Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thank you to all the fans, drivers, tracks and promotional personel that make the AMLMSW ahow posible. I have made my vacation around your series since 2009 and enjoy every minute of it, (event all the rain outs in 2015). The first week/weekends in may have been speedweeks from day one. The rest of our local tracks know it and I see most of the tracks working hard to make it work in 2016. Yes there are a few that have went against it and time will tell how it works for them, but we true speedweek fans may be enough to show them it is a great series and it should be OUR speedweeks. Was really hoping Susky would be one of the tracks but thanks to Bedford, Path Valley, Hesston, Port Royal, Hagerstown, and Selinsgrove for stepping up in 2016. Good luck to all, and we will be there to support all the shows.

Most of theses teams making the event decision would have fell off the AMS tour the weekend of June 9th anyway for The Dream. Covert has already mentioned per dirt on dirt he will be running Eldora Crown Jewels. Not sure about PettyJohn, but he does do Volusia and he was at The World Finals this year. Zeigler, Hubbard, Satterlee, McCreadie, Heckanast Jr., etc. all guys that have run a few AMS tour events will be in Eldora just because it is a prestige event. I am gonna go to what speedweek races I can to support it because I love it. But will hit Eldora to root our PA guys on.

I think the Ultimate Series race will help AMS.. There are guys who may struggle and not make the features who stay away knowing their chances of making the feature are low with the guys like Hubbard, Satterlee, Tmac and so on being there.. They simply just sit at home and sit this deal out.. Really cant blame them.. So the Ultimate Series races the same first weekend of AMS it may bring those guys out to race.. We shall see I guess

Pi$$ on Winchester, Potomac, and the Ultimate Series for being so self absorbed that they couldnt bump back two weeks, to schedule what to me looks like a great little four day deal for teams as well, and also Ultimates furthest trip North. Why would Ultimate arrange to even schedule something like this at this time, unless it was trying to piss someone off. There has to more to this story. I would have assumed that the Ultimate Series looks at all proposed schedules and dates and sees what will work for them and what other races are being run, and said you know what maybe we shouldn't head north and get in the way of the Appalachian speed week. And shame on Virginia Motor Speedway for getting involved as well in the pi$$ing match. They shouldn't ever be in the business of scheduling over other events, especially with where their support has to come from. So FU to everyone involved in this. Instead of rolling out a week or two later for the Colonial Clash we are stuck in a debate, a debate that is lost by the Ultimate Series strictly on what tracks they've aligned themselves with. When you're the only show going its a no brainer. But in the history of racing, unless you're just closer, no ones first choice is ever Potomac, Winchester, or Delaware. They're holes, and the Saluda trip is just a long trip where it normally rains .

