Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What Track Would You Move The World Finals To?

I know this will not happen but if the WoO was to move the World Finals to a different track. What track would you think would be best for the World Finals?

Charlotte is just to unsafe for the drivers here lately, I know they had a decent racing surface there last year but other than that the racing surface has been horrible and way to dangerous for all the drivers that raced at Charlotte.

What makes the surface so unsafe just wondering.

Rt 66 would be, 1.5 hours for me so that would be awesome. If I was to travel tho, why not vegas baby

The racing surface at Las Vegas is (at least) as bad as Charlotte. I am continually amazed how many IMCA mods and sport mods tow out there each year for the Duel to put their cars through the beating that LVMS dirt track dishes out.

I love the actual dirt track facilities that are present at LVMS, Charlotte, and Fort Worth NASCAR tracks. The actual race surfaces, unfortunately, don't get enough use to be kept in any kind of decent shape.
    Last edited by dirt33; 11-07-2015 at 11:45 PM.

We were discussing Friday why not have a World Finals type event in the spring? Maybe at Texas. First race of the season everybody has cabin fever. By the end of the season I'm not as interested in traveling to a race as I would be if it was the season opener.

You know how to tell when a track is "too unsafe for the drivers" ?

When the drivers stop showing up, because of the conditions!

VMS. Beautiful facility with a ton of seating. Problem is, racers don't seem to like that place much.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Wythe! But I doubt we'll ever see a big show there.

I have never been to VMS, but I understand it is a beautiful first class facility. Why don't the drivers like it?

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    I have never been to VMS, but I understand it is a beautiful first class facility. Why don't the drivers like it?
    Beats me. It's just they never seem to get very many cars for their bigger shows.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Beats me. It's just they never seem to get very many cars for their bigger shows.
    Location, location, location, or lack thereof. No one wants to tow all the way the coast. As for my Finals choice, I'd run them at Lernerville. The track prep there could probably overcome the winged dune buggies, and the fences aren't as likely to be knocked down by them either.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

The crew that is prepping the track for World Finals, are from Lernerville... And I agree that VMS would be a great place for the Finals, the Sawyers are 1st class...
    I don't always post on 4m.. But when I do, I'm usually sitting on the crapper!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mudweiser View Post
    The crew that is prepping the track for World Finals, are from Lernerville... And I agree that VMS would be a great place for the Finals, the Sawyers are 1st class...
    Yes they are, but prepping Lernerville and prepping Charlotte is two different animals. One runs weekly, one doesn't, and I'm sure the dirt is different wether it looks the same or not.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

volusia
    start the season end the season
    The Stranger: Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home.

Quote Originally Posted by 153J View Post
    volusia
    I agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by 153J View Post
    volusia
    Was thinking the same thing, but at east bay............maybe tie the two together somehow for a Florida shootout.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

TMS would be awesome! They have races there twice a year and get 30-40 late models at the March race every year! Gustin won it in March and year before Mo Bags won it

VMS would be a great place for the finals. Great track with fan freindly people!

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Yes they are, but prepping Lernerville and prepping Charlotte is two different animals. One runs weekly, one doesn't, and I'm sure the dirt is different wether it looks the same or not.
    I'm sure they're quite different, just pointing out that they had some of the best in the business handling track prep...
    I don't always post on 4m.. But when I do, I'm usually sitting on the crapper!!

Thumbs up

I think some of you are forgetting one thing. What track has a BIG enough pit area to accommodate all those cars at one time and has decent track prep & a good amount of seating?
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1