Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Matt Kenseth

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    If anyone of the 4 guys u mentioned were wrecked by a guy 10 laps down while leading a race I have a hard time believing that all 4 of them wouldn't try to confront that driver. Even if they didn't want to fight they would have enough balls to try to go say something. Mark said this on twitter today "What's wrong with a good old fashioned ass whipping? I always felt like if I had one coming that was a better option than tearing up cars". The problem is how soft the new generation has become as a whole. Whether it's not keeping score of little leauge games, participation trophies, suiting your kid up like he's going off to war to ride his bike, or anti-bullying campaigns. Life can be tough and trying to bubble wrap kids physically and emotionally is crippling this country. Nascar is a glitch in the system where u can outspend other people and make ur bubble boy a superstar. You don't have that luxury in any other sport. At least drivers from the 80s probably had to work their way up way more than today so those guys would be more of men then what we have today. Harvicks punch to Jimmie Johnson's arm is another good example... Why would u even bother. Either push him, punch him, or yell at him but punching someone in the arm seems about pointless. Just used to really enjoy watching nascar growing up but the personalities, tracks, technology of cars has really turned me off.
    Well, what you say about the aforementioned drivers is going to be real hard to prove. We can assume all we want to solidify whatever point we're trying to make.

Number 1, the aforementioned drivers probably wouldn't have done to Kenseth what Logano did at Kansas and Talladega. Those guys would probably found a way to pass Kenseth clean. I can't prove that statement anymore that you can prove what you say but their record over their whole career would clearly indicate I'm correct. The King, the Labonte's and Martin, et al, raced folks nearly exactly as they wanted to be raced and wouldn't have had someone head hunting them in the first place. That's where the class and dignity comes in, and it worked very well for all of them throughout their careers, especially The King.

Oh, and by the way, The King and Bobby Allison had some of the nastiest on track dust up's in the history of the sport.

Number 2, the respect those drivers commanded, almost from the very beginning of their career's, was such that it would severely damage the career of someone who would go all punk on them. Just for an example arnhead was once asked how it felt to be booed by 100,000 people after the cheap shot at Bristol.

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    You might want to check into the Labonte's short track racing history in Texas. Scuffles weren't uncommon at all.

Maybe the best way to resolve these issues would be rock, paper, scissors. First one to 21 wins. Of course, make sure they wear gloves so they don't hurt their hands.
    bullring, can you come up with any documentation of the brawling in Texas by the Labonte's? I'd be interested in seeing that. I was a fan of both Terry & Bobby and never heard a smidgen of fisticuffs being part of their repertoire. Those guys always seemed to remain above all that stuff both the way they drove against people and their overall demeanor. Not disputing what you're saying just interested to see some specifics.
    Last edited by CIRF; 11-04-2015 at 08:57 AM.

NASCAR's Golden Rule: Do unto Kenseth as you have never done to other drivers this year (or for several years now that I think about it)!

If they would just let the "playground justice" take over like back in the day, youd pack the stands and have less whining. This is what happens when " corporate politically correct" people run the show. It would also make these spoiled brats think twice about pulling any $hit because they will know playground justice is probably going to mash the front end of car clean to the firewall in the near future if they do.

Quote Originally Posted by ride height View Post
    If they would just let the "playground justice" take over like back in the day, youd pack the stands and have less whining. This is what happens when " corporate politically correct" people run the show. It would also make these spoiled brats think twice about pulling any $hit because they will know playground justice is probably going to mash the front end of car clean to the firewall in the near future if they do.
    They could do that if not for TV coverage you know how PC the liberal news is they would have a field day with the old school justice.

Worked for several Busch teams in the late 80s ,early 90s while Bobby labonte might not have done any fighting the old man Bob sure warmed up a few heads. Back then there were at least 1 or 2 fights every night back then everybody didn't have a way to record everything and no social media to spread everything.

Nascar is past the point of no return. Its too " sterile" and run by corporations including TV. the stands are empty. Its not fun to watch. It just isnt. It used to be, but you couldnt pay me to attend a race now much less pay to do it. I dont think im in the minority here am I? I dont want to see ANYBODY get hurt, but for petes sake...its RACING, not a card game. At least for now DLM is still pretty "down home" where playground justice still exists and they dont change rules by the hour to make parity. Enjoy it while you can. I tell ya this if you have a local track and you like to go, you better get your butt to the races and bring a buddy or a kid and introduce them to it or we arent going to have that long either. The whole thing is sad really. Nascar? Its in big trouble. They had the sports world by the nuts 10 15 yrs ago, but they managed to pi$$ it all away.

I used to go to a lot of races now I am offered free tickets to both Charlotte races every year and I turn them down I would much rather go to a local dirt race anytime.

I wonder If Penske is mad as well Lmao......
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Quote Originally Posted by nasty55 View Post

i wonder if penske is mad as well lmao......

lmao thats a good one nasty!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    lmao thats a good one nasty!!!

Lol I came across this and thought I'd post it lol
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

So much for the have at it boyz, NASCAR goes all pussified on suspending Matt!!!! at least it would have made it interesting. I wished he would have waited until homestead to do it. Like my brother used to say I won't do it in a heat race I will do it when it pays. Meaning feature time lol. Payback that is.

We have decided that we are going to ease off of our buying at Wally World and the other good bargain stores and try exclusively to do all of our purchases now at the pretty yellow D G stores in honor of the #FREEMATT movement !
    Last edited by Raceready; 11-05-2015 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Coming from the likes of you I wear that statement like a badge of honor.

Power ol' buddy, here's a fact for ya', you got some real thin skin going on and it looks a whole lot like we're under it, if'n ya' know what I mean. Here's some advice back at ya', you probably need to concentrate more on being the best stewy nut hugger possible and less on your snappy comeback's! Literally LOL!

Been hangin' out with Chip much lately!

You didn't answer as to how your back door buddy HB is these days. Hehehehe!!
    What part of grow up did you not understand? Stay out of my business. You cannot deal with my posts so you make silly little comments to insult me. You talk like a child. So take your last word, I am sure it will be more immature nonsense.http://www.4m.net/images/smilies/tongue.png

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    What part of grow up did you not understand? Stay out of my business. You cannot deal with my posts so you make silly little comments to insult me. You talk like a child. So take your last word, I am sure it will be more immature nonsense.http://www.4m.net/images/smilies/tongue.png
    Please Mr. Power, your phony sanctimony is much more suited for your buddy HB and some of the rest of your like minded a$$hole buddies. That bull$hit means nothing to me.

Stay out of your business? Would that include your cozy relationship with Chip these days?

Power ol' buddy, your thin skin, which I believe I'm solidly under at this point, is only exceeded by your penchant for sanctimonious pontification. If taken at face value it is borderline's on sickening but really the bottom line is, the entertainment value is relatively high! Literally LOL!!
    Last edited by CIRF; 11-06-2015 at 03:20 PM.

clayton: are you still here? wanna revisit the old nascar section? your boy got his ticket punched into the finale, thanks to madd matt. might get that final championship on his way out the door! still won't be the "best of all time", but I might even enjoy it if he earns a 5th title.

just remember, if he wins: 5/7 = he's still only 71.4% as good as the Intimidator! otherwise he's stuck at 57.1% as good for eternity!!!
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Well, what you say about the aforementioned drivers is going to be real hard to prove. We can assume all we want to solidify whatever point we're trying to make.

Number 1, the aforementioned drivers probably wouldn't have done to Kenseth what Logano did at Kansas and Talladega. Those guys would probably found a way to pass Kenseth clean. I can't prove that statement anymore that you can prove what you say but their record over their whole career would clearly indicate I'm correct. The King, the Labonte's and Martin, et al, raced folks nearly exactly as they wanted to be raced and wouldn't have had someone head hunting them in the first place. That's where the class and dignity comes in, and it worked very well for all of them throughout their careers, especially The King.