Quote Originally Posted by SaddleUpLock&Load View Post
    Pi$$ on Winchester, Potomac, and the Ultimate Series for being so self absorbed that they couldnt bump back two weeks, to schedule what to me looks like a great little four day deal for teams as well, and also Ultimates furthest trip North. Why would Ultimate arrange to even schedule something like this at this time, unless it was trying to piss someone off. There has to more to this story. I would have assumed that the Ultimate Series looks at all proposed schedules and dates and sees what will work for them and what other races are being run, and said you know what maybe we shouldn't head north and get in the way of the Appalachian speed week. And shame on Virginia Motor Speedway for getting involved as well in the pi$$ing match. They shouldn't ever be in the business of scheduling over other events, especially with where their support has to come from. So FU to everyone involved in this. Instead of rolling out a week or two later for the Colonial Clash we are stuck in a debate, a debate that is lost by the Ultimate Series strictly on what tracks they've aligned themselves with. When you're the only show going its a no brainer. But in the history of racing, unless you're just closer, no ones first choice is ever Potomac, Winchester, or Delaware. They're holes, and the Saluda trip is just a long trip where it normally rains .
    I don't disagree with much of your post, but I do have to say Potomac is probably consistently the best racing in the area. If I lived somewhere that I could get there in an hour and a half on a Friday night instead of three hours I would be there just about every week.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Pi$$ on Winchester, Potomac, and the Ultimate Series for being so self absorbed that they couldnt bump back two weeks, to schedule what to me looks like a great little four day deal for teams as well, and also Ultimates furthest trip North. Why would Ultimate arrange to even schedule something like this at this time, unless it was trying to piss someone off. There has to more to this story. I would have assumed that the Ultimate Series looks at all proposed schedules and dates and sees what will work for them and what other races are being run, and said you know what maybe we shouldn't head north and get in the way of the Appalachian speed week. And shame on Virginia Motor Speedway for getting involved as well in the pi$$ing match. They shouldn't ever be in the business of scheduling over other events, especially with where their support has to come from. So FU to everyone involved in this. Instead of rolling out a week or two later for the Colonial Clash we are stuck in a debate, a debate that is lost by the Ultimate Series strictly on what tracks they've aligned themselves with. When you're the only show going its a no brainer. But in the history of racing, unless you're just closer, no ones first choice is ever Potomac, Winchester, or Delaware. They're holes, and the Saluda trip is just a long trip where it normally rains .Saddle....... Well said, and the promoters in all forms of dirt track racing wonder why the sport is dying a slow death.

Fans and drivers are lucky to have both of these miniseries going on. More races equals more purses paid and fans have more options to choose from, maybe save some gas and time. Count your blessings...

Quote Originally Posted by johnE View Post
    Fans and drivers are lucky to have both of these miniseries going on. More races equals more purses paid and fans have more options to choose from, maybe save some gas and time. Count your blessings...
    There isn't enough drivers to go around.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

It Will be interesting to see how this works out. Lots more money to be won by drivers in that area and some extra southern drivers chasing the cash up there, I can't see how that is bad unless carcounts are much less than 24 starters per event.

The speedweek deal should really just change their name to the PA late model speed week. They only have Hagerstown on their schedule outside of PA. Friday you have 4 hours distance between Potomac and Bedford who will be fighting for cars, on Saturday night you have 5 hours distance between Virginia and Port. I think you will see maybe a 3-4 car difference in total numbers for the speedweek for those 3 dates that they clash. Covert and lathroum will probably not race speed weeks because of these races and you might see someone like satterlee and stone race the 4 race ultimate deal. But after that I'm sure you'll see them go to finish the speedweeks unless they go to the dream instead. There will be no shortage of cars that weekend. Both series will have full fields plus some to spare

Quote Originally Posted by Russell W View Post
    The speedweek deal should really just change their name to the PA late model speed week. They only have Hagerstown on their schedule outside of PA. Friday you have 4 hours distance between Potomac and Bedford who will be fighting for cars, on Saturday night you have 5 hours distance between Virginia and Port. I think you will see maybe a 3-4 car difference in total numbers for the speedweek for those 3 dates that they clash. Covert and lathroum will probably not race speed weeks because of these races and you might see someone like satterlee and stone race the 4 race ultimate deal. But after that I'm sure you'll see them go to finish the speedweeks unless they go to the dream instead. There will be no shortage of cars that weekend. Both series will have full fields plus some to spare
    Agreed, the Port, Selinsgrove, Bedford, Hagerstown and Cumberland cars will support AMS while the Winchester, Potomac and regional cars (Satterlee, Stone, Zeigler, etc.) will support the Ultimate series. I think the AMS has wanted to keep the series for the locals (without drivers like Richards, Satterlee, Eckert, etc. coming in and stealing wins) and this will help not hurt them if that is the goal.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by w2racing09 View Post
    agreed, the port, selinsgrove, bedford, hagerstown and cumberland cars will support ams while the winchester, potomac and regional cars (satterlee, stone, zeigler, etc.) will support the ultimate series. I think the ams has wanted to keep the series for the locals (without drivers like richards, satterlee, eckert, etc. Coming in and stealing wins) and this will help not hurt them if that is the goal.

