spoiled kids that have never earned there way to nascar other than there checkbook. Guess I'm just sick of the rich geeks who have had their parents buy there way into nascar. If you look at DLM or sprint car drivers I guess I can just relate more to them. At least bloomer, JD, Oneal, schatz, lasoski, terry McCarl look like they could physically defend themselves if need be... Nascar stars not so much.
    Okay, fair enough. Your definition is clear.

So, by definition Richard Petty, Terry & Bobby Labonte, Mark Martin (and there are many others) are examples of guys that were never over the top or prone to wanting to fight but yet universally respected.

Richard Petty always has been composed and was mindful of being disrespectful towards everyone, even Danica when he summed up his feelings on her driving talent. The King is reportedly never been in a physical altercation, same way with Terry and Bobby Labonte and Mark Martin, just to name a few. They were all respectful in what they said publicly and not inclined to brawling. Were they not "real men"?

If anyone of the 4 guys u mentioned were wrecked by a guy 10 laps down while leading a race I have a hard time believing that all 4 of them wouldn't try to confront that driver. Even if they didn't want to fight they would have enough balls to try to go say something. Mark said this on twitter today "What's wrong with a good old fashioned ass whipping? I always felt like if I had one coming that was a better option than tearing up cars". The problem is how soft the new generation has become as a whole. Whether it's not keeping score of little leauge games, participation trophies, suiting your kid up like he's going off to war to ride his bike, or anti-bullying campaigns. Life can be tough and trying to bubble wrap kids physically and emotionally is crippling this country. Nascar is a glitch in the system where u can outspend other people and make ur bubble boy a superstar. You don't have that luxury in any other sport. At least drivers from the 80s probably had to work their way up way more than today so those guys would be more of men then what we have today. Harvicks punch to Jimmie Johnson's arm is another good example... Why would u even bother. Either push him, punch him, or yell at him but punching someone in the arm seems about pointless. Just used to really enjoy watching nascar growing up but the personalities, tracks, technology of cars has really turned me off.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Okay, fair enough. Your definition is clear.

So, by definition Richard Petty, Terry & Bobby Labonte, Mark Martin (and there are many others) are examples of guys that were never over the top or prone to wanting to fight but yet universally respected.

Richard Petty always has been composed and was mindful of being disrespectful towards everyone, even Danica when he summed up his feelings on her driving talent. The King is reportedly never been in a physical altercation, same way with Terry and Bobby Labonte and Mark Martin, just to name a few. They were all respectful in what they said publicly and not inclined to brawling. Were they not "real men"?
    You might want to check into the Labonte's short track racing history in Texas. Scuffles weren't uncommon at all.

Maybe the best way to resolve these issues would be rock, paper, scissors. First one to 21 wins. Of course, make sure they wear gloves so they don't hurt their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Yes, Denny Hamlin gave a great interview on the subject of "The Code". Wonder in Nascar will summon Denny to the Nascar hauler a.k. Principals Office?
    Looks like I'm now a Ricky Craven fan...