Oh, and by the way, The King and Bobby Allison had some of the nastiest on track dust up's in the history of the sport.

Number 2, the respect those drivers commanded, almost from the very beginning of their career's, was such that it would severely damage the career of someone who would go all punk on them. Just for an example arnhead was once asked how it felt to be booed by 100,000 people after the cheap shot at Bristol.

bullring, can you come up with any documentation of the brawling in Texas by the Labonte's? I'd be interested in seeing that. I was a fan of both Terry & Bobby and never heard a smidgen of fisticuffs being part of their repertoire. Those guys always seemed to remain above all that stuff both the way they drove against people and their overall demeanor. Not disputing what you're saying just interested to see some specifics.
    No documentation. Once it hits 30 years old, it goes through the shredder.

That's kinda' what I figured.

But, without documentation it's essentially hearsay.

Not sayin' it's true or not true but it's a whole lot less believable without documentation. Neither one of the Labonte's seem to have the demeanor to be punking it up so until proven otherwise they'll deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I always liked Terry the best but I have a huge soft spot for Bobby due to his 2000 Cup Championship. Billy France Jr. and NASCAR would have loved for that championship to have been won by the guy that finished in second place that year and they tried to make that happen but Bobby was just to strong and steady. For that we'll always be a Bobby fan, too!

Everything on this board is hearsay. And I think you misunderstood what I was saying. Never said the Labonte's were punking it up. But if somebody took a swing at you, wouldn't you fight back? I'd call it defending yourself. The basis for what I said was from a story in a racing magazine that was interviewing Terry. (No I have no idea of the issue nor do I have it in front of me) Terry stated that when they were young and racing in Texas they won a lot. A real lot. And when you win that much you make enemies. He said they had scuffles after races, which kind of surprised me because they seem laid back. But when you think about it racing was different back then. Men settled differences like men. That's it. Not saying they were troublemakers, but I can believe they would defend themselves which any man should do. I can the easiest way to resolve this would be for you to ask Terry if he was ever in a scuffle.

IF Kenseth would have been faster at kansas none of this would have happened..... Blame Matts crew and blame Matt.....and pulling the stunt he pulled with 9 laps down he is lucky he only got set down for 2 race's...and by thy way I am a Kenseth fan over Logano.....
    I want URR Unified Rules Racing .

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    Everything on this board is hearsay. And I think you misunderstood what I was saying. Never said the Labonte's were punking it up. But if somebody took a swing at you, wouldn't you fight back? I'd call it defending yourself. The basis for what I said was from a story in a racing magazine that was interviewing Terry. (No I have no idea of the issue nor do I have it in front of me) Terry stated that when they were young and racing in Texas they won a lot. A real lot. And when you win that much you make enemies. He said they had scuffles after races, which kind of surprised me because they seem laid back. But when you think about it racing was different back then. Men settled differences like men. That's it. Not saying they were troublemakers, but I can believe they would defend themselves which any man should do. I can the easiest way to resolve this would be for you to ask Terry if he was ever in a scuffle.
    I would be inclined to believe what you're saying. However, Kenny Schrader, who was Terry's teammate for several seasons and claims to be a close friend, said in his book "Gotta' Race", which I have in my hand at this moment, that Terry was not someone you really wanted to have to defend yourself against but it took a whole lot to get him in the mood for combat. Kenny says he had never seen him in a position that he needed to use his pugilistic prowess and he never had heard of him being taken to task in a physical manner. I'm sure Kenny wasn't hangin' around Texas back in the days when Terry was getting started so it's obvious he has no eye witness accounts of those days.

What we do know is that throughout his career, from start to finish Terry conducted himself with the utmost discretion, class & dignity regardless of the situation and that includes Bristol in August of 1999. And it wasn't because he was frightened of the guy that deliberately dumped him. And sir, that right there dam sure ain't hearsay.

Could you please send me a PM containing Terry's number? I don't have it and he's unlisted. Thanks.

I apologize for my part in the thread hijacking.