Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

the racers brake with the radius bar or i have clamped a 1" tube heavy wall in the brake and done it that way... Experiment with what you have, jig your bar up however and go with it

You can take a 1 1/2 piece of pipe as long as your brake, weld apiece of flat stock the same length to it .Have a gap between them to just slide the sheet of aluminum threw it.Weld some handles on the ends of the pipe. Put the metal in the brake with a couple inches sticking out.Slide the pipe fixture over the metal and bend it.

Quote Originally Posted by save the racers View Post
    You can take a 1 1/2 piece of pipe as long as your brake, weld apiece of flat stock the same length to it .Have a gap between them to just slide the sheet of aluminum threw it.Weld some handles on the ends of the pipe. Put the metal in the brake with a couple inches sticking out.Slide the pipe fixture over the metal and bend it.
    I like this ! Easy to implement

Check out Boydbuilt brakes, they have a racers version. You can easily covert any brake to accept a 1" piece of tubing which gives you the 1" roll. I have a Boydbuilt and several converted. You just have to adjust your top bed back and realign your tolerance edge.

You have to have an adjustable bed to me it's a big pain in the ass to put the radius bar on. On my brake the bed is not adjustabe my friends is you make all your hems take off top lip of brake bolt on radius bar slide bed back .On mine I can do it like mentioned above you can not tell difference and you don't not have to take brake apart to each their own though.

Here is a close up of the Boydbuilt one we use. It would seem you could retrofit any brake with one of these bars.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm not sure why that pic isn't showing up so here's the link
    http://www.trick-tools.com/Boyd_Buil...ar_Boyd7_R_998

Quote Originally Posted by 96racing View Post
    Here is a close up of the Boydbuilt one we use. It would seem you could retrofit any brake with one of these bars.
    I think you have to be able to slide the top "foot" back (the clamp down part) to be able to use one of those radius bars like that.

I have a VERY heavy Chicago Dreis & Krump 8' brake, i don't think the top part is adjustable.

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    Honestly that enormous radius looks like dog $hit. I have no idea why on earth you would want to
    Copy that but it's about a 1.25 radius so you have to roll the panel around a 2.5" pipe and that's much larger than radius bars they typically sell ... Trying to copy that is like asking Brian Gray for his wheel well templates to copy
    Those lol
    ^^^What He said!!!^^^
    Left 4M and Dirt Late Model racing, 04/12/2016 @12:06AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperEight View Post
    ^^^What He said!!!^^^

Our late model body rules require a radius bend, so I bought an EZ Bend Racer's Brake and I love it. Nice smooth round tops so easy. Check out their video, and radius bend starts at about 7 minutes into the video if you don't want to watch the whole thing. Nicest fastest easiest bends I have ever done on any brake... https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...10B&FORM=VIRE1