Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeX3 View Post
    That's what makes the most sense. A logical series of events would be Bowyer and Francis agree to split. Francis hooks up with Logan and contact Valvoline. They agree on a primary sponsorship deal. Sheppard is informed they are moving to Francis. B-Shep talks to his buddies over at Best Performance. They give him a trial run at the World Finals. They are pleased. They say "we got ya covered". Announcements are made.

No chance Valvoline is gonna leave Richards and as DirtDobber said, that keeps their presence is both series. It really makes sense if you see the way the piece fell.
    Again, it's not set in stone that Francis will run the LOLMDS. His series options are very much up in the air. Also, Valvoline is an associate on Steve's car.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    Again, it's not set in stone that Francis will run the LOLMDS. His series options are very much up in the air. Also, Valvoline is an associate on Steve's car.
    It would make the most sense for him to run the WoO, the money difference really isn't much at all, especially when you take into account the level of competition. I think Steve could be a contender for the championship on the WoO because really there are only two people I would say have been better than Steve in the past 3-4 years running that tour. On the LOLMDS there are at least 5-6 that have been better than Steve in that same period. That is assuming that nobody else new joins the WoO, or defects from the LOLMDS to the WoO.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

https://www.facebook.com/SteveFranci...358729/?type=3
    On twitter and FB earlier. Valvoline associate, primary sponsor coming and will decide series based on exposure.

Maybe Valvoline will be primary for some races and associate on others, thus the confusion. When all we have to discuss is sponsorship, as someone said in another thread, it's gonna be a long off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    It was an assumption and they are incorrect. This really isn't a big deal guys. Valvoline will be on the car as an associate. A sponsor announcement will come soon.
    I checked the Dirt Wire post and it now reads "with sponsorship from Valvoline", so either they changed it or I'm a numb nut. I'd say the latter has a better change of being correct. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    He hasn't decided which series.
    If I were to bet, I would say WOO.

Francis just needs to run locally, within 100 to 150 miles from home at all the 5 & 10K races. His best days are behind him and he could make some serious money by not running a series.

Steve Francis Motorsports

7 hrs ·

There's alot of speculation regarding what series I'm running and Valvoline's role for next year. Valvoline's support will be an associate on my car. Also, I'm still undecided on what series I'll be running. It all depends on sponsorship and their needs. There are a few things working right now, once everything is confirmed and signed. We'll make an announcement.
    I really do appreciate everyone talking about it. I'm excited about our program for next year and partnering with Tim. Until then, I hope that everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by In The Gas View Post
    Francis just needs to run locally, within 100 to 150 miles from home at all the 5 & 10K races. His best days are behind him and he could make some serious money by not running a series.
    Honestly this. There's a ton of 5-10k shows within 3 hours of Ashland with a couple over 20k sprinkled in there too

Here it is folks.

Beautiful car. Really nice looking ride. Someone else had posted a similar pic of it in another thread. Hope Optima doesn't bail on ECJ as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by 71PRPFan View Post
    Honestly this. There's a ton of 5-10k shows within 3 hours of Ashland with a couple over 20k sprinkled in there too
    There will also be the Battle of the Bluegrass series this season. I doubt he'd run that full-time, but I'm sure the locals would love it if he could work a few of those races into his schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    If I were to bet, I would say WOO.
    It makes more sense. At worst, Francis is the 4th or 5th best car on the WoO tour as it stands. With a good year he's top 3 with Richards and Clanton. Better to be a top dog on WoO than a mid pack points car in Lucas.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post

Here it is folks.
    Sharp car. Wrap is better than Carrier or O'Neal had for the Optima colors.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Definitely my favorite of the optima cars as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeX3 View Post
    Beautiful car. Really nice looking ride. Someone else had posted a similar pic of it in another thread. Hope Optima doesn't bail on ECJ as a result.
    They did bail on ECJ.

Francis running Lucas in 2016

He is required to run the Lucas Deal because it's one of the tours sponsors. WoO is out of the question.