Default Former late model guy has chance to win nascar championship tomorrow

Kyles crew chief is a former dirt late model racer well known in the southern Ohio area. Adam Stevens former southern track champ, ran the northern all star deal for a few months, made the 99 dream by winning the 3rd heat over Freddy smith. He ran late models for about 4 years, raced carter county,thunder mountain, southern ,k-c ,Portsmouth , eldora , etc. His father is a former late model guy as well the late Greg Stevens, I just thought I would share that with some of you. Here is a guy that gave up dirt late models to chase his dream,good luck tomorrow buddy I hope you guys get it done.

did not know greg passed away. #31

I'm glad to see a small time guy like Adam make it big, didn't know about Greg passing either. They were both household names at prp in the 90s.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 11-22-2015 at 03:17 AM. Reason: spell check got me......like always

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I'm glad to see a small time guy like Adam make it big, didn't know about Greg passing either. They were both household names at prp in the 90s.
    Greg passed away about 5 years ago from cancer. Greg was very proud of what Adam had accomplished, he had the chance to join Adam at several races while coming up through the nascar ranks. Adam worked for his dad's roofing company in the summer and he could play racecar a night when the crew would arrive back at the shop, anybody knows anything about roofing knows it's anything but easy. He earned the right to drive a racecar through hard work,his dad wasn't easy on him, but I bet he is smiling down on him today probably thinking my son has a shot to win a championship in the biggest sports in the world NASCAR, unreal. So today while or if you watch the race cheer him and his team on as they try to capture a title. Adam you make the people of southern Ohio very proud

Congratulations team Gibbs and Adam Stevens

I seen someone uploaded this on facebook earlier.

Congrats to Adam, Kyle, and the rest of the team.

I'm certain I remember the blue 31A car. Good stuff!

saw the stevens construction cars race at prp several times and a couple times at kc back in the 90's. congrats to adam!!
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Congrats to him and very cool. Good article too, ty.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.