Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by D. Tidrow View Post
    I was saying a couple nights ago, the 2015 season will be a major turning point in dirt late model racing. If you want to be a winner on the national stage, it will take a lot more money. You will see a lot of teams fold in 2016 or after. That is all.
    agreed ....

Does it matter? I thought everyone knew if you wanted to win in this day and age you need a Longhorn. I am sorry you bought the wrong brand of car.

A few months back a longhorn was $32k and a Black Diamond was $33.5k as complete rollers and thats the only way they will sell them.

Jus another way to get your money use to you could buy jus a frame its BS to me

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Jus another way to get your money use to you could buy jus a frame its BS to me
    Get your money, but give you the best product too. A lot of folks get their cars all jacked up putting them together themselves. Binds, wrong bump steer, all kinds of issues. You can't afford to give anything up and expect to run well.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Get your money, but give you the best product too. A lot of folks get their cars all jacked up putting them together themselves. Binds, wrong bump steer, all kinds of issues. You can't afford to give anything up and expect to run well.
    ^This. If I ever sold cars, I'd ONLY sell them as rollers. Heck I might even make the customer bring me their engine so I could put that in too.. You sell a car as a bare frame and you end up having your name and your company on a car that billy joe put a 1998 rearend with the wrong length tubes in, put the uppers on backwards, used some used/locked solid 4 link heims, and runs like a pile of you know what with a giant ______ racing chassis sticker on the spoiler. And these guys don't make any money on just the frame either.

I understand that logic but at the same time disagree. What happens once you leave their shop? Rayburn used to preach that guys were the fastest in his cars when they first left his shop, and he was right. Look at Auckland back in the day or Erb in present day. But as soon as you struggle you start turning things and just screw it up from there. That's also why he joked he was going to build a car where the only adjustable thing was the seat belts. It's virtually impossible to put a price on workmanship and design but when I hear the prices on some of these cars I'm blown away. Good way to kill the sport.

So there's guys buying brand new chassis ... And using components off a 1997 bullett leaf car ??? Your telling me a guy capable of fabricating his own stuff can't tell if a heim end is rusted solid ? Guys that have been fabricating their whole lives can't measure a 4 link rod center to center or use a bump steer gauge ??? Or a camber gauge ? Or
    Read ride heights ? Or read scale numbers ? By this logic racers should throw away their fab equipment because the only one qualified to use it is the guy making 15 an hour working at a chassis builder ...

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    So there's guys buying brand new chassis ... And using components off a 1997 bullett leaf car ??? Your telling me a guy capable of fabricating his own stuff can't tell if a heim end is rusted solid ? Guys that have been fabricating their whole lives can't measure a 4 link rod center to center or use a bump steer gauge ??? Or a camber gauge ? Or
    Read ride heights ? Or read scale numbers ? By this logic racers should throw away their fab equipment because the only one qualified to use it is the guy making 15 an hour working at a chassis builder ...
    your totally right the guy that are winning on consist basis don't need the chassis builder to tell them what to do. It's been my experience that most chassis builders rely on there customers feed back to know what to do. A lot of times it's the changes a customer makes that is incorporated in their new design. Most racers are just as smart as the chassis builders. It's when the builders start Beliving that they are smarter then their customers is when they become irrelevant. CJ is a prime example he's always thought he was smarter the the next guy and his way is the only way. Where have that gotten him . Now he's just an after thought in the business.
    Last edited by tsand; 11-27-2015 at 06:58 AM.

There are plenty of people out there that are not capable of assembling it correctly. Take a walk around the pits at a regular Saturday night show.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

There are plenty of people out there that are not capable of assembling it correctly. Take a walk around the pits at a regular Saturday night show.
    there is people in all sports that don't know what they are doing just like there is chassis builders that can build a first class car then don't know what to do with it once it gets to the track. One set up or one design won't work for ever driver. Someone can do the opposite of what the builders tell them to do but it might work for their driving style. I've seen things on cars that I would say that won't work then seen that same car blister the field. What might be wrong for you might be right for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Tidrow View Post
    I was saying a couple nights ago, the 2015 season will be a major turning point in dirt late model racing. If you want to be a winner on the national stage, it will take a lot more money. You will see a lot of teams fold in 2016 or after. That is all.
    I think I agree with you, it will look like the sprint car circuit in the next few years. Crate racing sucks, its going to be a sad day. The steel block class was the best for low budget teams and the racing was really good too. Miss them days.

Quote Originally Posted by tsand View Post
    there is people in all sports that don't know what they are doing just like there is chassis builders that can build a first class car then don't know what to do with it once it gets to the track. One set up or one design won't work for ever driver. Someone can do the opposite of what the builders tell them to do but it might work for their driving style. I've seen things on cars that I would say that won't work then seen that same car blister the field. What might be wrong for you might be right for someone else.
    I don't think you get my drift. Missing bumpsteer shims and tie rods on the wrong side of the steering arm won't make you faster. Neither will bound up 4 links from incorrect spacer locations.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Mb racer if guy can't even install spacers in the correct location or have the common sense to move the suspension through its travel and look for binds it's highly unlikely he's going to run well reguardless of who assembled the car. Keyser has bearing uppers on sale for 89 each today ... Is the 8" 13 degree bearing upper from the builder with a keyser decal for 140 superior to the 8" 13 degree upper wih the keyser decal for 89 ??

Are the grade 5 4 link bolts without the head back cut that builders provide superior to the exact length grade 8 bolts with the back side of the head chamfered back for extra clearance ??? Builders don't have the time to be meticulous with minor details because they can't change enough to take 100 hours to body a car . The builders provide exact measurements as to where everything goes and the proper component sizes in my opinion if you can't follow those instructions you should find another hobby. It's funny people complain about cost but clowns come
    On here with the opinion that unless your buying a club 29 complete with decals you shouldn't race lol lol lol. Building the car is one of the best parts of racing ..

Cool Take That!!!

You my friend, "Hit the nail on the head and drove it thru the board and out the other side!!!"
    Left 4M and Dirt Late Model racing, 04/12/2016 @12:06AM.

Are the grade 5 4 link bolts without the head back cut that builders provide superior to the exact length grade 8 bolts with the back side of the head chamfered back for extra clearance ??? Builders don't have the time to be meticulous with minor details because they can't change enough to take 100 hours to body a car . The builders provide exact measurements as to where everything goes and the proper component sizes in my opinion if you can't follow those instructions you should find another hobby. It's funny people complain about cost but clowns come
    On here with the opinion that unless your buying a club 29 complete with decals you shouldn't race lol lol lol. Building the car is one of the best parts of racing ..
    I laugh at the guys who buy a club car and don't go any faster. I envy the guys who can afford to do so and now you can't beat them.

There are guys who are very talented drivers, but lack the knowledge it takes to do it right. That is a fact. Those folks need someone to do it right for them.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

^^^ We used to say those guys had "all dollars and no sense!" I agree that there is much enjoyment in building a car. Anymore, I think I get more satisfaction out of working on the car than actually racing it. I feel like I live in the wrong era. I would've like to have raced when you had to salvage or fabricate most everything on the car. Now you just buy it off the shelf (or on-line...which I did today as well).

I like to see the guy with the home-made trailer, towing it with a 30 year old van, driving an old car he bought off some rich team who thought it was junk, who builds his own engines and shocks and stuff and just smokes that high dollar junk.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Quote Originally Posted by let-r-eat View Post
    I like to see the guy with the home-made trailer, towing it with a 30 year old van, driving an old car he bought off some rich team who thought it was junk, who builds his own engines and shocks and stuff and just smokes that high dollar junk.
    when is the last time that happened??
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars