Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default boggs incident at county line, what should have been done??

hoping bbqboy might chime in on this one since he was there. when the 99 car came onto the track out of nowhere and pushed boggs to the infield while he was leading, shouldn't the flagman have immediately thrown the caution flag?? the more I watch that video, the more aggravated I become that the track and or series officials just let it go giving Roberts the lead and ultimately the victory. any opinions on this??
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

I don't have DoD anymore so cant comment but The Last True Outlaw is a force to be reckoned with for sure...... OUTLAW being the keyword, can win with the best of the best at any given track...JMO...

Quote Originally Posted by MadDad Racing View Post
    I don't have DoD anymore so cant comment but The Last True Outlaw is a force to be reckoned with for sure...... OUTLAW being the keyword, can win with the best of the best at any given track...JMO...
    The whole deal was bizarre, and Boggs deserved to be p1ssed. That being said, he had a bunch of laps to run Roberts down and pass him. He never did.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

What was Hardy thinking flying out of the pits in front of the entire field like that? That was a bonehead, selfish move that could have been much uglier. The caution absolutely should have been thrown immediately because Hardy was a danger to the entire field. I like Roberts but that was absolutely favoritism on the track's part and the series' part.

After watching it, I agree something should have been done and the yellow thrown to reset the field. Hardy made a stupid move coming back out like that! If he would have just stayed high, it might not have been so bad. But, to turn immediately to the bottom and in front of the leader? Absolutely, a very stupid move!

Quote Originally Posted by t3r3e3 View Post
    The whole deal was bizarre, and Boggs deserved to be p1ssed. That being said, he had a bunch of laps to run Roberts down and pass him. He never did.
    I wasn't there nor have I seen the video, but maybe the car just wasn't the same after the incident.... Maybe, I don't know...

I was there and yes the yellow should have been thrown. The 99 car endangered several lives when he pulled back onto the track. Any smart driver knows not to pull back out under the green. I believe he did it on purpose to try and take Jackie out. The 99 had a tire go down and thought Jackie done it. However, it was the white 8 car that actually got into the 99. No one at the track could give a straight answer on why the yellow wasn't thrown. They all wanted to point fingers at each other.

I was in the hot pit area and missed the incident when 99 pulled back on to the track.......I can tell you that Jackie made a fantastic pass to get by the 101.....I can also tell you that they acted like true professionals after the race considering the circumstances.

Sure , Jackie was pissed.........I've read a lot of stuff over the years about the b4 , I was completely impressed by the way they handled themselves this past weekend, I'm a new big fan.

Oh, and that guy can wheel the hell out of it and the motor man don't do too bad either..........good guys, caught a bad break.......the whole thing was just bizarre.

I'm hoping that hardy was just confused about where to go and wasn't just trying to be a knucklehead.......hats off to the team from Grayson, first time ever at the track and made a bunch of new fans.......nice job guys.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

It wasn't the 99 Fault where you coming into the track in turn 2 you can't see at all you go up hill and drop into the race track there was a turn marshall there that waved him into the race track. I've run there I don't like that entrance at all its dangerous they should make them come into turn 4. He was waved onto the track by the official. So blame the official if you want to blame anyone. I don't know if you're a lap down why you would return anyways but still as bad as it looked It wasn't malicious

Pretty sure they were all told to pit in the hot pit area, maybe the 99 just missed those instructions ...either way, good to know it wasn't malicious and tough break for him with the D8 incident/ flat too, he was rolling pretty good all weekend.

Sux for Jackie, but those guys are very cool and that pass he made to get the lead was nothing short of masterful.........was good to see he and Casey shake hands and give each other the thumbs up for the clean driving exhibition they both gave each other.

Nice job fellers.......

You can comment all you want,but here is what should have been done.

#1 Caution flag should have been thrown

#2 99 car D-QUED

#3 Bottom line is this,Track favoritism no doubt about it.
    you just got greased
    http://www.goddardwarrior.net

I can answer why the yellow wasn't thrown. Anyone that asked me got the answer.

I did not see the 99 car enter the track in turn 4. I was looking mid pack at a couple of cars that had made contact exiting turn 2. When I looked back to that corner the 101 had already passed for the lead. I thought the 99 was a lapped car and that the 4B had just got picked behind him. A caution would not be thrown for that reason in any racing series I am aware of. It was not until the next yellow flag came out (2 laps later for a separate incident) that I was informed by track officials that the 99 had re-entered the track in turn 4. There is no series rule against returning to the track. Not going to the hot pit however negated his courtesy laps. It would not have mattered who was leading or who was 2nd - in that split second with the information I had at the time - no one was stopped on the track and there was no debris - I didn't have cause to throw the yellow.

The 99 was sent off the track under the yellow as he re-entered against the directive of a track official to stop. Hardy contends that he was waved to go ahead. I am not sure if he misunderstood the directive in his haste to stay on the lead lap or what happened.

I was there, too. And it seemed that everyone was caught off-guard. It was a strange situation because it involved the battle for the lead, and ultimately the race winner. They ran several laps after the 99 had pulled back out, before waving the caution, and re-aligning the field. I agree, that backstretch pit entrance is blind and should not be allowed during racing conditions. According to the race announcer, the 99 was DQ'd was because he left the track, and then re-entered, apparently a violation of the ULTIMATE rules.

To my knowledge it was told to all drivers in the driver's meeting that if you go off the track and not to the hot pit area you were not allowed back on the track maybe he didn't go to the drivers meeting

I led the drivers meeting. The only information regarding the hot pit discussed was if they wanted courtesy laps for a flat tire they would have to go to the hot pit area in the infield. The was no rule to prevent anyone that had not been disqualified from re-entering.

Quote Originally Posted by lazermod3 View Post
    You can comment all you want,but here is what should have been done.

#1 Caution flag should have been thrown

#2 99 car D-QUED

#3 Bottom line is this,Track favoritism no doubt about it.
    I'll give you 1 and 2 maybe, but 3 isn't even close.......clearly you haven't had much dealings with the ultimate guys, they don't play like that.

Everybody involved at the track acted like professionals about it....( was just a missed split second call)......probably too much to ask that everybody on 4 m do the same.

I'm pretty sure everybody knows how I feel about the 101 team, it was fantastic watching them battle with the 4 b.........even in victory lane the 101 acknowledged that the outcome should have and could have been a little bit different had Jackie not gotten boogered up by the hardy re enter.

Would have been a perfect chance for the 4b to verbally burn down the place and rant and unprofessionally rave about how he was done dirty by the track and the ultimate guys.

And that never happened..............

I hope this opens a lot of people's eyes around the country about all the bad rumors you hear about him. Seriously the nicest guy you will ever meet in the pits and on the track.

Quote Originally Posted by 71PRPFan View Post
    I hope this opens a lot of people's eyes around the country about all the bad rumors you hear about him. Seriously the nicest guy you will ever meet in the pits and on the track.
    I'm 100% convinced of that..............of course, people say the exact same thing about me too, lol.

Kidding aside, what he didn't say or do after the incident on the track says as much about him/them as what he did say or do all weekend.

And not sure if I mentioned it or not, but dam guy is a freaking wheelman..........county line isn't the easiest place to get around your first time there.

Been going to dirt racing for 45 years seen the leader lose the race because of a stupid move by a lap car more times then I can count. Never seen a caution thrown. I'm sure boggs won a few races by lap cars getting in the way of the leader I'm sure he wasn't screaming for a caution then. If Casey was leading and a caution was thrown I'm sure people would be screaming favoritism. $hit happens on a race track some time it cost you sometime it benefits you. Look at Knoxville with Owens getting in the way of the leaders and changed the out come of the race.

The race director (Kelley Carlton) said above that he didn't see that particular moment in the race so I don't think anyone really wants the race dictated by hearsay, do you? A young driver, unfamiliar with the track, made a mistake and as tsand said, it's happened countless times. Boggs was unfortunate but it is what it is. The only thing that does sting is the comment that the track showed "favoritism". Who was this dunce?