Default last 2.3 with mechanical fuel pump

anyone know the years you can get a small journal crank 2.3 ford sohc block that will accept a mechanical fuel pump, if any,thanks for any info

If I am not mistaken, all of the small journal blocks have the bolt holes for the mechanical fuel pump already threaded and in the proper place. If you have the block tore down, just take a fuel pump gasket, line it up with the threaded holes, and mark the big hole onto the block. then drill some holes in it and use a small grinder and clearance the hole that you marked. then the fuel pump will fit and work. We have done it plenty of times.

yes,all the small journal blocks had the threaded bolt holes,you just need to knock a hole for the arm to go into,and make sure the aux shaft has the fuel pump lobe on it...some did not.
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

thanks for the help,1 more thing do they all accept a stock distributer

No, I am not sure what year stopped having them but the one in my car does not have the machine work or holes in place to use a stock distributor or a MSD distributor.

CJ

any chance you can give me an explanation for what you are doing

do you know what year your block is,thanks, and please disregard the last post, i have tried to post a number of replies and they werent being posted,talk about texting behind the wheel.lol

The last blocks were in the mid 1990's. 1995 2.3L engine had an oil pump in place of the auxillary shaft no fuel pump boss. The DIS engines which had an oil pump drive in the dist hole. They also had the fuel pump boss that can be opened up. Some of the fuel pump bosses were also not drilled and tapped.