Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SHOE32 View Post
    Yeah maybe I should repost thread.getting back on subject,Brandon needs to take number5 with him because that is good marketing for his old sponsors,and fans,and for tv watchers recognising him from last year
    I would assume he will get to keep his number. Anyone else that has driven for that team has kept their own digits.

I may be way behind things here but Is sheppard going to drive for someone else in 16?

Quote Originally Posted by rickybrown1952 View Post
    I may be way behind things here but Is sheppard going to drive for someone else in 16?
    At Charlotte Brandon drove Matts back up car during the world finals. Earlier this week, it was said that Westfall and team parted ways. It hasn't been released yet from either side of its for sure that BShep will be that car or not.

It's weird to me that they cut Westfall free, he has done well in anything he has driven. He isn't hard on stuff and is a contender. Shep may be a better choice, but who's to say Westfall couldn't be as good in time to come?

Here is the problem with local tracks. We all pay 15 dollars to get in the gates beer and food is an OK price but what are we really watching? A bunch of junk. You have about 10 to 15 supers and there is probably only 3 or 4 that win all the time at the same tracks. Same goes with modifieds. Then your left with a bunch of street stocks and bombers an 4 cylinders. Which I may add that the tracks love cause they bring in pit gate money. Now the price of racing is sky high and with all the money they could be paying the drivers they just put it in their pockets. There is no reason that places in the St Louis area such as tri city, I-55, highland etc can't pay their supers 2500 to 3 grand every weekend. Regional series is helping alot for instance look at the summer nationals. All the talented drivers in Illinois and Indiana etc. The real problem is the promoters in this sport. Ya that's great we have LOLMDS AND WOO but it also helps we have the mars series and summernationals. But the weekly local tracks ultimately need to pay out more cash. No questions asked

Quote Originally Posted by largecar139 View Post
    Here is the problem with local tracks. We all pay 15 dollars to get in the gates beer and food is an OK price but what are we really watching? A bunch of junk. You have about 10 to 15 supers and there is probably only 3 or 4 that win all the time at the same tracks. Same goes with modifieds. Then your left with a bunch of street stocks and bombers an 4 cylinders. Which I may add that the tracks love cause they bring in pit gate money. Now the price of racing is sky high and with all the money they could be paying the drivers they just put it in their pockets. There is no reason that places in the St Louis area such as tri city, I-55, highland etc can't pay their supers 2500 to 3 grand every weekend. Regional series is helping alot for instance look at the summer nationals. All the talented drivers in Illinois and Indiana etc. The real problem is the promoters in this sport. Ya that's great we have LOLMDS AND WOO but it also helps we have the mars series and summernationals. But the weekly local tracks ultimately need to pay out more cash. No questions asked
    I think this translates into Yes. Brandon will be in a new ride.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    At Charlotte Brandon drove Matts back up car during the world finals. Earlier this week, it was said that Westfall and team parted ways. It hasn't been released yet from either side of its for sure that BShep will be that car or not.

It's weird to me that they cut Westfall free, he has done well in anything he has driven. He isn't hard on stuff and is a contender. Shep may be a better choice, but who's to say Westfall couldn't be as good in time to come?
    Couldn't agree more. Fast qualifier at the Dream and was running decent in feature until 10 to go. Wins Buckeye Late Model week. Made the Knoxville Nationals. 2nd in prelim feature at the World. Was leading Bmain at World Finals before nose got bent under. And to cap it off, a track champion at Eldora.

Had a very very solid 1st year running with the best in the country. Didn't get a win, but had a very good year. Big mistake by BPM in my opinion.

Yeah, I think westfall kind of got a raw deal.I thought he did really well.I don't really know much about him but his results were pretty good.But I am a fan of Midwestern drivers,and Brandon is a helluva driver,so I hope he does get the ride.And I wish good luck to westfall too.

If Westfall wants to go LM racing, someone will pick him up. I think it is more a question of whether he can earn a living doing it without Best Performance behind him.

Most people on here probably followed the story of Best Performance and Sheppard leading up to and following the World Finals, so it isn't worth writing it out. The facts are that Shep was gushing over working with Randle Edwards. Edwards is calling the shots at Best Performance per Brock's comment in Kovak's piece on DoD. Westfall has been released. What remains is speculation, but it's common sense.

If you're Brock/Best Performance you want to get the most media/PR for your sponsors as possible. You release Westfall to get the speculation started and build some buzz around what they will do next. Normally that wouldn't get a lot of attention, but what with it being the off-season and people have nothing else to talk about the timing is perfect. They wait until the next big media event, which is PRI. They hold a press conference and Shep is trotted out in front of the cameras. It puts some extra focus on the team and the sponsors. That's a smart move.

Westfall certainly did a fine job as a 38 year old rookie, but Shep is 16 years younger and has the potential to be one of the faces of DLMR for decades to come. If you only have enough money to back one driver and you have a chance to lock up a 23 year old budding star who will appeal to that key 18-34 year old demographic that sponsors want, from a business standpoint the choice is easy.

