Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default App Mtn Speedweek schedule

Appalachian Mountain Speedweek Presented by CenturyLink

1 hr ·

We've been working real hard for our fans and drivers but it seems the tracks down south don't like what we do and move their dates to schedule against us on the weekend we have used since 2009. It just hurts everyone.

2016 Appalachian Mtn Speedweek
    June 3rd - Bedford Speedway
    June 4th - Port Royal Speedway
    June 5th - Path Valley Speedway
    June 6th - Path Valley (Rain Date)
    June 9th - Hesston Speedway
    June 10th - TBA
    June 11th - Hagerstown Speedway
    June 12th - Selinsgrove Speedway

Thanks to everyone for all your support.

I wonder what he's talking about with "the tracks down south".
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Winchester, Va. comes to mind. Potomac might be correct too. Pi$$ing contest

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Winchester, Va. comes to mind. Potomac might be correct too. Pi$$ing contest
    You're probably right, but neither has released a schedule yet.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    You're probably right, but neither has released a schedule yet.
    Just seen where the Ultimate series and VMS are doing a 4 race mini series the first weekend of June. $4,000 to win at Georgetown, $5,000 to win races at Winchester and Potomac, and $15,000 to win at VMS. Plus a points fund for the top 15 drivers in points for the 4 races if the driver attends all 4..

Quote Originally Posted by CrankedUp90 View Post
    Just seen where the Ultimate series and VMS are doing a 4 race mini series the first weekend of June. $4,000 to win at Georgetown, $5,000 to win races at Winchester and Potomac, and $15,000 to win at VMS. Plus a points fund for the top 15 drivers in points for the 4 races if the driver attends all 4..
    Thanks, that helps clear matters up.

That sucks. I think it will affect AMS more so than ultimate, lot of quality regional racers in mid-atlantic

Well so much for that "commitment" pro dirt car spoke of just a few short weeks ago ! Seems a good series promoter could get it done ! Hate to say it but 007 was right again !!!!!!

Great to see the schedules start to come together. However, I can't understand why the AMS Speedweek and the Ultimate series have to be scheduled on top of one another. It is ridiculous. Already have the whole Hagerstown vs. Winchester thing and now this. No wonder the racing in the area is struggling. How about working together to improve things? There are plenty of other weekends during the race season...starting with maybe the third week of June? I sure hope something can be worked out as this is a bad deal for the fans and racers and it shouldn't be as both mini-series have the potential to be great for everybody.

So.. Nearly all the tracks involved in Speedweek are in PA except for Hagerstown which is in Maryland of course.. I highly doubt will have anyway impact on VMS's scheduling overtop of AMS..Since AMS has used the 1st weekend in June since AMS started.. The tracks involved in AMS do work together.. Port Royal isn't racing late models the following Saturday night after their race.. Don't see Bedford racing supers on the following Friday night after their AMS race.. So tell me.. What tracks aren't working together ???
    Last edited by 06Tireman; 11-22-2015 at 12:12 PM.

also think lucas is at Florence same weekend as some of those races in june

Quote Originally Posted by 06Tireman View Post
    So.. Nearly all the tracks involved in Speedweek are out of PA except for Hagerstown which I highly doubt will have anyway impact on VMS's scheduling overtop of AMS..Since AMS has used the 1st weekend in June since AMS started.. The tracks involved in AMS do work together.. Port Royal isn't racing late models the following Saturday night after their race.. Don't see Bedford racing supers on the following Friday night after their AMS race.. So tell me.. What tracks aren't working together ???
    So Hagerstown is in pa ?

So are you saying the ultimate series had this series of races already scheduled for a different week or weekend and then moved it on purpose to conflict with yours?

This actually does effect quite a few drivers/teams. Jason Covert, Mark and Kenny Pettyjohn just to mention a few. So instead of these teams having a chance to compete in 2 different series in there area, they are once again forced to choose. Speedweeks was born to give the mid-Atlantic racers and fans a miniseries that had solid schedule and payouts. The Maryland and Delaware drivers travel to the Pa and Virginia tracks weekly so I just wish promoters would keep this in mind when scheduling over top of each other.

dirtman so good to hear from you.

