Default GM Pro Series WP for Crates

Question: Looking for a new Water Pump and I see the GM Pro Series that Stewart is selling. Says less than 2 hp @ 50GPM. So has anyone tested this on a crate? I mean we are cutting off fan blades to reduce drag and save HP? Kinda spendy, so just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    nobody is cutting off fan blades for less drag, the are cut off for more cooling
    Ya OK, So you dont have any input on the WP? That was the question. I was always under the impression that a GM 4 blade fan robbed approx 10rwhp verses no fan and a 2 blade robbs approx 5 rwhp verses no fan and a 2 blade doesnt "cool better" it obviously moves 1/2 the air due to surface area loss. It just ends up restricting less air through the rad "at race speed" and therefore you can maintain your cooling and may see a gain, but at lower rpm and speed, it doesnt cool as well because it cant move as much air. But ........ fans have been discussed at length. I would just like to know about this WP if anyone has and input on that.

obviousy lol...no, your wrong. the 2 blade pulls much more air at idle and race speed and that clearly cools better...If all your going to do is guess and quote a for sale add by hendren then yes the water pump is for you then you can say you have all that hp also.I have chassis dyno compared the fans as well as no fan and hendrens #s in their add are not accurate.
    Dude, get over yourself. All I want to know is if anyone has done any tests on this pump. You Obviously have not! I could give a rats a$$ about your opinion on the fan. If I wanted your opinion on the fan I would have asked for it. This is a post about a waterpump.

not worried about which fans, just get you some of these bad boys and you can run whatever you want.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/602-Crate-en...467029?vxp=mtr

no opinion, just facts here..
    Ya your dyno numbers are the only ones that are right and everyone else is wrong. Might be time to upgrade your dyno there Skippy!

no opinion, just facts here..

you definitely need the water pump its "obviously" better..

I think their standard wp takes 2.0001 hp
    I wouldn't use that piece of junk!

That 1/10,000 hp it robs, will cost you a WIN! LOL
    Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep.