Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    I think some of you are forgetting one thing. What track has a BIG enough pit area to accommodate all those cars at one time and has decent track prep & a good amount of seating?
    Lernerville and VMS could both pull it off.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Charlotte is a nice facility if they brought track workers from Lernerville and for some reason they didn't get the track right then that dosen't mean it needs moving.

Wheatland MO. Location is great, facilities are great, weather is great. One problem it's Lucas Oil territory.

Default the place

is Eldora and I'm 15 minutes from the dirttrack at charlotte was home at 7 40
    Last edited by poolcuemaster; 11-08-2015 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    VMS. Beautiful facility with a ton of seating. Problem is, racers don't seem to like that place much.
    Do you think it is that they don't like the track or is it because it is so far out in the middle of nowhere?

Personally I don't think there is anything wrong with the track at Charlotte, but it seems to me that they are just cramming too much racing into the weekend. With three big divisions with high car counts trying to run full programs everything has to go right to keep the track in good shape. Any sort of extended red flags for any reason and that becomes virtually impossible...as we saw this weekend.

I love the idea of having an event like the World Finals, but if that is the WRG marque event, they need to work on organizing things better. JMO
    Last edited by SnakeX3; 11-09-2015 at 01:08 AM.

Its too bad they cant run more shows at Charlotte during the summer. Im from an area where the "nice" facilities are harder to find so the venue at Charlotte is awesome, but I think the lack of racing on the surface really hurts them. Why dont they race more their during the season? I'm guessing it has to do with the cost? It would be cool to see the 3 series come together during the middle of the summer maybe at Eldora or somewhere and run for a weekend.

It would also be fun to see the UMP mods run at the World Finals.....
    Last edited by WRC11; 11-09-2015 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WRC11 View Post
    Its too bad they cant run more shows at Charlotte during the summer. Im from an area where the "nice" facilities are harder to find so the venue at Charlotte is awesome, but I think the lack of racing on the surface really hurts them. Why dont they race more their during the season? I'm guessing it has to do with the cost? It would be cool to see the 3 series come together during the middle of the summer maybe at Eldora or somewhere and run for a weekend.

It would also be fun to see the UMP mods run at the World Finals.....
    They need to bring back the Colossal.

Instead of moving the World Finals, maybe a better thread would be where to move the DTWC.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeX3 View Post
    Do you think it is that they don't like the track or is it because it is so far out in the middle of nowhere?
    I think it probably has to do mostly with how remote the track is. I've never heard anybody complain about the track itself, just how far away from everything it is.

My suggestion is why not do something else like World finals, at Lernerville? Say Big blocks and Late models. I like it at The Dirt Track. Beside where else are you going to get 86 lates and 52 sprint cars together. Both were some of the largest car counts of the year. Everyone must remember The Dirt Track at Charlotte has had rough track history really since the track opened. I remember a few Colossal races that were quite rough.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtisforracin View Post
    My suggestion is why not do something else like World finals, at Lernerville? Say Big blocks and Late models. I like it at The Dirt Track. Beside where else are you going to get 86 lates and 52 sprint cars together. Both were some of the largest car counts of the year. Everyone must remember The Dirt Track at Charlotte has had rough track history really since the track opened. I remember a few Colossal races that were quite rough.
    I don't think it'll actually ever be moved, nor should it really. Unless Charlotte gets rid of the dirt track. Then other tracks would have to be discussed.

And you're right, it is usually rough at Charlotte. It wasn't but a few years ago that a pile of drivers went to the hospital because the track was coming apart and giant chunks of clay were making their way into (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pits.

They don't want any dust at all from the dirt track. Even when the track hasn't had several inches of rain dumped on it like it did this past week and weekend, they water the living crap out of it to try to keep the dust down.

Last year there was plenty of dust. I was also back to my room to clean up and go back out by 11 each night. I remember dust the 2 years prior to that as well. The shows were not over as early though. I was only there Friday this year and that's because I drove down to drop off my motor to be freshened. I was done with it by 11 and left but I had also been on the road for hrs before the sun came up.... The track does have a history of being rough but the previous three yrs I attended it was not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Was thinking the same thing, but at east bay............maybe tie the two together somehow for a Florida shootout.
    How bout east bay and brp? Two small tracks and only 1.5 hrs apart!
    Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep.

Heaven forbid......a rough track? It's dirt, you dimwits! Who's even ridden down a dirt road among all you candy asses? The big track across the road is said to be smooth. Add in flood conditions in the Carolinas over the past few weeks and the track held together amazingly well from all that pounding it got this weekend.