Thread: crate fuel

Default crate fuel

What crate fuel is the best

"best"---is a wide open question

you probably are referring to "best" power----but we better start with what's legal for your series

Brad
    www.race-1.com

Sorry about the lack of information. Yes the most power 604 in a latemodel nesmith rules

How much of a difference r u seeing in the chpx vs regular chp

CHP + against regular CHP is significant ---HOWEVER I do not believe that is a legal fuel with NeSmith

at the moment I am not exactly sure what is legal----stay tuned and be cautious when buying a quantity of fuel.

Brad
    www.race-1.com

How much is significant

8 to 10 peak power
    but the stuff is really hard to tune for restarts and low RPM

Best crate fuel e85 hands down we've ran it all hard to beat the e85

with ALL things considered----my "personal" opinion is the same as GRT62

there are pros and cons to all fuels and when I weigh them all out if I were racing a crate (which I don't) I would run E85

E85 is close on power to most high dollar oxygenated fuels----it does not hit the same peak numbers but on track that really doesnt mean much anyway

E85 definetly has its down sides as well as any other fuel but has pretty good bang for the buck

Brad
    www.race-1.com

Crates should be made to run 93 octane. 12 or 15 dollar a gallon fuel sort of kills the original intentions of crate racing. So does REM finished gears, ceramic bearings, titanium axles, stainless tri y headers, blueprinted engines, exotic carbs and everything else that it takes to be competitive. Not to mention lack of tech at most places. All you have to do to run crates at some places, is tell them you have a crate engine, and you are good to go.

You can buy race leaded e85 for 260 for a 55 gal drum so not 12-15 bucks a gallon

How much does E85 cost by the barrel?

E85 race mix $220 barrel

Sunoco dealer is quoting me $450 a barrel for e85. I thought that was crazy. Said 85% methanol and 15% race gas. What am I missing? Shouldnt that come out to about $250? where does the other $200 come from??

We used 4 drums of renegade e85 leaded race blend between 2 cars,every drum checked 85%. We pay 260 a drum.

Is this e85 IMCA Northern Sportmod legal?

I was hoping whoever read this and knew the answer right away, would simply provide a quick answer. Do you know the answer?

I get it, man, but I'm in the oil fields and I get a slow, unreliable phone signal if I stand on one leg on top of my truck and I don't have the printed rules on me. I read the thread and the question popped in my head. It was easier (not lazy) to just pose the question. It would be very easy and fast for someone to reply "yes" or "no". My bad.

Renegade makes a great Crate fuel, the Rat Man Crate Elite. And it's priced right. The RM Crate Elite will make the most power. But the Renegade E-85 is also a good choice.