Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default New Rocket car???

Sounds like the blue/gray cars are going to be going by the way of the black front end cars. I just got a 2014 car. Figures. Should be interesting to see how they go. Who knows, it could be a flop like the orange front cars. John 1*
    "Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back."
    — Heraclitus

[QUOTE=jrkracing54;1969161]Sounds like the blue/gray cars are going to be going by the way of the black front end cars. I just got a 2014 car. Figures. Should be interesting to see how they go. Who knows, it could be a flop like the orange front cars. John 1*[/ I don't think it means your car is out dated. Sheppard just won at Charlotte with a 2014 car. This is No different than any other Motorsport new models come out all the time. I am sure the 2014 car you have will still be competitive. I think it is great that we have competition... Think about how boring the racing could be if these chassis builders didn't make improvements. It would be the same old thing.

Yea I'm not actually upset about it. It was more tongue in cheek that I just got caught up and they put a new car out. It's not like I'm running a national series or anything. John 1*
    "Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back."
    — Heraclitus

Flop like the orange car? I really like my orange car. I'm not running no open motor class I'm running crates but it works really well. My buddy just ordered the new car said they were 81 behind

I'm not trying to insult any car but I'm sure you would have to agree that car did not have the impact that they were hoping for when they put it out. Even Steve at Rocket told me if I bought an orange front I should change the ball joints and spindles and make it a gray front. I'm sure there are several people who love those cars but I'm just saying they did not live up to their expectations. John 1*
    — Heraclitus

No they didn't, I changed mine over to the gray. They are all good cars. Old to new

They said this new car is alot more $ anybody get a price yet

There is a package that will cost quite a bit more, but you don't have to purchase that package. It's about a weight saving idea and that costs money.

Quote Originally Posted by DEKconsulting View Post
    They said this new car is alot more $ anybody get a price yet
    we was told the least way you could buy a car was chassis,(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit,decking and a body kit, not mounted for 12 grand. That was what rocket quoted us.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundNrOUND View Post
    There is a package that will cost quite a bit more, but you don't have to purchase that package. It's about a weight saving idea and that costs money.
    I will say that's exactly why Darrell's club cars are always fast when someone buys a new car. He requires you to buy the car complete and scales it before you leave. Most people assume they can "do it themselves" and they struggle and blame it on the car. ie: running a different school package, springs, and weight placement. You can't buy the cheapest model on the lot and expect to out perform the builder.

Freexer19 you are million % correct! Every customer who buys a are from us with all the required componets and how we say to start off ALWAYS goes faster and is MUCH happier than the guys of I don't need that or I can get that part on a deal or so an so makes that it's close to it an cheaper i'll get that one. That guy who don't buy all the stuff from us soon is back spending 2 times the money to get all the correct stuff after struggling for a season. And yes chassis builder is the easiest person to blame if the car don't work...

Mike @ Warrior Race Cars

I just dnt understand all those "color" packages they have at Rocket .... seems like you'd want sumthin versital

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    I just dnt understand all those "color" packages they have at Rocket .... seems like you'd want sumthin versital
    The thinking behind it is the different "colors" cater to different driving styles, and you buy the car that's supposed to cater to your driving style.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I wonder if they offer a Leather Recliner "color", for all of you full of wisdom Recliner Drivers

Back on the cost of the car, rolling from rocket is around 38K from what I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by McCool 57J View Post
    Back on the cost of the car, rolling from rocket is around 38K from what I understand.
    Isn't that about in line with Longhorn, Club 29, etc.?

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundNrOUND View Post
    I'm quite sure it is not all about weight !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    Isn't that about in line with Longhorn, Club 29, etc.?

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    The last I heard, longhorn was 37k, black diamond 43-45k, and add 3-4k for Lanigan's touches.

From what I was told, all of these cars come with the body sat on them and a few select parts.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    The last I heard, longhorn was 37k, black diamond 43-45k, and add 3-4k for Lanigan's touches. From what I was told, all of these cars come with the body sat on them and a few select parts.
    I was saying a couple nights ago, the 2015 season will be a major turning point in dirt late model racing. If you want to be a winner on the national stage, it will take a lot more money. You will see a lot of teams fold in 2016 or after. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    The last I heard, longhorn was 37k, black diamond 43-45k, and add 3-4k for Lanigan's touches.

From what I was told, all of these cars come with the body sat on them and a few select parts.
    From what I've heard, you take your engine, trans and oil system when you pick up a black diamond and it's ready to race when you leave. Could be false info tho.