Default Movable carb spacer?

We have a movable (forward/backward) 2 barrel spacer. Are there gains to be had by moving it one way or the other?

Yes there is. Some combos more than others. Dyno is the best way to find out.

With the HVH Super Sucker 2bbl spacer on my motor we found more power with the spacer slid all the way back, but different motor combos will have different variations. I know some guys with more power running it straight even, some forward, and then everywhere in between.

If someone around you has a chassis dyno, a good day on the dyno with numerical results is a lot better than a short night at the track scratching your head judging power with the seat of your pants.
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

Yes there are gains to be made. And, if you already have the spacer,other than the dyno time, it's essentially free HP

Ok a dyno will tell you static H.P. not dynamic . Air weighs zero . Fuel is a liquid so when you accelerate it goes to the rear . But when you enter the corner and turn left the fuel goes right . So how will a dyno tell you how to adjust for this . I know . Read the plugs per cylinder .

Wehrs says to move the carb to the front. More hp at track with g-forces. https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...1a&action=view

Hatchet, I don't think it has anything to do with how the fuel is positioned within the carb.

Rather, how the carb, and the output from the carb, is in relation to the runners on the intake.