Thanks,
    jeff.
    if that is in fact their goal they have failed miserably since it's beginning !!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    Agreed, the Port, Selinsgrove, Bedford, Hagerstown and Cumberland cars will support AMS while the Winchester, Potomac and regional cars (Satterlee, Stone, Zeigler, etc.) will support the Ultimate series. I think the AMS has wanted to keep the series for the locals (without drivers like Richards, Satterlee, Eckert, etc. coming in and stealing wins) and this will help not hurt them if that is the goal.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Anyone trying to spin this into a positive is lying to themselves. Why should guys like Hubbard,Covert,Pettyjohn,Satterlee, or Stone be forced to make a decision that shouldn't have to be made if Ultimate wouldn't have stepped all over this date. I can't for the life of me figure what the advantage is for Ultimate to even do this. They just got caught in the middle of Greg Gunter d1ck measuring contest with Appalcachion speed week folk. Everyone on here acts like this area is littered with cars and everyone will be ok, where facts are the vast majority of northeastern cars who would support the Ultimate deal are the same ones who year after year support the Appalcachion. There are plenty of dead weekends throughout the summer to do this and gain optimum support for the colonial speed week. But of course Greg Gunter finds himself at the wheel of another endeavor that does nothing but pit track vs track now series vs series and in the end screws the teams that want to participate in all events in the area. He's the only promoter happy to pay 2,000 to win a 10 car late model race as long as he knows he boned another track out if those 10 cars.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtman007 View Post
    if that is in fact their goal they have failed miserably since it's beginning !!!!!!!!!!
    all they need is a few more rain dates and tba and it could b called amsm " appalachian mountain speed month" once again your so right dirtman!! Why is it so hard ?? Both series will lose good quality cars and fans i wish i had that kinda cake 2 throw away

Imagine the irony when I saw this today
    The Hagerstown/Winchester Shoot-Out is Back

The return of one of the biggest, if not the biggest Super Late Model shoot-out in the tri-state, the Hagerstown/Winchester Shoot-Out.

It has been years since these two tracks have had the Hagerstown/Winchester Shoot-out but it’s here. Our promoter Ernie Davis and Winchester’s promoter, Greg Gunter have set this four race event. The dates are scheduled for Friday July 8 at Hagerstown Speedway, and Saturday July 9 at Winchester Speedway. Then reverse with Winchester Speedway on Friday Aug 19 and Hagerstown Speedway on Saturday August 20. These events will be time trials, heat races, B-mains if needed with a 30 lap feature paying $2500 to win with $300 to start.

For more information about the Hagerstown Speedway, visit us online at

Never thought I'd see the day the AMS would fall victim of a coup d'etat but I'm not really surprised, either.
    RACE HARD RACE OFTEN

It is imperative that Hagerstown and Winchester/Potomac work together for the good of the sport in the Mid-Atlantic region. Maybe the Shoot Out is the first in what is hopefully more cooperation between these two promoters.? On another note, does anyone have information on Cumberland reopening again this season....... will it happen or are we still waiting for "new guard rail" to be delivered?

I am guessing that the reason Winchester is no longer invited to the AMS is because Gunter tried to make them take Potomac too. No one wants that. But, Winchester was part of that deal too and is no longer wanted, hmmm. That said, folks blame Gunter when this past year Davis scheduled against Gunter every week. Even the limited lates were scheduled against. So you should blame Davis on this one. I honestly cannot blame Gunter and he does have some regulars that will stay and attend his track. He will also get his normal 200 fans that show. Maybe AMS should invite Winchester back for the first Saturday race and this wouldn't happen. When they ran Sundays they would have the highest car count but what didn't make sense there was most of the cars came from the north and many guys had to work on Monday. So, even though Winchester had the highest car count, was that really fair to all involved? Sorry to ramble, but blaming Winchester for everything wrong with the arrogant promoters is really getting old. They all think they know everything, just ask them!!!