Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Hucky at PRI
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Nothing went over my head. That's the point he is talking out his azz. His example was cost to make a mono leaf car work like a link car of todays standards, it was his stupid example not mine.

If 36 grand is 3/4 of a roller then you have made my point.
    The way I understood his comment was using a mono-leaf or "half leaf" or some type of flexible / spring steel material in place or the LRU link rod, if a rule was put in place to make the spring rod/biscuit/shock contraption illegal. Not making a leaf car work like a 4 bar. As far as the 36k, maybe he thinks it would cost a grand in track rental, tires, fuel, engine wear, and prototype pieces to try each material, and it would take 36 tries to find the best one. Or maybe that cost estimate was pulled out of the azz........

Let him spend that 36k then just mandate the 4 link rod material and specify a range of allowable angles .

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    Let him spend that 36k then just mandate the 4 link rod material and specify a range of allowable angles .
    Maybe Lucas can just bring 24 cars to the track, have Kenny Kenneda set them up, and then they race. Sounds fun!
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Default $$$

If they want to really save teams money, a tire rule would save twice the money.

Quote Originally Posted by moonshine View Post
    If they want to really save teams money, a tire rule would save twice the money.
    They already have that. A piece of junk with Lucas badging that wears twice as fast as the economy equivalent.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Looking at the device, and how he drives the car.

I think the LR chain, and the little shock portion are clamped to the axle. Using the chains connection to the BC / Clamp device as the pivot point. When he gets on the gas, it uses axle wrap to add more top bar indexing in, via separating the top bar portion from the chains pivot point. Once the traction and axle wrap decrease the little shock makes sure the rear end doesn't over index, and returns back to its neutral, as well as dampens the entire action.

Over Indexing is the common problem with a 4 bar car, well, getting enough travel to over index with std shock lengths and bar lengths. You can run short bars and over index easy, and have abrupt traction, and then loose. So uses longer bars, longer duration of traction, and cant get enough index / bar angle.

Reduce drop on the LR will keep the rear end more square in the car, and you can drive it straighter coming off the corner, but if its tight off you can throttle thru it. Plus its using the axle wrap on the LR to help keep the car up on the LR and RF down at all times.

Basically using the force of the rear end to pry up the LR of the body / car. Also i think thats why he has so much pre-load in that LR spring, keeps the car up against the chains pivot point at all times on the track, and apply throttle as needed to steer, thru the corners.

Just guessing, fun to look over and figure out.

Just say no...

Kevin Rumley was using an argument known as "reductio ad absurdum". For those that think I'm ill-witted for having quoted it or agreeing with him, I suggest picking up a logic textbook. Or watch reruns of Big Bang Theory until you figure it out.
    Kevin Rumley is a smart guy. His attempt at humor and proving a point simultaneously falls on deaf ears to the majority of the people in our sport. It's a shame.

bahaha.. only you and masterbuilt are smart enough to get it hahaha..

Logic tells me you two are not rocket scientists or innovators !
    Don't need to be a Rocket scientist. I am a racer and an engineer. That is enough.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Aww and you prove my point!

"my attempt at humor and proving a point simultaneously falls on deaf ears to the majority of the people in our sport who think they are smarter than the rest of us commoners. It's a shame."

Says you, where do we go to see the things you make, sell, build and have designed for the racing industry?
    I have a day job. I don't build things to sell. I make things for myself.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Aww man your engineer degree must have shorted you on the basic reading and comprehension education.

You answered you don't "sell".. ok Ill re word the above question for you to simplify it and wait on the edge of my seat for your reply!!

"Says you, where do we go to see the things you make, build and have designed for the racing industry?"
    You are slow. If I don't sell, I don't show.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Probably the most important question to ask about this gadget .... "will we be talking about it a year from now ?"

I doubt it, but I've been wrong before

Yes I know Im slow compared to you and matt, we all are according to you guys.

Sprinkle some more big words into your post next time so you can say I need to look up some definitions again why don't ya!
    Never said I was smarter. Just that you missed Rumley point.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Yes I know Im slow compared to you and matt, we all are according to you guys. Sprinkle some more big words into your post next time so you can say I need to look up some definitions again why don't ya!
    Dude, chill!Remember everyone, including billet, saying how they stopped replying on these boards?!Speak your mind/ opinion on the subject at hand and leave the emotion for the high school girls. I'm not on here much and I even get sick of hearing this crap. Get over it.

Wow...I don't recall saying anybody was stupid or that I was smarter than anybody else.
    If something I said offends somebody, I guess that's somebody's problem but it sure isn't mine.
    I have nothing to sell so therefore nothing to lose by not making friends on a message board.

And yes, Dirtmod13, very good point. You get on here and try to discuss ideas and somebody is always willing to cut you down and do it in such a way that the argument seems to be that being ignorant is superior to attempt to learn or understand something.

I really like MBR's responses to may topics. He answers cryptically sometimes, making you think about it rather than giving away everything. He is a valuable resource for us racers.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    Wow...I don't recall saying anybody was stupid or that I was smarter than anybody else.
    If something I said offends somebody, I guess that's somebody's problem but it sure isn't mine.
    I have nothing to sell so therefore nothing to lose by not making friends on a message board.

And yes, Dirtmod13, very good point. You get on here and try to discuss ideas and somebody is always willing to cut you down and do it in such a way that the argument seems to be that being ignorant is superior to attempt to learn or understand something.
    your absolutely correct matt, and if you look back, its usually always the same one........its ok to argue, some times you learn that way, but its the way one argues, the name calling and degrading needs to be kept in the gossip section......

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by keeks View Post
    I really like MBR's responses to may topics. He answers cryptically sometimes, making you think about it rather than giving away everything. He is a valuable resource for us racers.
    I have known Mastersbuilt Racer for years he has helped us a lot over the years . He is a lot smarter than i am but he is always willing to help. Some times he gets over my head im old school racer things are not like 4o years ago . How is that Rayburn doing MBR ?

Quote Originally Posted by old17ford View Post
    I have known Mastersbuilt Racer for years he has helped us a lot over the years . He is a lot smarter than i am but he is always willing to help. Some times he gets over my head im old school racer things are not like 4o years ago . How is that Rayburn doing MBR ?
    She is about 0.8 seconds a lap faster than she was a year ago.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    She is about 0.8 seconds a lap faster than she was a year ago.
    Whats the connection mbracer between your username and actually racing a rayburn?
    Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep.