Default Kyle Larson Wins At Homestead and Display's Some Class Afterward

Kyle Larson took the win in the NASCAR Xfinity race at Homestead yesterday. This isn't all that surprising. What was every bit as significant as the victory is that he didn't do the silly and almost obligatory victory burnout after the checkered flag dropped.

In deference to Chris Buescher winning the 2015 NASCAR Xfinity championship Larson didn't do a burnout as is the case in nearly 100% of victory celebrations. These victory burnouts have become passe' and it'd be nice if the winning drivers would find another way to celebrate.

The foregoing of the race winning celebratory antics by Larson shows that maybe the kid learned some manners, class and dignity in the process of his upbringing. Character traits that were lost on some other drivers, in the past and present.

I have to agree. I guess you can call me old school.

Ditto. Class act by Mr. Larson.

I have to agree 100%. The burnout thing is more of the gimmick hooks tools ! I cant imagine The King and the others back when the racing was real allowing that extra wear and tear on the equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Kyle Larson took the win in the NASCAR Xfinity race at Homestead yesterday. This isn't all that surprising. What was every bit as significant as the victory is that he didn't do the silly and almost obligatory victory burnout after the checkered flag dropped.

In deference to Chris Buescher winning the 2015 NASCAR Xfinity championship Larson didn't do a burnout as is the case in nearly 100% of victory celebrations. These victory burnouts have become passe' and it'd be nice if the winning drivers would find another way to celebrate.

The foregoing of the race winning celebratory antics by Larson shows that maybe the kid learned some manners, class and dignity in the process of his upbringing. Character traits that were lost on some other drivers, in the past and present.
    I'm with ya on the burn out thing...boring if ya ask me

I heard on this board that Mr. Larson was a failure in Nascar. Great kid, Great driver, hope he gets some more fast cars in both series, to show How good he really is. Showed some class Saturday for sure.

Not to start anything or be an azz but what would be another way to celebrate ? Other than the normal victory lane hugging and champagne popping etc. ? Or is that sufficient ?

Larson was about to win the Sunday race, but the made up nothing caution messed him up with 8 laps to go!

Yes it did.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtMAN007 View Post
    Not to start anything or be an azz but what would be another way to celebrate ? Other than the normal victory lane hugging and champagne popping etc. ? Or is that sufficient ?
    I don't know the answer to that question dirtMAN but I'd bet Richard Petty could give you the answer. He won 200 and not once did he do anything that remotely resembled a burnout. I'm sure he could give some pointers as to how to celebrate a victory without a burnout, he had a whole lotta' practice.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Kyle Larson took the win in the NASCAR Xfinity race at Homestead yesterday. This isn't all that surprising. What was every bit as significant as the victory is that he didn't do the silly and almost obligatory victory burnout after the checkered flag dropped. In deference to Chris Buescher winning the 2015 NASCAR Xfinity championship Larson didn't do a burnout as is the case in nearly 100% of victory celebrations. These victory burnouts have become passe' and it'd be nice if the winning drivers would find another way to celebrate. The foregoing of the race winning celebratory antics by Larson shows that maybe the kid learned some manners, class and dignity in the process of his upbringing. Character traits that were lost on some other drivers, in the past and present.
    Had it not been for the phantom yellow flag in the cup race for a water bottle that had been on the track for over 100 laps, he may have won the cup race as well!

Its OK to do a little burn out, but it does get old and Kyle does the same thing, don't care for it there either, but I see your point.

And I for one think Kyle will be a whale of a talent, they've just hyped him a little to much to early, give the kid a break and allow him to learn the ropes..Joey proved that...whether you like him or not, with a little time to mature, Joey became potent...

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Had it not been for the phantom yellow flag in the cup race for a water bottle that had been on the track for over 100 laps, he may have won the cup race as well!
    You might well be right RR, but we'll never know now. I wasn't as disappointed in Larson missing a prime opportunity for a victory as much as I was with the feeling of being deprived of watching how the whole scenario was going to unfold with time running out. It could have been the high water mark for the race in regards to drama and excitement.

It's one thing for a legitimate situation that requires a yellow to be thrown, we all can live with that, but it's another altogether when it's a very marginal hazard that brings out the yellow. The other thing that is bothersome about the yellow in question is that the "debris" was right in front of the flagstand in full view of the starter. I'm thinking he could probably tell that it posed little or no danger to cars, drivers or spectators.

They wanted to give the 4 car a chance. Simple as that.

Default The Best Victory Celebration Of Them All

Here ya' go dirtMAN. This YouTube video is the best victory celebration I have ever seen and it was performed by none other than Kyle Larson so he knows how to celebrate a win. This was after Larson had been victorious in a preliminary night A-Main at The Chili Bowl Midget Nationals in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Kyle tried this in his taxi cab racer after winning an Xfinity race at California and it didn't have the same effect as it did in the midget. In addition, following him trying this in his Xfinity stock car NASCAR advised Larson not to do it again lest there be rather firm repercussions.

Note what Larson has in his left hand! LOL!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEe_nbuhQfk