Default rear metric trailling arms

Whats everyone's opinion on rear trailing arms set them for best roll center and get forward. traction with added weight and transfer or set them for forward bite angled more and just spring car softer for roll and side bite? What are all the fast guys doin?

The fast guys are doing what is comfortable and consistent to them. You cannot be fast unless you are comfortable.

Just experiment until you find what works best for how you drive and tweak from there.
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

No right or wrong way, only what is fastest on the stop watch for your car. I think the biggest thing is understanding what you have and what adjustments will help that. I ran a very high rear RC, so my upper arms had a lot of angle, so with that I ran soft springs and all my weight was up high. We ran a lot of small tight tracks so coming off the corner from a slow speed was key for me. You can set it up with a lower rear RC but you might need more rear spring and the weight not as high. Lots of variables, Driving style, track size and banking, slick or heavy tracks. It takes a while to find that happy medium that works best for you, so dont be afraid to try things. If this was easy, everyone would be fast!

Dave
    2012 UMP Stock Car National Champions.
    2013 UMP Modified Rookie of the Year
    2014 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Fairbury American Legion Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 UMP Modified, Northen IL Regional Champion
    2018 UMP Modified, #2 National Points Standings
    Like us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/McKinneyMotorsports