Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Charlotte weather

Whats the change they will reschedule the weather not looking good

Thurs & fri are good. Sat 40% chance of showers. Dont know what they will do as woo banquet is sunday.

Just need to quit looking at the weather! It changes about every half hour. Weather will be good and we will get to see some awesome racing!

Yes. Temps going to be nice also. Low 70s daytime & low 50s night.
    Getting some rain now should clear up by wends.

I was at Charlotte one year in the Fleetwood RV center. It rained so hard the heavy, rubber door mat at the door of the RV floated off our site to a new site 25 yards away. They still raced that night and almost on schedule. The crew up there is top shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    I was at Charlotte one year in the Fleetwood RV center. It rained so hard the heavy, rubber door mat at the door of the RV floated off our site to a new site 25 yards away. They still raced that night and almost on schedule. The crew up there is top shelf!
    Was this the year they used the helicopter to dry out the track?

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Was this the year they used the helicopter to dry out the track?
    Where there is a will there's a way........I watched em dry out east bay one year with an air boat.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

The weather has already changed 3 times that I know of, for this weekend. It will change 1000 more times before this weekend.

The Dirt Track just post on Twitter that everything is on as scheduled for the weekend. Lets hope the forecast changes another 1000 times for the better.

What's the chance they will reschedule? As in, before the weekend? I would say zero. Thursday and Friday look beautiful. Sunday isn't bad either, but Saturday looks like rain. It's possible they try to start early on Sat if the rain is coming in the evening - otherwise they may run a daytime show Sunday before the WoO banquet. Either way they should get full programs in for everyone on Friday as scheduled.

Thurs and Fri looks good but Sat not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by drano View Post
    Thurs and Fri looks good but Sat not so much.
    Yea sat looks like a washout. DK if they will do a schedule change or run sats program sunday.

Maybe if friday is going well they can try to to start on some of saturdays program after friday's program, get up to half of it complete as long as it is a decent hour, then only have a handful of events to worry about getting in on Saturday? I've never been, but unless they cancel before tomorrow night, I'm heading that way.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    Maybe if friday is going well they can try to to start on some of saturdays program after friday's program, get up to half of it complete as long as it is a decent hour, then only have a handful of events to worry about getting in on Saturday? I've never been, but unless they cancel before tomorrow night, I'm heading that way.

I go every year. They wont cancel
    You will have a blast. Go in turn one and stand close to track as you can and get a look at the cars coming down frt strech especially the sprints. Its awsome!

I don't think they will cancel, Friday does not look too bad and neither does Thursday. If any track has the capability to handle some showers with ease it would be the one next to the multi million dollar NASCAR facility in Charlotte. I'm not exceedingly worried -- I'm sure they will try a lot harder than most tracks ever do.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Looking forward to the weekend. We be a fun trip one way or the other. Can't change the weather but we can still enjoy what racing we will get to see and maybe it will be a complete show. Need the time off anyway!

10-4 on that Steve Davis. My dad and I have had the time off scheduled for over 6 months now so we're gonna go and hope for the best. Worst case scenario, we might have to be sick on monday.

Everyone thats going to the show have a good time and enjoy!

Just checked the National Weather Service. 60% chance of rain before 8 o'clock. I can live with that.
    Because Dirt's for Racin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Slideways View Post
    Just checked the National Weather Service. 60% chance of rain before 8 o'clock. I can live with that.
    Most of the local Charlotte stations are calling for 60% chance for Saturday and it does seem like its suppose to be early to about 6ish. So maybe theres a chance they can get all the shows in on time. They definitely have the equipment to get a track in shape after some rain. Saturday might just be a late night but I can live with that as well.
    Chris Madden, 5 times Southern Nationals Champion!!!!