Just to clear things up, I said we have got a great group of promoters that have agreed to work together. Joe Padula, Steve O'Neal, John Winsett, Steve Inch, Ernie Davis, Kevin Johnson etc. have been great all agreeing not to run late models on each others night so we can have a competitive fun Speedweek for fans and drivers. This group of guys and their staffs just try to make this deal work and I can't thank them enough. As a Speedweek we can not control what others do. We can just stay consistent and not bounce all over the calendar. We have started Speedweek the Friday after Memorial Day since it started in 2009. We just try to do the best we can understanding that we have failed you personally.

I believe it was you that asked if they moved their date (If it was not you that asked, I apologize). You can look it up but I can tell you the 2015 USA 100 at VMS was May 16th. I know that because I supported it and was in attendance.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by prodirtcar32 View Post
    dirtman so good to hear from you.

Just to clear things up, I said we have got a great group of promoters that have agreed to work together. Joe Padula, Steve O'Neal, John Winsett, Steve Inch, Ernie Davis, Kevin Johnson etc. have been great all agreeing not to run late models on each others night so we can have a competitive fun Speedweek for fans and drivers. This group of guys and their staffs just try to make this deal work and I can't thank them enough. As a Speedweek we can not control what others do. We can just stay consistent and not bounce all over the calendar. We have started Speedweek the Friday after Memorial Day since it started in 2009. We just try to do the best we can understanding that we have failed you personally.

I believe it was you that asked if they moved their date (If it was not you that asked, I apologize). You can look it up but I can tell you the 2015 USA 100 at VMS was May 16th. I know that because I supported it and was in attendance.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    You have not failed me personally ! I was only trying to point out that when I asked if speed week would actually happen in 2016 that getting certain tracks to not schedule at the same time would be tough ! You tried to act as if I was crazy for suggesting such a thing ! Well it turns out I was correct and not crazy! Is VMS calling that final race of the series "the USA 100 " or will that race be run @ a different time ?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtMAN007 View Post
    You have not failed me personally ! I was only trying to point out that when I asked if speed week would actually happen in 2016 that getting certain tracks to not schedule at the same time would be tough ! You tried to act as if I was crazy for suggesting such a thing ! Well it turns out I was correct and not crazy! Is VMS calling that final race of the series "the USA 100 " or will that race be run @ a different time ?
    Yes. The USA 100 is a part of the series, although Winchester on Sunday night is the last race of the series.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Default Question?

There is a lot talk about tracks and series working together, but there is question that needs to be asked.

Did AMS ask any of the Colonial Cup tracks to participate in in AMS? If the answer is no then I can see why the Colonial Cup was created. If the answer is yes, well there might be more to the story.

In my mind it makes more since for Potomac to work with VMS than any of the PA tracks, but Potomac is a part of the Gunter empire. So Potomac is locked into Winchester's game, which is a lot closer to PA.

I think both of these series will have a good turn outs. AMS, because the PA folks love it. Colonial Cup, because the Southern (Ultimate) guys will follow it, the point fund is decent, and its only 4 days versus the 2 week end deal.

One thing is for sure, Gunter is not afraid to take a risk I just hope all parties succeed.

Everybody loses a little here. There are probably 10 quality teams that will have to choose which series to run. Thats a extra heat race and B mains for the fans as well as more revenue for the tracks. Regional drivers need these higher paying races to survive. AMS has kept there dates pretty much the same through the years so that should have been considered.I can only figure the Ultimate series felt there was a big enough area gap. I appreciate all the tracks taking these financial risks but with a little more planning both series could have been a bigger success.....

As a fan, I want to see all of the best racers going up against each other. This type of scheduling and controversy just lowers my overall interest level and excitement for going to the races. And I have no doubt that it will keep other vacationing fans and national level drivers from coming in and following either series. Hard to believe there is only one week out of the entire racing season that promoters find to be suitable for running a high profile event in our area. Guess that's why I still miss the glory days of going to Hagerstown on a Sunday night and seeing all of the best cars and drivers battle to find out "who has the hot shoe tonight?"
    Last edited by ironboss; 11-23-2015 at 11:18 AM.