Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pierce DNQ tonight @ Homestead...

Didn't turn a good enough lap in qualifying and missed tonights Truck race at Homestead...

Let the drama fly.
    Just anotha guy on 4m who think's they know what they're talking about...

bummerGo Tyler
    8/13/16

still a great year kid...

He will be just fine. I would like to see him do sh!tty though so he stays on dirt because he will win a lot of races if he does. I think he'd clean up on the woo tour

Quote Originally Posted by waaac77 View Post
    He will be just fine. I would like to see him do sh!tty though so he stays on dirt because he will win a lot of races if he does. I think he'd clean up on the woo tour
    Clean up???

Quote Originally Posted by edavis71 View Post
    Clean up???
    Clean up = win a bunch of races and basically kick a bunch of ass

I like the kid a lot and wish him the best in whatever form of racing he is/will be in, but don't you think if "He" thought he'd clean up he'd have already been there, done that? Remember the ROY attempt on the Lucas tour? It didn't last long. He and his family are smart though. There is something to be said for "cleaning up" all summer long within a reasonable drive of your home/shop....i.e. - Summer Nationals, etc.

At least in the final standings,Bobby finished ahead of Rico Abreu.Rico finished 53rd in the standings and Bobby finished 39th. Not to bad for less then 5 starts. Where ever he chooses to race good luck.!

...and Rico had only 2 starts.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    I like the kid a lot and wish him the best in whatever form of racing he is/will be in, but don't you think if "He" thought he'd clean up he'd have already been there, done that? Remember the ROY attempt on the Lucas tour? It didn't last long. He and his family are smart though. There is something to be said for "cleaning up" all summer long within a reasonable drive of your home/shop....i.e. - Summer Nationals, etc.
    It isn't like he was doing horrible on the Lucas tour. Neither was Moran this year when he dropped off.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Default Not Sure What The Point Is

Hmmm. Is there some sort of contest among Pierce and Abreu as to who climbs the ladder the quickest or is it just oneupmanship conjured up by fans? If so, up till now Abreu is way out in the lead given that in 11 starts he already has 3 poles and a win in K&N All Pro East competition in addition to his 2 truck starts.
    Last edited by CIRF; 11-21-2015 at 10:42 AM.

Bla bla bla bla bla Bla 10 hole people thinks hes great 10 hole people thinks he $ucks.....What ever he does wish him well... But if he dont O well.....

Quote Originally Posted by Baddboy1 View Post
    At least in the final standings,Bobby finished ahead of Rico Abreu.Rico finished 53rd in the standings and Bobby finished 39th. Not to bad for less then 5 starts. Where ever he chooses to race good luck.!
    Lmao, Rico ran 2 races, Bobby ran 3.
    Just anotha guy on 4m who think's they know what they're talking about...

what's kinda funny is when Bobby got this ride a lot of people talked about how the ride was junk and inferior equipment to be able to compete and now that he misses a race in that same ride something is wrong with him???

I really don't see where anyone is going with this thread. This is a under funded race team struggling to do the best they can with what they have. Bobby drove their truck to the best finish they ever had. If it was a miracle or just Bobby's experience on dirt, still good for them. When they go to asphalt and longer tracks, where Bobby's experience is negated and they run where they usually do, it's not a surprise. It's darn hard to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, harder yet to make a diamond from a horse turd. They tried and came awfully close, considering the odds against them. Bobby, the truck owners and even the sponsors have nothing to hang their head about. The underdogs gave it a valiant try, something that has become rare in NASCAR, a place of franchises and start and parks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    I really don't see where anyone is going with this thread. This is a under funded race team struggling to do the best they can with what they have. Bobby drove their truck to the best finish they ever had. If it was a miracle or just Bobby's experience on dirt, still good for them. When they go to asphalt and longer tracks, where Bobby's experience is negated and they run where they usually do, it's not a surprise. It's darn hard to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, harder yet to make a diamond from a horse turd. They tried and came awfully close, considering the odds against them. Bobby, the truck owners and even the sponsors have nothing to hang their head about. The underdogs gave it a valiant try, something that has become rare in NASCAR, a place of franchises and start and parks.
    Great assessment.

And as far as comparing Rico and Bobby and who will get to the top level first, lets remember one thing. Rico's family owns a vineyard.
    8/13/16

Anyone who has watched Abreu over the past 3 or 4 seasons knows that money can't buy the talent and guts he has displayed. He could be the son of Donald Trump or a destitute orphan and either way, when a driver wins like Rico has they'll be on quite a few owners short lists. Keith Kunz is a better judge of talent than anyone that posts here and Rico's been with KKM for several years now

Same goes for young Pierce. If he continues to show the right people that he has the potential to cut it in the big time someone will hire him. Hopefully that happens for several reasons, not the least of which is that he was born, raised and and made his name in racing not far from us and we've watched him race since he was 14 or 15 years old.

Kyle Larson and Christopher Bell (who both drove KKM midgets and Larson drove a KKM USAC Silver Crown car) got full time NASCAR rides without their families being loaded and Pierce can too, if he's good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Anyone who has watched Abreu over the past 3 or 4 seasons knows that money can't buy the talent and guts he has displayed. He could be the son of Donald Trump or a destitute orphan and either way, when a driver wins like Rico has they'll be on quite a few owners short lists. Keith Kunz is a better judge of talent than anyone that posts here and Rico's been with KKM for several years now

Same goes for young Pierce. If he continues to show the right people that he has the potential to cut it in the big time someone will hire him. Hopefully that happens for several reasons, not the least of which is that he was born, raised and and made his name in racing not far from us and we've watched him race since he was 14 or 15 years old.

Kyle Larson and Christopher Bell (who both drove KKM midgets and Larson drove a KKM USAC Silver Crown car) got full time NASCAR rides without their families being loaded and Pierce can too, if he's good enough.
    Great post as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by TackyTracker View Post
    what's kinda funny is when Bobby got this ride a lot of people talked about how the ride was junk and inferior equipment to be able to compete and now that he misses a race in that same ride something is wrong with him???
    The other funny thing is, if Bobby doesnt do well, the equipment is inferior. If Bobby does well, he is a great driver.

Cant hardly go wrong there.

Some say they hope he doesn't show well so he stays with dirt. Personally I'd like to see him move up the ladder, demonstrate that a talented driver can ascend through the ranks, show others that the dirt world is worth putting their efforts in to. For every Tyler Red(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) that moves on I have to think there are a couple of up and comers that saw how he got there and may try to duplicate his path. And Abreu is a rare breed, anyone that can cause me to pay attention to sprint cars is way beyond the norm.