And as far as Westfall goes, with his resume it won't be hard finding a ride somewhere. If Best was going to make a move at least they didn't hang him out to dry by waiting until after the holidays. He'll have the entire off-season to get a deal done. You have to hate it for him, but I'm sure he'll land on all fours.
    Last edited by SnakeX3; 11-24-2015 at 08:39 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeX3 View Post
    If Westfall wants to go LM racing, someone will pick him up. I think it is more a question of whether he can earn a living doing it without Best Performance behind him.

Most people on here probably followed the story of Best Performance and Sheppard leading up to and following the World Finals, so it isn't worth writing it out. The facts are that Shep was gushing over working with Randle Edwards. Edwards is calling the shots at Best Performance per Brock's comment in Kovak's piece on DoD. Westfall has been released. What remains is speculation, but it's common sense.

If you're Brock/Best Performance you want to get the most media/PR for your sponsors as possible. You release Westfall to get the speculation started and build some buzz around what they will do next. Normally that wouldn't get a lot of attention, but what with it being the off-season and people have nothing else to talk about the timing is perfect. They wait until the next big media event, which is PRI. They hold a press conference and Shep is trotted out in front of the cameras. It puts some extra focus on the team and the sponsors. That's a smart move.

Westfall certainly did a fine job as a 38 year old rookie, but Shep is 16 years younger and has the potential to be one of the faces of DLMR for decades to come. If you only have enough money to back one driver and you have a chance to lock up a 23 year old budding star who will appeal to that key 18-34 year old demographic that sponsors want, from a business standpoint the choice is easy.

And as far as Westfall goes, with his resume it won't be hard finding a ride somewhere. If Best was going to make a move at least they didn't hang him out to dry by waiting until after the holidays. He'll have the entire off-season to get a deal done. You have to hate it for him, but I'm sure he'll land on all fours.
    You make this sound all professional and NASCAR-like. What national sponsors does Best have? Honestly, this past year was the first they really upper their profile much.

I get everything you say. But, as I see it, we essentially folded two teams into one and there is one less super LM out there now. With the lack of rides out there, I am uncertain that Westfall will get a ride at near that level. Sure, I would have a ride for him at Moler Raceway Park on a regular Friday night.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    You make this sound all professional and NASCAR-like. What national sponsors does Best have? Honestly, this past year was the first they really upper their profile much.I get everything you say. But, as I see it, we essentially folded two teams into one and there is one less super LM out there now. With the lack of rides out there, I am uncertain that Westfall will get a ride at near that level. Sure, I would have a ride for him at Moler Raceway Park on a regular Friday night.
    This past year was really the first time Best tried to make a run at a large Super Late team. I don't know that they need a national sponsor. Best has fielded a super and Mod for Bab(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) and a Wingless and Mod for Westfall up until last year. That doesn't sound like a team that spares expense plus addition of Randall Edwards and scaling back to Just Late Models has been the big difference. IMHO. But I think Jeff Bab(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) is still associated with Best so maybe he will be coming back to the team and run second car. I think this could be great for Brandon and he's proven winner. It was really just him and one full time guy and finished 6th in Lucas points. I think Edwards was his crew Cheif when he was in the house car when they Won the DTWC and Randall showed this year he can make those Best Cars go this year with the success and schedule they ran.

I wouldn't bet on Brandon just yet! Don't think its out of the realm for them to sign, Kent Robinson, Wayne Chinn, John Henry, Dustin Linville, Rusty Schlenk or maybe even Chris Ferguson. Brandon has a good car and help from Valvoline.

Id like to see Fergy get the ride

The Valvoline deal isnt a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    I wouldn't bet on Brandon just yet! Don't think its out of the realm for them to sign, Kent Robinson, Wayne Chinn, John Henry, Dustin Linville, Rusty Schlenk or maybe even Chris Ferguson. Brandon has a good car and help from Valvoline.
    Robinson isn't going anywhere, he drives his own stuff, and races when he wants. Out of those guys have listed here, I would just take Matt over any of them. Fergy isn't going to take a ride for a car in Ohio wen he works a full time job in NC.

I looks to me like sheppards stuff is nicer than the best performance stuff .. Seems like a downgrade for him unless they are just tired of spending that kind of money

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    I looks to me like sheppards stuff is nicer than the best performance stuff .. Seems like a downgrade for him unless they are just tired of spending that kind of money
    Just out of curiosity, what leads you to believe that?

Does anyone know what car B-Shepp will be in at the Wild West Shootout? Will he be in his stuff or the BP car?

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    Going from Westfall to Chinn, Henry or Schlenk would be a downgrade as far as the driver goes. In my opinion.

sheppard will be in his family owned stuff in the wild west shootout and will be in the best performance car running the complete lucus oil tour. per DOD also keeping the B5 as his number

Too many people are hung on car numbers.